No announcement yet.

Obama endorses same-sex marriage

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Omega-Red View Post
    Too foolish not to cause an uprising among religious Conservatives in a campaign where the left is not even excited about him, and where now that lack of excitement will be added to by this decision among his religious supporters.
    To be honest, it really doesn't matter in my mind. Both will make promises they can't keep, both will be in the pockets of the ultra rich.

All I can continue to do is work, provide for people that count on me, and hope neither one totally screws the pooch.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
      Since we don't require an ID to vote, I don't even know why we bother with elections anymore.
      because Electoral fraud is a normal thing in this country

Comment

LOL

"Obama Says He Is Against Same-Sex Marriage But Also Against Ending Its Practice In Calif."

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...bama-on-mtv-i/

Comment

Well he just lost me there

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus Sully View Post
            i feel that same sex marriages should be state approved. i also feel that it is the churches right to deny people who want to have a same sex marriage at said church.

freedom of religion.
            This ****s me off. Like religion should just get a pass on equality. Why? As it's what they believe? Tradition? Or the church has to much political sway to be ****ed with? One rule for all. Just because it goes against a particular religious belief shouldn't mean the church get a pass IMO. It's time religion adapted and moved with the times.

Comment

Originally posted by Fish_Scotland View Post
              This ****s me off. Like religion should just get a pass on equality. Why? As it's what they believe? Tradition? Or the church has to much political sway to be ****ed with? One rule for all. Just because it goes against a particular religious belief shouldn't mean the church get a pass IMO. It's time religion adapted and moved with the times.
              I disagree with this, if Churches, Mosques or Temples want to teach a certain theology, that's fine and yes even if it's anti-gay. Just like people should have the right to belong to all male or female clubs and even racist organizations.

I'm with you but in a democracy we have to give people their right to assemble and believe in what they want. We don't have a right though to deny people their equal right to marry or do whatever they want to do as long as it's within the law. We also can't force churches or certain religions to engage in things that are contrary to their beliefs.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                I disagree with this, if Churches, Mosques or Temples want to teach a certain theology, that's fine and yes even if it's anti-gay. Just like people should have the right to belong to all male or female clubs and even racist organizations.

I'm with you but in a democracy we have to give people their right to assemble and believe in what they want. We don't have a right though to deny people their equal right to marry or do whatever they want to do as long as it's within the law. We also can't force churches or certain religions to engage in things that are contrary to their beliefs.
                That is confirmation that organized religion is horse **** because anything that represents hatred towards something is not the will of a loving and all powerful god. But yes churches should have the right to preach what they want in the realm of their own premises.
                Last edited by Unknown Champ; 05-10-2012, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Unknown Champ View Post
                  That is confirmation that organized religion is horse **** because anything that represents hatred towards something is not the will of a loving and all powerful god . But yes churches should have the right to preach what they want in the realm of their own premises.
                  Actually this argument is "horse ****" since it takes a distortion of a particular position as a premise.

Does religion hate fornicators as well? is it possible to teach that you believe that something is wrong without teaching "hate"?

Comment

Obama prolly browses his local craigslist tranny ads all the time that fruit booty son of a bitch tricking us all into believing he was a thug

Comment

Originally posted by Unknown Champ View Post
                      That is confirmation that organized religion is horse **** because anything that represents hatred towards something is not the will of a loving and all powerful god. But yes churches should have the right to preach what they want in the realm of their own premises.
                      Loving? lol

"The glory of Israel will fly away like a bird, for your children will die at birth or perish in the womb or never even be conceived. Even if your children do survive to grow up, I will take them from you. It will be a terrible day when I turn away and leave you alone. I have watched Israel become as beautiful and pleasant as Tyre. But now Israel will bring out her children to be slaughtered." O LORD, what should I request for your people? I will ask for wombs that don't give birth and breasts that give no milk. The LORD says, "All their wickedness began at Gilgal; there I began to hate them. I will drive them from my land because of their evil actions. I will love them no more because all their leaders are rebels. The people of Israel are stricken. Their roots are dried up; they will bear no more fruit. And if they give birth, I will slaughter their beloved children." (Hosea 9:11-16 NLT)

Comment

Working...
                      X