Massive Shooting at TDKR premiere

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BMWM3P View Post
    LOL, I bet you got that from Wikipedia.

Didn't I say states allow it the way you originally state it you acted as if getting a machine gun was the same as buying a handgun which is pretty fuking far from the truth.

You can only get pre 1986 automatics and you have to have a class three permit.

Have you ever tried to get a class 3 permit? Do you have any idea what it takes and how much it cost.
    So let me get this straight. You are saying the majority of legal gun holders have handguns (not auto machine guns) since getting this class 3 permit is apparantly very tough and expensive. Whereas illegal criminals have access to the whole spectrum of weapons including machine guns.

So basically in a gunfight, a criminal could potentially have a M16 rifle or an uzi vs your handgun. In the UK, it would be like having the right to own a butter knife vs the illegals who carry samurai swords.

Unfortunately since it's nigh on impossible to get rid of the guns in circulation and the us legislators also don't wanna piss off the pro gun lobbyists and companies who prolly paid off plenty of politicians...i'm afraid america is going to have many more school and cinema shootings to come.

It's really sad tbh because i've visited america and the people there are generally friendly and nice and they don't deserve this crap with some madman joker wannabe murdering people on what should have been a nice family day out.

Comment

• Man... Did anyone here what O'reilly said? basically saying that the kids that were their with parents only got hurt/killed or were in harms way because the parents didn't want to pay for a babysitter.

Thats one of the most outrageous things I have ever heard and it seriously pisses me off. Especially after seeing a guy with his back turned to the camera saying he just found out his 6 year old daughter was killed.

Im not one to throw a hissy fit about **** said by reporters, but someone needs to do something about that statement. He needs to pay for saying that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cazadores View Post
        Man... Did anyone here what O'reilly said? basically saying that the kids that were their with parents only got hurt/killed or were in harms way because the parents didn't want to pay for a babysitter.

Thats one of the most outrageous things I have ever heard and it seriously pisses me off. Especially after seeing a guy with his back turned to the camera saying he just found out his 6 year old daughter was killed.

Im not one to throw a hissy fit about **** said by reporters, but someone needs to do something about that statement. He needs to pay for saying that.
        WOW. Haven't seen the segment myself, but if he did say that, he deserves a swift kick in the ball bag for that.

Comment

• In the second issue of Frank Miller’s “The Dark Knight Returns” a crazed gunman stands up in the middle of a Batman-inspired **** movie and opens fire inside the crowded theater.

There are eerie similarities between the massacre at the Aurora multiplex during a showing of “The Dark Knight Rises” and a sequence in a seminal 1986 comic book.

In the second issue of Frank Miller’s “The Dark Knight Returns” a crazed gunman stands up in the middle of a Batman-inspired **** movie and opens fire inside the crowded theater.

“Arnold Crimp fingers the cold steel thing in his pocket and stares at the movie marquee and does not throw up,” the caption reads above one panel.

“The [movie] title is ‘My Sweet Statan,’ the narrator continues, as the red-headed gunman stands up in the darkened theater with a revolver in his hand. “Which is what Arnold Crimp is absolutely certain he heard when he played “Stairway to Heaven” backwards.”

“On the screen, a nun — a nun is doing something and she’s painted exactly like a whore.”

The scene then cuts to a television news telecast with a Batman logo in the background. “Three slain in Batman-inspired **** theater shoot-out. Details to follow...”

“Listen, you’re talking about a character that’s been published over 60 years with a million stories, if you want to look through all those panels through Comic book fist fights, you’re going to eventually find one that’s could be construed as similar,” novelist and comic book writer Brad Meltzer told The News. “But that’s as like blaming the Columbine school shooting years ago on rock and roll music.”

Though it’s unclear if the suspected gunman who killed the 12 people at the midnight showing of “The Dark Knight Rises” early Friday morning ever read the Miller series, he apparently knows something of comic book lore.

James Holmes burst in through an emergency exit dressed as a comic book villain, police said.

“He said he was the Joker, enemy of Batman,” New York City Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly said after being briefed by Aurora police.

Ethan Sacks

[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

• Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
            In the second issue of Frank Miller’s “The Dark Knight Returns” a crazed gunman stands up in the middle of a Batman-inspired **** movie and opens fire inside the crowded theater.

There are eerie similarities between the massacre at the Aurora multiplex during a showing of “The Dark Knight Rises” and a sequence in a seminal 1986 comic book.

“Arnold Crimp fingers the cold steel thing in his pocket and stares at the movie marquee and does not throw up,” the caption reads above one panel.

“The [movie] title is ‘My Sweet Statan,’ the narrator continues, as the red-headed gunman stands up in the darkened theater with a revolver in his hand. “Which is what Arnold Crimp is absolutely certain he heard when he played “Stairway to Heaven” backwards.”

“On the screen, a nun — a nun is doing something and she’s painted exactly like a whore.”

The scene then cuts to a television news telecast with a Batman logo in the background. “Three slain in Batman-inspired **** theater shoot-out. Details to follow...”

“Listen, you’re talking about a character that’s been published over 60 years with a million stories, if you want to look through all those panels through Comic book fist fights, you’re going to eventually find one that’s could be construed as similar,” novelist and comic book writer Brad Meltzer told The News. “But that’s as like blaming the Columbine school shooting years ago on rock and roll music.”

Though it’s unclear if the suspected gunman who killed the 12 people at the midnight showing of “The Dark Knight Rises” early Friday morning ever read the Miller series, he apparently knows something of comic book lore.

James Holmes burst in through an emergency exit dressed as a comic book villain, police said.

“He said he was the Joker, enemy of Batman,” New York City Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly said after being briefed by Aurora police.

Ethan Sacks

[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]
            I've read that a couple times, and don't remember that. I agree that when something's been around as long as Batman, you'll find similar stories to just about anything that happens in life.

Comment

• I can't see how comics could drive somebody to perpetrate such a horrific act of violence. I always look back on my comic reading and collecting days as happy ones.

I guess anything can be used as an insanity defense these days, though.

The world scares me sometimes.

Comment

• That's the second crime inspired by a batman flick : http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...ers-death.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post

The world scares me sometimes.
                  I feel you brother...the malls ain't safe, the schools, the post office, now the movie theaters...is not pretty out there and it keeps getting uglier by the second...

Comment

• Very sad, may they all rest in peace.

Why can't these emo ****s just jump in front of a train? The media hype around these things only perpetuates copy cat crime, the way the media exploits these sorts of tragedies is sickening some times.

this sums it up perfectly.

Comment

• may they all rest in peace.

Comment

Working...
                      X