No announcement yet.

China laughs at Planned American Stealth destroyer "It really sucks"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Southpaw Stinger View Post
    I think there's patriotism and nationalism. They say a patriot loves his country, a nationalist hates everyone else's.
    Being patriotic is a good thing provided you don't overdo it.

American patriotism will keep the country strong and united regardless of tough times.
    And it has.

I think there is a good thing and bad thing to that.

The good is that for over 100 years, the mentality of "America is the greatest country in the world" has echoed in the minds of every American and in the early decades, pushed America on top of the world in almost every category.

Now that we have reached that status in the world, the bad thing is that same mindset is being repeated even though we have become complacent and are falling behind in the world.

So it's kind of a double edged sword, on one hand it was that attitude that propelled America to being a super power, on the other we have gotten complacent and still think the same thing even though it's not true anymore and now we need to work as hard as previous generations did to regain that status.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
      And it has.

I think there is a good thing and bad thing to that.

The good is that for over 100 years, the mentality of "America is the greatest country in the world" has echoed in the minds of every American and in the early decades, pushed America on top of the world in almost every category.

Now that we have reached that status in the world, the bad thing is that same mindset is being repeated even though we have become complacent and are falling behind in the world.

So it's kind of a double edged sword, on one hand it was that attitude that propelled America to being a super power, on the other we have gotten complacent and still think the same thing even though it's not true anymore and now we need to work as hard as previous generations did to regain that status.
      Nobody can hold the top spot forever. Once something reaches a peak, the come down is unavoidable. Like with empires, once they stop growing, they begin to break up. Although with the British empire for example, the actual attitude of people changed and they moved on without much complaint, compared to what it could have been.
      Provided in the future that America is still a good place to live, with the same urge for democracy and success, I don't think it will be a problem when other nations rise and overtake them in areas of finance or military. Might seem a long way off now, but it will happen. I'd still sooner live in America than China.

Comment

• The Chinese NAVY makes me

Comment

• Originally posted by Southpaw Stinger View Post
          Nobody can hold the top spot forever. Once something reaches a peak, the come down is unavoidable. Like with empires, once they stop growing, they begin to break up. Although with the British empire for example, the actual attitude of people changed and they moved on without much complaint, compared to what it could have been.
          Provided in the future that America is still a good place to live, with the same urge for democracy and success, I don't think it will be a problem when other nations rise and overtake them in areas of finance or military. Might seem a long way off now, but it will happen. I'd still sooner live in America than China.
          No doubt and I think we are witnessing the fall of America as a super power even though I think it's being exaggerated by people here who are motivated by hate and jealousy.

I have lived in many places outside the U.S and like I said, I wouldn't want to live many places other than here. It may not seem like a big deal to some but what is so impressive about the American people IMO is the way they treat each other, and the respect they have for the way they live.

Now that's not to say there are bad places here or that there aren't bad people but when I travel to other places in the world, I tend to find much more corruption, pollution and generally bad attitudes of the people who just don't care and have lost faith in their governments.

I used to work in the tourist industry for a long time and the one thing I would hear from people around the world and especially people from Europe was how nice Americans are and how hospitable they have been treated.

Comment

• There is a reason why America went into Iraq but is **** scared of North Korea.

North Korea is a baby compared to China.

Comment

• The amount of butthurt on page 1 is pretty hilarious.

Like it or not, and I'm not saying that I do, or don't, personally, but China will be numero uno by 2025 (or should I say 最為).

By the way, China has been buying American military technology via Israel for years. Look it up.

Comment

• Originally posted by shogunn View Post
                yawwwwn..

let me guess, you found that chart on an american website(not that you provided any sources anyway)

do you really think the chinese government releases their military spending? That graph is as legit as Floyd's claim to be a top 10 atg.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uns View Post
                  There is a reason why America went into Iraq but is **** scared of North Korea.

North Korea is a baby compared to China.
                  North Korea is crazy though, they'd do some crazy shit like nuke South Korea.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                    North Korea is crazy though, they'd do some crazy shit like nuke South Korea.
                    True but still, China is dodgy, and will blow up it's own people to win.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uns View Post
                      True but still, China is dodgy, and will blow up it's own people to win.
                      We have been rotating troops into active duty for like a decade. At this point I don't think anyone wants to mess with even our ground forces. They would be blasting through conscripted forces like an arcade shooter. You're looking at like 100:1 enemy losses:US losses since desert storm. Nobody can afford to go total war with those odds.

Comment

Working...
                      X