No announcement yet.

the universe did not just create its damn self.we have a creator

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Even Money View Post
    Either way I'm just in awe of the things i've seen and been through.

It's impossible how far i've come.. and those moments that made me believe in God the most. Moments where you live forever. Death doesn't seem so bad either way to me, what else is there to see when you've already had your fill?

Still I know there's a God, because he's answered every single prayer i've ever made. Even all the impossible ones, and i've made a lot of impossible prayers that couldn't possibly happen but did.

I can't prove it but I still believe it.
    Death isn't so bad. My only regret would be not fulfilling my potential if I wasted my life, I worry I set my goals too high though.

Comment

It's impossible how far i've come.. and those moments that made me believe in God the most. Moments where you live forever. Death doesn't seem so bad either way to me, what else is there to see when you've already had your fill?

Still I know there's a God, because he's answered every single prayer i've ever made. Even all the impossible ones, and i've made a lot of impossible prayers that couldn't possibly happen but did.

I can't prove it but I still believe it.
      Also why don't you take credit for the things you have achieved.

Comment

• Originally posted by banburner View Post
        Death isn't so bad. My only regret would be not fulfilling my potential if I wasted my life, I worry I set my goals too high though.
        That's the thing with goals you set too high. Sometimes you reach them and find it's not what you really wanted.

I've found the stopping smelling the flowers approach works pretty well, especially if you got a honey who understands and supports you the whole way lol
        Last edited by DARKSEID; 06-19-2012, 06:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by banburner View Post
          You have an idea which is merely an opinion, I respect that however, a fact or theory is usually founded on observable and repeatable data. Or predicted by laws or models which have the specifications listed.

That's why we think the Higg's or God Particle exists, it is predicted by the standard model, a model that has predicted so many other fundamental particles and works flawlessly when concerning their interactions

I have an opinion myself concerning a higher power but I don't think it's fact as I am merely speculating.
          The standard model needs the higgs to exist, if it doesn't we could have a lot wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
            The standard model needs the higgs to exist, if it doesn't we could have a lot wrong.
            That's the thing though it's model dependant realism. Some other civilization might have derived proton structure to be something other than quarks, if their ideas work well to explain these things then it's as good a model as ours. Considering we can't even see quarks by themselves it's probably not a stupid idea to think that this is a possibility.

Even if it turns out there is a bit wrong with it, like Newton's law of Gravitation. It still makes accurate predictions on a lot of things so can still be used.

Comment

It's impossible how far i've come.. and those moments that made me believe in God the most.
              Whereas I agree with Douglas Adams when he said "isn't it enough to see that the garden is beautiful without also insisting that there are fairies at the bottom?"

Why do I believe so strongly in reality? Because it's the only one we've got.

Comment

• Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                Whereas I agree with Douglas Adams when he said "isn't it enough to see that the garden is beautiful without also insisting that there are fairies at the bottom?"

Why do I believe so strongly in reality? Because it's the only one we've got.
                You know I mostly ride with you on this topic, but I dont completely bury my head in the sand from the other side.

There are some pretty ridiculous things that just "work" in this world. Just the simple things in life, the complexity of our brain, the way we heal, the way we can reproduce, how a woman can grow a baby inside of her, deliver it, and it be healthy and in working order... How the ozone protects us, how we trade o2 with trees and plants.

Lots of things just work, rather perfectly.

It does seem... As though a lot of these things come off as by design.

Like I said, youve seen me post on this topic, I think the Bible is rather a hilarity of a comic book... The stories are childs play... But a lot of actual realities, looking at them from a different perspective, they appear as though they were designed.

From whom or what, who knows.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
                  You know I mostly ride with you on this topic, but I dont completely bury my head in the sand from the other side.

There are some pretty ridiculous things that just "work" in this world. Just the simple things in life, the complexity of our brain, the way we heal, the way we can reproduce, how a woman can grow a baby inside of her, deliver it, and it be healthy and in working order... How the ozone protects us, how we trade o2 with trees and plants.

Like I said, youve seen me post on this topic, I think the Bible is rather a hilarity of a comic book... The stories are childs play... But a lot of actual realities, looking at them from a different perspective, they appear as though they were designed.

From whom or what, who knows.

space jockey.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post

Perfection my arrrrse!

Take it away Neil....

Comment

• Originally posted by The Noose View Post
                      Perfection my arrrrse!

Take it away Neil....

I dont trust people that go by their full name.

Comment

Working...
                      X