Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cheese Ball View Post
    what's up with the gay marriage thing?

stupid move imo.

he just energized the wacko religious who was lukeward towards the gop candidate.

bonehead move from barry imo.

what does he get out of it? gay support? the gays would have voted for him no matter what anyway.

he just energized the opposition (and you know how the crazy christians raise money) on a worthless position for no gain to himself.

Thing is, Biden basically forced Obama's hand by declaring his support of gay marriage earlier last week.

I don't see it hurting or helping Obama's chances, to be honest. MAYBE a few independents that were on the fence might swing either way (no ****).

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
      Thing is, Biden basically forced Obama's hand by declaring his support of gay marriage earlier last week.

I don't see it hurting or helping Obama's chances, to be honest. MAYBE a few independents that were on the fence might swing either way (no ****).
      i think it did.

it won't hurt/help him with dems.

but he just gave the republicans a HUUUUGE influx of money.

watch..... them crazy christians will raise a ton of money now.

Comment

what's up with the gay marriage thing?

stupid move imo.

he just energized the wacko religious who was lukeward towards the gop candidate.

bonehead move from barry imo.

what does he get out of it? gay support? the gays would have voted for him no matter what anyway.

he just energized the opposition (and you know how the crazy christians raise money) on a worthless position for no gain to himself.
        I think Biden, who is kinda like Sarah Palin with Alzheimer's (recently called Romney "President Romney" and called Obama "President Clinton,") saw himself being replaced by an Obama who is sliding in the polls and who doesn't look like he's going to get his billion dollar war chest. So he came out in favor of gay marriage and forced Barry's hand. It didn't hurt that Baracka had a 40 grand a plate fundraiser planned with activist hack George Clooney.

But you're right, it might backfire if it motivates the crowd that's not excited by the thought of a Mittens presidency to show up.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
          I think Biden, who is kinda like Sarah Palin with Alzheimer's, saw himself being replaced by an Obama who is sliding in the polls and who doesn't look like he's going to get his billion dollar war chest. So he came out in favor of gay marriage and forced Barry's hand. It didn't hurt that Baracka had a 40 grand a plate fundraiser planned with activist hack George Clooney.

But you're right, it might backfire if it motivates the crowd that's not excited by the thought of a Mittens presidency to show up.
          hasn't obama already raised THE MOST MONEY EVER though?

how much more money does he need?

how much does it cost to make "i killed bin laden" commercials?

Comment

i think it did.

it won't hurt/help him with dems.

but he just gave the republicans a HUUUUGE influx of money.

watch..... them crazy christians will raise a ton of money now.
            Meh, both will have probably 100's of millions in their respective war chests to run their campaigns, when it's all all said and done.

It will probably come down to the state of the Economy, in the end game.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
              Meh, both will have probably 100's of millions in their respective war chests to run their campaigns, when it's all all said and done.

It will probably come down to the state of the Economy, in the end game.
              romney actually has money issues.

he's not conservative enough , so he's had fundraising issues.

i think that'll change.

the religious lobby goes crazy over this gay marriage thing.

remember when they tried to do gay marriage proposition in california a while back?

the mormon church went crazy funding pretty much the vote no campaign by themselves.

Comment

hasn't obama already raised THE MOST MONEY EVER though?

how much more money does he need?

how much does it cost to make "i killed bin laden" commercials?
                Well he just added 15 million right after his announcement, but I know he was well behind what he thought he needed to make people forget about the abysmal "recovery," 5 trillion in additional debt (6 by the end of his term,) record number of people on food stamps, inflation, doubling of gas prices, etc, etc, etc.

I thought the Clinton Bin Laden commercial was absolutely hilarious, considering Bill's blown chances to get him himself.

Barry has to outspend Romney if he's going to beat him and Mittens has shown himself to be a fairly decent fundraiser, plus he has a few bucks himself. So I think that played a large part in his decision to come out of the closet.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
                  Well he just added 15 million right after his announcement, but I know he was well behind what he thought he needed to make people forget about the abysmal "recovery," 5 trillion in additional debt (6 by the end of his term,) record number of people on food stamps, inflation, doubling of gas prices, etc, etc, etc.

I thought the Clinton Bin Laden commercial was absolutely hilarious, considering Bill's blown chances to get him himself.

Barry has to outspend Romney if he's going to beat him and Mittens has shown himself to be a fairly decent fundraiser, plus he has a few bucks himself. So I think that played a large part in his decision to come out of the closet.
                  we should have tried to take out bin laden before bush was even in power.

the guy blew up a navy destroyer and world trade center (1st time)

of course , bill did nothing.

Comment

gotta hand it to obama though.

when he grabbed that colt m4 , jumped aboard that pavehawk helicopter.....

took guts.

so proud of our president for personally killing bin laden.

Comment

romney actually has money issues.

he's not conservative enough , so he's had fundraising issues.

i think that'll change.

the religious lobby goes crazy over this gay marriage thing.

remember when they tried to do gay marriage proposition in california a while back?

the mormon church went crazy funding pretty much the vote no campaign by themselves.
                      I remember the whole Prop 8 deal. I saw something that was seared into my brain during the time it was an issue.

I was delivering a shipment out in Lincoln, about 30 miles outside of Sacramento. Stopped at a red light, and there was a gathering of I'd say 80-100 people with anti gay signs. There was a girl, couldn't have been no more then 7, holding a sign that read "All f@ggots shall burn in hell. Vote yes on Prop 8."

I thought had been warped to 1960's Mississippi for a second.

Comment

Working...
                      X