Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biggie is not a great or one of the greatest ever. That' a slap to 2 Pac's face.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Omega-Red View Post
    Wait a minute I have yet to hear an CLEAR explanation for Pac's greatness PERIOD. "He influenced people" "he impacted the world" "he makes me feel like blah blah blah" none of that crap is an actual artistic reason, it just a bunch of generality.

WHAT WAS HIS TALENT IN CLEAR LANGUAGE?

He was a mediocre lyricist. He was deep? lol Give me an example. All of songs say the same freaking thing "The system is screwing me as a young Black youth so I'll just be a thug". Nothing wrong with all of your songs saying the same thing if you're creative about the way you say it.

Biggie put an entire coast back on the map when people thought it was finished. Pac didn't do that for the West Coast, Dre did.

Pac's career was held up by all kinds of controversy and antics outside of his music: like Rape and repeated assault charges etc. that bolstered his image as a "thug" and a "bad boy". Biggie didn't bring that, he just came with his music.
    You sound like you hate 2pac.

Comment

• You could argue this for days. It's like arguing who is better out of Pacino and Deniro.

Eminem is better than both IMO. They are Pacino and Deniro, and Em is Dustin Hoffman.

Comment

• As far as flow goes, Biggie wins hands down. If you've ever seen him live you'd see that his style is like some kind of jazz swinger.. Pac's most prevalent talent was his content, he poured his heart and soul into his songs, talking about subjects as a poet that hit close to home. I think a lot of people get caught up in him being a better person than Biggie which makes them biased. You want the good guy to be the best, everyone does. But the fact is that as far as hip hop goes, saying that Biggie isn't even an ATG? Fu.k outta here, that's pure ignorance. He was about what was around him, his lyrics were about doing dirt and he was one of the greatest at painting a picture of that in your mind.

It's hip hop, those of us from where it originated will always prefer the grime, it's just what it's about to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big BRICKS View Post
          As far as flow goes, Biggie wins hands down. If you've ever seen him live you'd see that his style is like some kind of jazz swinger.. Pac's most prevalent talent was his content, he poured his heart and soul into his songs, talking about subjects as a poet that hit close to home. I think a lot of people get caught up in him being a better person than Biggie which makes them biased. You want the good guy to be the best, everyone does. But the fact is that as far as hip hop goes, saying that Biggie isn't even an ATG? Fu.k outta here, that's pure ignorance. He was about what was around him, his lyrics were about doing dirt and he was one of the greatest at painting a picture of that in your mind.

It's hip hop, those of us from where it originated will always prefer the grime, it's just what it's about to me.
          2pac did pour his heart into his rhymes. That's a big reason why Biggie isn't great to me.

Comment

• The blasphemy of this thread. The bashing of one of the greatest to ever exist in the Notorious B.I.G. Let's put it this way, he only came out with two albums right? It's 2012, his last album was in 1997 and YOU are making a thread about HIM. I can pop in his album righ now, put it on blast in the street and everyone would bump with the tunes, everlasting music. Longevity of his craft is what makes him and Pac two of the greatest to ever do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Versastyle View Post
              Haha. LL went that R&B route and couldn't ever recover. Speaking of Scarface...there's this song I've been looking for for YEARS, its's a song with him and a beat that is a baby sound or sounds like it. I heard it and had it on a Texas Finest cd in '01 that was Chopped and Screwed. Help would be much appreciated.:realhappy:
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9XFl_zXD6Y

^is that the one?

Comment

• Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
                The blasphemy of this thread. The bashing of one of the greatest to ever exist in the Notorious B.I.G. Let's put it this way, he only came out with two albums right? It's 2012, his last album was in 1997 and YOU are making a thread about HIM. I can pop in his album righ now, put it on blast in the street and everyone would bump with the tunes, everlasting music. Longevity of his craft is what makes him and Pac two of the greatest to ever do it.
                See, I never said he wasn't good or that I didn't like him. 90% of you guys in this thread act like I said I couldn't stand the dude or his God awful music.
                All I said, is that he's not a great. Y'all acting like I killed him. Haha

Comment

• Originally posted by MetalVomit View Post
                  Is this Godzhand? Or however you used to spell it?

I love you so damn much!!!!!!! Yeah this is it!!!! Chief, you should be ashamed.

Comment

He was a good lyricist and died during his mid-prime of coming up. To put a guy with 2 albums as one of the greatest ever is crazy.

And to put him with 2Pac is like shytting on Pac's grave. Pac did quadruple more than Biggie, as in solid lyrical I'd give it to Biggie, substance I'd give to Pac, meaning I'd give to Pac. message I'd give to Pac. And Pac did 6 albums. I think people caught Biggie on a huge come up in that world wind. Bad Boy was makin' it and the hype went along to eternity.
                    I agree that Pac is greater than Biggie, but the reason why Biggie is held in such high regard with only two albums is because most hip hop these days is straight up garbage. It's a relative thing. Biggie did more in two albums than 99% of rappers accomplish in their entire lives.

I can listen to Biggie's albums and not skip any tracks, that's how good his music is. Pac was just on another level, he had quality and quantity.

On a side note, I miss older hip hop, back when rappers actually stood for something and had lyrical skill. Not like these corporate studio gangtas we have nowadays. Current hip hop is just as bad as the current rock scene, at least mainstream.

Comment

Is this Godzhand? Or however you used to spell it?

I love you so damn much!!!!!!! Yeah this is it!!!! Chief, you should be ashamed.
                      Of course, who else?

Comment

Working...
                      X