Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(VIDEO) ESPN analysts comparing Lebron to Jordan??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
    in terms of ability lebron could be compared to most if not all the great players in the leagues history, not accomplishments or greatness but just pure ability. its done to figure out how much he could accomplish and how great he might become one day based on the ability he has now.

besides its only natural to compare the best players of today with the best players of the past. it will never stop and i dont see why it should. its not dissrespectful to jordan at all, its really a compliment how whenever someone dominates the league ppl think of MJ and cant help but to compare.
    Judging just on ability, a lot of guys can be compared to Jordan. It would be stupid to bring up Vince Carter among the best players ever though, wouldn't it?

Comment

Age does has something to do with it, to those that said it doesn't.

We can all agree that physically/ability-wise, LeBron is on par with a lot of the all time greats.

The biggest knock on him has been what? Shrinking on the big stage. Not playing fundamentally sound basketball when it's mattered the most. LeBron made countless critical mistakes when losing the Finals twice, a stage that most don't even get to see once. That all comes with maturity and development. And we are seeing that now. It happened with Jordan, it happened with Magic, etc.

The issues with comparing LeBron to Jordan and others are many. The circumstances surrounding their careers are radically different, and they are playing in a different league. Most importantly, LeBron is at his peak NOW, with only half of his story being written.

Comment

So it begins..........................

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
          That's not a factor at all. Because Jordan did not have the same help that Lebron has. Jordan would have won with Miami too.
          Jordan had more help for the time that he played compared to Lebron now. Wade and Bosh weren't playing at the level this year as Pippen and Rodman did when they were with Jordan. Neither had a good finals series or even a good playoffs in general.

And if you compare the influx of talent, and look at how many superstars are on Thunder, Jordan never had to face a team with that calibre of players.

Durant is a 3 time scoring leader. Harden and Westbrook have the potential to be scoring leaders if they were on other teams. Ibaka is one of the best defenders in the league. Safalosha is a great 1on1 defender. You can't seriously tell me that Jordan has ever faced a more skilled team than that.

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          That is so stupid to post, I mean it's completely idiotic.

Jordan took 6 years. Lebron took 9. That's far more relevant. As is Lebron losing in two Finals, whereas Jordan never lost in the Finals.
          I was just pointing that out to show that it isn't crazy to compare Lebron and Jordan. I know that doesn't make Lebron better just cuz he won his title at a younger age. Norris Cole is 20 and he has a title. Doesn't mean anything.

But if you look at Lebron's overall numbers in his 9 years and how he pretty much does every single thing on the court at a high level(something even Jordan couldn't do), it isn't crazy to even suggest that Lebron is better. You can make an argument both ways as to who is greater even right now IMO.

Personally this isn't boxing, tennis or golf so to compare them just based on titles is ridiculous. So IMO I would pic Lebron over Jordan. But I could see how ppl would pick Jordan over Lebron too. Neither is a crazy statement.

Comment

Originally posted by kswizzy99 View Post
            Jordan had more help for the time that he played compared to Lebron now. Wade and Bosh weren't playing at the level this year as Pippen and Rodman did when they were with Jordan. Neither had a good finals series or even a good playoffs in general.

And if you compare the influx of talent, and look at how many superstars are on Thunder, Jordan never had to face a team with that calibre of players.

Durant is a 3 time scoring leader. Harden and Westbrook have the potential to be scoring leaders if they were on other teams. Ibaka is one of the best defenders in the league. Safalosha is a great 1on1 defender. You can't seriously tell me that Jordan has ever faced a more skilled team than that

You're contradicting yourself. First you said Wade and Bosh didn't play on the level as Pippen and Rodman (which I don't agree with) and then you talk about how Jordan and the bulls never played against a team as good as Oklahoma. Which I also disagree with. You can't have it both ways.How are you going to claim the Thunder had more skilled players (Harden?) than Magic Johnson, Karl Malone, John Stockton, Isaiah Thomas or Rodman (who you included for Chicago)?Those are HOF players. Not including all of the excellent role players (Worthy, Scott) for each team.

That's beyond ridiculous.
            Last edited by joseph5620; 06-23-2012, 01:58 AM.

Comment

Jordan never flopped.

Comment

Durant is a 3 time scoring leader. Harden and Westbrook have the potential to be scoring leaders if they were on other teams. Ibaka is one of the best defenders in the league. Safalosha is a great 1on1 defender. You can't seriously tell me that Jordan has ever faced a more skilled team than that.
                Wait what? I had to do a double take on this post. Jordan scored 63 points against in a play off game one of the GREATEST teams in NBA history: The 85-86 Celtics who won 67 games that year. The team had Bird, McHale, Parish, Walton and Scott Wedman which over all was a much better team than the Thunder are. This was in his SECOND season, a season where he missed 64 games because he broke his foot. I mean, Jordan's played against some legendary teams, Bad Boy Pistons, the Jazz with Malone, Stockton and Hornacek.

Comment

You obviously didn't watch basketball in the 90's. Portland, Seattle, Phoenix and Utah were all better than the thunder. And all those teams besides seattle had atleast 2 hall of famers.

Portland= drexler and porter
                  Seattle= payton(kemp was one of the most dominant pf in the game at the time.)
                  Phoenix= barkley and k.j.
                  Utah= malone and stockton

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    Judging just on ability, a lot of guys can be compared to Jordan. It would be stupid to bring up Vince Carter among the best players ever though, wouldn't it?
                    at the end of his career with the script in hand, yes. but earlier in carters career when we saw what skills he had you couldnt help but to ask yourself how great can this guy become? how much can he achieve before its all said and done?

when you do that you cant help but to look at jordan. for years it was all about MJ, not that long ago. so whenever someone takes jordans place as the best active player in the sport and as the face of the sport amongst active players. ppl cant help but to wonder if he will ever take jordans all time spot.

the best players/prospects of today will always be compared with the best players of the past, its normal, maybe even human nature. its not dissrespectful to jordan its a compliment that whenever someone dominates the league they think of MJ. LBJ is already the king, so whats the next step? become the king of kings, currently Michael Jordan.

Comment

His AIRNESS will never be surpassed. End of discussion!
                      Last edited by PR ESQ.; 06-23-2012, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X