No announcement yet.

Obama endorses same-sex marriage

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Casual_Fan View Post
    I also think that, but I don't know if this is a smart political move.

If anything, it will consolidate the religious right with Romney.
    You say that like they were ever going to vote for Obama. They are called the religious right for a reason.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
      You say that like they were ever going to vote for Obama. They are called the religious right for a reason.
      That's not what I meant.

Romney was not their "leader", either. It was Santorum. If anything, politically, those who doubted Romney's leadership within that group will most likely vote for him - regardless of what they think about him - just to stand against Obama.

Comment

President got bold.

“At a certain point, I’ve just concluded that for me personally it is important for me to go ahead and affirm that I think same-sex couples should be able to get married,” Mr. Obama told ABC News in an interview that came after the president faced mounting pressure to clarify his position.

I think it's about time. I don't really care what other people do in bed as long as they are consenting adults.

What's your take?
        i feel that same sex marriages should be state approved. i also feel that it is the churches right to deny people who want to have a same sex marriage at said church.

freedom of religion.

Comment

That's not what I meant.

Romney was not their "leader", either. It was Santorum. If anything, politically, those who doubted Romney's leadership within that group will most likely vote for him - regardless of what they think about him - just to stand against Obama.
          Which only further illustrates the expanding gap between actual beliefs and party politics as usual, and only serves to alienate the independent vote.

It's tragicly comic the way these guys tear each other apart personally and politically during the primaries, only to have them all unite like the "Power Rangers" at the end and stand behind whoever gets the party nomination. Why? Well, because he's "one of us."

Really? And all those differences you had with him on foreign policy, federal spending, and a slew of other issues during the primaries meant nothing? It all gets swept under the rug now because he's not Obama?

Democrats do the same ****, mind you. Politics are quite clearly a ****ing joke to anybody with the sense enough to pay attention to it.

Comment

what me worry?

da fugg do i care if pugly and led get married.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
              Which only further illustrates the expanding gap between actual beliefs and party politics as usual, and only serves to alienate the independent vote.

It's tragicly comic the way these guys tear each other apart personally and politically during the primaries, only to have them all unite like the "Power Rangers" at the end and stand behind whoever gets the party nomination. Why? Well, because he's "one of us."

Really? And all those differences you had with him on foreign policy, federal spending, and a slew of other issues during the primaries meant nothing? It all gets swept under the rug now because he's not Obama?

Democrats do the same ****, mind you. Politics are quite clearly a ****ing joke to anybody with the sense enough to pay attention to it.
              I don't mind that at all because when you think about it, who are they supposed to endorse? Definitely not the candidate from the Democratic side..

I think it's about fukin time Obama steps up and endorses same sex marriage, he did so when he was Senator and now he's finally grown a pair and spoke out publicly.

I don't know how much it will hurt him in the election because those to the right weren't going to vote for him anyway. It's all about the independents and how they will react to this.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                I don't mind that at all because when you think about it, who are they supposed to endorse? Definitely not the candidate from the Democratic side..

I think it's about fukin time Obama steps up and endorses same sex marriage, he did so when he was Senator and now he's finally grown a pair and spoke out publicly.

I don't know how much it will hurt him in the election because those to the right weren't going to vote for him anyway. It's all about the independents and how they will react to this.
                They're not supposed to endorse anybody if they do not agree with them politically. It makes 0 sense to me for someone to campaign on their own set of issues throughout the primaries, while spending millions of dollars in campaign contributions from supporters, only to turn around when they lose, and endorse someone they disagree with politically on MAJOR issues, just because they're a "party player."

Comment

Biden basically forced his hand by saying he endorses same sex marriage earlier this week.

I don't see it really hurting or helping him come November.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                    They're not supposed to endorse anybody if they do not agree with them politically. It makes 0 sense to me for someone to campaign on their own set of issues throughout the primaries, while spending millions of dollars in campaign contributions from supporters, only to turn around when they lose, and endorse someone they disagree with politically on MAJOR issues, just because they're a "party player."
                    They do agree with them politically just not about everything. They can argue between themselves but they are still much farther away in their political stances to Obama and they don't want to see him re-elected. So they endorse each other to sway their followers to add votes to Romney.

It makes perfect sense and it's the way politics is played.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus Sully View Post
                      i feel that same sex marriages should be state approved. i also feel that it is the churches right to deny people who want to have a same sex marriage at said church.

freedom of religion.
                      It should be a federal law that allows ****sexuals to have the same rights we all want to do.

It's like saying that racial discrimination should be left to the state. It's morally wrong to deny people the same rights because of their sexual preference, the same way it's morally wrong to discriminate because of color, religion or creed.

****sexual rights is the last frontier and it's amazing to me the rationalization that people make up to make it seem as though it's not what it really is, bigotry.

I don't think churches or other private establishments should be forced to do anything but if gays want to legally marry, I haven't heard one good argument of why they shouldn't be allowed to.

Comment

Working...
                      X