heavy metal thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Noose View Post
    So...is Phil Anselmo a racist?
    No doubt lol, Dimebag probably was too... I ain't judging much though, that scene has gotta be full of skinheads and ****.

Comment

• His excuse was pretty pathetic

White wine / White power - Geddit?!

Comment

• Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
        His excuse was pretty pathetic

White wine / White power - Geddit?!
        I have seen Phil countless times over the years. There's always a hell of a lot of white power flying around the room, it's no coincidence.

Dude once said something like "I know there are good black people out there in the world too. Good oriental people too." The implication of which is that they are by nature all bad, but surely there are a few good ones.

Phil means well, but he is racist as fuck. I don't hold it against him though, the Illegals album was great, he's just the definition of white trash ignorance.

Comment

• Originally posted by paulf View Post
          I have seen Phil countless times over the years. There's always a hell of a lot of white power flying around the room, it's no coincidence.

Dude once said something like "I know there are good black people out there in the world too. Good oriental people too." The implication of which is that they are by nature all bad, but surely there are a few good ones.

Phil means well, but he is racist as fuck. I don't hold it against him though, the Illegals album was great, he's just the definition of white trash ignorance.
          Yeah i give him a pass. It's not like he's writing blogs about why blacks are bad or anything. He's just a bit of an idiot with poor timing lol

Comment

So...is Phil Anselmo a racist?
            That shit was really lame. No doubt he regrets it. He went full redneck.

Comment

• Anselmo has always seemed like an intelligent man. So i dont understand at all how he can sympathise with white supremacy at all.
              He hasnt gone on any racist rants that i know of. But he has given nazi salutes and worn t-shirts that has apparently had white supremacy logos on them. So i dont get it.

Id like him to actually explain what all this is about. He has always been very outspoken, so id love to see him asked direct questions about his opinions regarding racism. It shouldnt be a big issue unless he is scared of committing career suicide.
              So disappointed in him.

Comment

• People don't ever confront him on because it's Phil goddamn Anselmo.

The geezer from Machinehead made a vid where he said Phil told him he hated it when his band went through "that ***** phase" or something like that backstage at the same show.

Comment

Anselmo has always seemed like an intelligent man. So i dont understand at all how he can sympathise with white supremacy at all.
                  He hasnt gone on any racist rants that i know of. But he has given nazi salutes and worn t-shirts that has apparently had white supremacy logos on them. So i dont get it.

Id like him to actually explain what all this is about. He has always been very outspoken, so id love to see him asked direct questions about his opinions regarding racism. It shouldnt be a big issue unless he is scared of committing career suicide.
                  So disappointed in him.
                  Agreed. His racist tendencies are well known though and have been ongoing for decades, popped up here and there with its ugly face. When he becomes shit faced he lets his guard down and then it comes through. Not sure if he really believes in it, but it was really pathetic this time and he lost respect from a lot of people within the metal community.

Pantera was a band with black fans too, not sure they can wear t-shirts and have posters hanging around their house anymore after this. As you say, he should come clean about it. He made that video apology which seemed legit. The man is in his 40s now, you'd think he'd learn. I always liked him but yeah, this is problematic at best. Phil...
                  Last edited by Weltschmerz; 02-03-2016, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Comment

He hasnt gone on any racist rants that i know of.
                      "they dont want your culture, they dog on every white person that was ever born" -______________-

Comment

Working...
                      X