No announcement yet.

the universe did not just create its damn self.we have a creator

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Spartacus Sully View Post
    I dont trust people that go by their full name.
    I doubt he gives a fuk.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Noose View Post
      I doubt he gives a fuk.
      but you seem to.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
        You know I mostly ride with you on this topic, but I dont completely bury my head in the sand from the other side.

There are some pretty ridiculous things that just "work" in this world. Just the simple things in life, the complexity of our brain, the way we heal, the way we can reproduce, how a woman can grow a baby inside of her, deliver it, and it be healthy and in working order... How the ozone protects us, how we trade o2 with trees and plants.

Lots of things just work, rather perfectly.

It does seem... As though a lot of these things come off as by design.

Like I said, youve seen me post on this topic, I think the Bible is rather a hilarity of a comic book... The stories are childs play... But a lot of actual realities, looking at them from a different perspective, they appear as though they were designed.

From whom or what, who knows.

All of those things can be explained and are far from perfection.

The Standard Model on the other hand seems to be God's recipie booke for the Universe everything has a purpose.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
          You know I mostly ride with you on this topic, but I dont completely bury my head in the sand from the other side.

There are some pretty ridiculous things that just "work" in this world. Just the simple things in life, the complexity of our brain, the way we heal, the way we can reproduce, how a woman can grow a baby inside of her, deliver it, and it be healthy and in working order... How the ozone protects us, how we trade o2 with trees and plants.

Lots of things just work, rather perfectly.

It does seem... As though a lot of these things come off as by design.
          But if you decide to learn about evolution it's all much better explained by various types of nonrandom selection acting on various mutation. And the "perfection" you mention is a rather messy illusion.

A good example you mentioned is the exchange of oxygen and co2 through photosynthesis. Oxygen isn't a prerequisite for life. Quite the opposite. Oxygen is a poisonous byproduct of photosynthesis. A beneficial mutation that enabled prehistoric prokaryotic cells to use oxygen in the process of respiration was such an obvious benefit that it spread extremely quickly. Now some organisms could "breathe" to poisonous waste product of most other organisms!

You mention other things like how ozone protects us, but you're looking at things the wrong way. What you are looking at is the result of billions of years of adaptation to the environment but what you are seeing is an environment seemingly made just for "us". It's rather like the water in a puddle saying "look how perfectly this hole in the ground fits us, it must have been created especially for us to sit in". And don't forget of course that those billions of years of adaptation principally consisted of things dying horribly if they got their adaptions wrong.

Like I said, youve seen me post on this topic, I think the Bible is rather a hilarity of a comic book... The stories are childs play... But a lot of actual realities, looking at them from a different perspective, they appear as though they were designed.

From whom or what, who knows.
          From noone. Because the apparent design of organisms is illusory and is completely explained by evolution.

There are also insane claims made about how the universe is "just right" for life to flourish. The universe which is 99.9999999999999% made out of environments that will kill you instantly.

Comment

• It's a quantum event - there is no need for a cause, it's just random.
            Since time was created - there was no 'before' for any cause to happen in.
            since it's fundamentally unknowable - it's not a valid question

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartacus Sully View Post
              but you seem to.
              I couldnt care less.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beasty View Post
                It's a quantum event - there is no need for a cause, it's just random.
                Since time was created - there was no 'before' for any cause to happen in.
                since it's fundamentally unknowable - it's not a valid question
                It was not a quantum event.

Something caused the big bang, not nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
                  It was not a quantum event.

Something caused the big bang, not nothing.
                  Thats's your opinion, it was obviously a quantum event. You might need to look up what quantum means in the dictionary. Lol The big bang was 10^-30 roughly smaller than a pin head at 1 planck

Comment

• Originally posted by Beasty View Post
                    Thats's your opinion, it was obviously a quantum event. You might need to look up what quantum means in the dictionary. Lol The big bang was 10^-30 roughly smaller than a pin head at 1 planck
                    1. A quantity or amount.
                    2. A specified portion.
                    3. Something that can be counted or measured.
                    4. Physics
                    a. The smallest amount of a physical quantity that can exist independently, especially a discrete quantity of electromagnetic radiation.
                    b. This amount of energy regarded as a unit.

I stand by my statement.

Comment

• The belief that nothing exploded and created everything sounds like as much of a fairy tale as what is in the bible.

Comment

Working...
                      X