No announcement yet.

NBC: George Zimmerman to be charged in Trayvon Martin case

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
    Simple questions: Why did Zimmerman get out of his truck and follow TM in the first place? Why did Zimmerman assume Martin was "getting away with something?" Why did Zimmerman assume he had a weapon? Until those questions are answered the rest of what you posted is spin and diversionary tactics.
    "Why did Zimmerman assume Martin was "getting away with something?"

Maybe in past instances he had stayed in the vehicle and later learned that a crime was commited and the person got away cause he did not maintain visual contact with them while calling 911?

"Why did Zimmerman assume he had a weapon?"

No clue. In court this morning he stated that he didnt know if he did or not. Seems like a safe assumption to me. You never know if someone is armed. Gun, knife, who knows...

Simple answer: I DONT KNOW. Im not gonna pretend to either.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kenny MF Powers View Post
      Past doesnt matter... Ask Joseph. Ridiculous I know.

Do you have a link about this 911 call? This is not something I have seen.

Edit: If you plan to pass it off as fact, I would recommend a credible source as well. Not a race fueled blog...
      I didn't say it didn't matter. I said I had not mentioned it. Yet.

Comment

So in other words, he was following him. Thanks for proving my point.
        No **** at one point he was following. That was admitted on the 911 call and is visible in the transcript. Im missing your point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vilicious86 View Post
          That phone call gives the impression that Zimmerman doesn't like confrontation. He tells the operator he doesn't want to approach the person.

Comment

"Why did Zimmerman assume Martin was "getting away with something?"

Maybe in past instances he had stayed in the vehicle and later learned that a crime was commited and the person got away cause he did not maintain visual contact with them while calling 911?

"Why did Zimmerman assume he had a weapon?"

No clue. In court this morning he stated that he didnt know if he did or not. Seems like a safe assumption to me. You never know if someone is armed. Gun, knife, who knows...

Simple answer: I DONT KNOW. Im not gonna pretend to either.

He's not a police officer. He's a citizen who is not authorized to follow or question people. And any person has a right to feel threatened if a stranger does this to them. Especially at that time of night.

According to Zimmerman, he was on his way to the grocery store.The fact that he didn't stay in his truck and mind his own damn business is why he is going to do hard time.

As a citizen, owning a license to carry a gun does not give you the right to follow people, fight them, and shoot them. If you do, you should pay for it like any other criminal. And he will.

Comment

• Originally posted by Own3d View Post
              That phone call gives the impression that Zimmerman doesn't like confrontation. He tells the operator he doesn't want to approach the person.
              Youre wrong. Hes a vicious racist killer. Thats why he calls the cops so much... Its because he such a hardass that he would rather confront everyone than involve the police.

Comment

Simple questions: " Until those questions are answered the rest of what you posted is spin and diversionary tactics.
                Why did Zimmerman get out of his truck and follow TM in the first place?
                He was following / chasing TM. He shouldn't have done so.

Why did Zimmerman assume Martin was "getting away with something?
                The neighborhood had a string of recent robberies, TM fit the description. GZ was neighborhood watch captain. His duty was to watch, not to chase. He was wrong for chasing.

Why did Zimmerman assume he had a weapon?
                Did he? It's not relevant because its undisputed that the weapon was used after TM after TM smashed GZ's head into the sidewalk.

My questions to you:
                (1) Why did the killing happen where and when it did if GZ lost sight of TM where he did and TM's destination was where it was?
                (2) Why did GZ stop chasing TM and walk back toward his truck?
                (3) What does it imply when GZ had the wounds in the pictures and TM had gun powder on his clothes?
                (4) Why didn't TM continue to his destination, which he would have arrived to safely according to the map?
                (5) Can GZ be the aggressor if he gave up the chase and TM turned around and confronted GZ when he was walking away from TM and TM's destination? I will answer this one, under every legal and social policy rational, absolutely not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Own3d View Post
                  He probably didn't have his gun on him.

Comment

He's not a police officer. He's a citizen who is not authorized to follow or question people. And any person has a right to feel threatened if a stranger does this to them. Especially at that time of night.

According to Zimmerman, he was on his way to the grocery store.The fact that he didn't stay in his truck and mind his own damn business is why he is going to do hard time.

As a citizen, owning a license to carry a gun does not give you the right to follow people, fight them, and shoot them. If you do, you pay. And he will.
                    Youre wrong. There is nothing illegal about watching someone or following them, and if someone does that doesnt give them the right to bash your head in or initiate a violent confrontation.

Anyone is authorized to ask anyone questions. Its the individuals choice to answer them.

What time of night? 7 something? Oh yeah, dangerously late in a gated community...

I will be amazed if he gets convicted with whats known now. If they want to get him on anything they better be holding back some real damning info. If thats the case and he did do wrong, I will be first in line to say **** you Zimmerman.

Comment

Youre wrong. There is nothing illegal about watching someone or following them, and if someone does that doesnt give them the right to bash your head in or initiate a violent confrontation.

Anyone is authorized to ask anyone questions. Its the individuals choice to answer them.

What time of night? 7 something? Oh yeah, dangerously late in a gated community...

I will be amazed if he gets convicted with whats known now. If they want to get him on anything they better be holding back some real damning info. If thats the case and he did do wrong, I will be first in line to say **** you Zimmerman.

I didn't say it was illegal. I said it was stupid, wrong, and he doesn't have any authority backing him up with this. If a police officer does this it's a totally different situation. I don't know how you can believe it's the same thing. And again,you're assuming Zimmerman didn't start this, ignoring the fact that he was the one doing the following. If you were wondering what my point was, that's it.

And if you think it's ok to do this, why don't you try following and questioning random strangers at night in the same way Zimmerman did and see what type of responses you get.
                      Last edited by joseph5620; 04-20-2012, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X