Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trayvon Martin Shooting: Voice Experts Claim Teen's Cries, Not Zimmerman's, Can Be He

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hous View Post
    Assuming this is the same article I just read on the Huffington Post, I will leave this here:

Very interesting. Very flawed. Very typical reporting.

By no means is this a "home run." The first report, simply tells you its unlikely that it is GZ; it tells us nothing about it being TM. The way the article was written is very typical for this case as it rightfully expects its readers to make inferences to reach an unfounded conclusion. Surely if they would run test on GZ's voice they would also run test of TM's. That logically follows from the scientific method, no it's demanded of it. I wonder why that analysis was omitted from the presentation.

Regarding the second report, there is nothing scientific about relying on ones tone in an agitated state to conclude that was the voice of a young man screaming. That's the first level of scientific theory, the hypothesis. A hypothesis is inherently not a scientific finding; rather it is the starting point of trials that must be taken to reach a conclusion.

I actually do believe that it is GZ screaming. I think he TM was hitting him, however my suspicion is that he instigated it and therefore cannot claim self-defense.

/Thread.
    [/QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingtech718v2 View Post
      "I took all of the screams and put those together, and cut out everything else," Owen says. The software compared that audio to Zimmerman's voice. It returned a 48 percent match. Owen said to reach a positive match with audio of this quality, he'd expect higher than 90 percent.

"As a result of that, you can say with reasonable scientific certainty that it's not Zimmerman," Owen says, stressing that he cannot confirm the voice as Trayvon's, because he didn't have a sample of the teen's voice to compare.

Another analyst came to a similar conclusion using different technology."

LOL nice try Pepe !
      "stressing that he cannot confirm the voice as Trayvon"

Yeah....nice try....

Comment

[/QUOTE]

I know, reality is just too harsh. Best for you to avoid it.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by dj Pepe View Post
              "stressing that he cannot confirm the voice as Trayvon"

Yeah....nice try....
              I think when we know the voice is definitely not GZ's it is not hard to guess who it belongs too then.
              I'm not even going to keep pwning you.

Comment

Ill go with the business man over little tupac.

Comment

I think when we know the voice is definitely not GZ's it is not hard to guess who it belongs too then.
                  I'm not even going to keep pwning you.
                  You base this off a person that can't confirm who the voice belongs to.

You're not "pwning" anyone here. You claiming it's not Zimmerman's voice when the "voice expert" said he can't say who the voice belongs to.

About 50% of the voice belongs to Zimmerman. You guys say "OMG YOU CAN HEAR A BOY'S VOICE ASHJHGLUYHJ ZIMMERMAN IS A MONSTER!!"

If it was so obviously a "boy's" voice, wouldn't it say the voice match is 0% to Zimmerman? The fact it matches Zimmermans voice over 5% says a lot.

But it's cool, you can keep thinking unsure opinions are facts. I'll just keep posting the real facts.

Comment

Originally posted by el malo View Post

Before George Zimmerman shot Trayvon Martin on February 26, a 911 call recorded the voice of someone screaming. Whether that person was Martin or Zimmerman, who police say claimed he was attacked by Martin before the fatal incident, has been an open question since the calls were released by the Sanford, Florida police department. (WARNING: Above audio is disturbing.)

The Orlando Sentinel consulted two voice experts to try to settle the debate, and both came to the same conclusion: The cries could not have come from George Zimmerman.

One expert, Tom Owen, used voice identification software to rule out Zimmerman as the source. From theSentinel :

"I took all of the screams and put those together, and cut out everything else," Owen says. The software compared that audio to Zimmerman's voice. It returned a 48 percent match. Owen said to reach a positive match with audio of this quality, he'd expect higher than 90 percent.

"As a result of that, you can say with reasonable scientific certainty that it's not Zimmerman," Owen says, stressing that he cannot confirm the voice as Trayvon's, because he didn't have a sample of the teen's voice to compare.

Another analyst came to a similar conclusion using different technology.

The voice analysis is the latest piece of information to cast doubt on the narrative, advanced by Zimmerman and his family , that the Neighborhood Watch volunteer was attacked by 17-year-old Travyon Martin. A police video this week showed no blood or bruises on Zimmerman in the aftermath of the incident, while Martin's funeral director said he saw no signs of a struggle on the teen's body.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobile..._front_top_art
                    The expert did not say that 50 percent of the voice belonged to anybody. Learn how to comprehend what you read lol.
                    Keep posting nonsense dude, you keep doing whatever you want it's a free country. Who am I to stop you from making an idiot of yourself? Carry on lol.

Let me give you a little hint: Match and belong are not synonyms.

I'm wondering if you are really serious or just trolling.

Originally posted by dj Pepe View Post
                    You base this off a person that can't confirm who the voice belongs to.
                    You're not "pwning" anyone here. You claiming it's not Zimmerman's voice when the "voice expert" said he can't say who the voice belongs to.
                    About 50% of the voice belongs to Zimmerman. You guys say "OMG YOU CAN HEAR A BOY'S VOICE ASHJHGLUYHJ ZIMMERMAN IS A MONSTER!!"
                    If it was so obviously a "boy's" voice, wouldn't it say the voice match is 0% to Zimmerman? The fact it matches Zimmermans voice over 5% says a lot.
                    But it's cool, you can keep thinking unsure opinions are facts. I'll just keep posting the real facts.
                    Last edited by Boxingtech718v2; 04-01-2012, 12:12 PM.

Comment

The expert did not say that 50 percent of the voice belonged to anybody. Learn how to comprehend what you read lol.
                      Keep posting nonsense dude, you keep doing whatever you want it's a free country. Who am I to stop you from making an idiot of yourself? Carry on lol.
                      Learn how to highlight.

"It returned a 48 percent match. Owen said to reach a positive match with audio of this quality, he'd expect higher than 90 percent."

Sorry, I was 2% off. How silly of me.

Look at the 2nd bold, he expected a higher match. Guess what? He was fucking wrong.

Comment

Working...
                      X