Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the best defensive player in the NBA?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this a serious question?

Dwight Howard.

Comment

Originally posted by Even Money View Post

Dwight Howard.
      Obviously there's differing opinions.

Comment

Dwight Howard.
        Great defender, but karate chopping balls into the stands doesn't necessarily make you the best defensive player.

Tyson Chandler turned a horrific defensive team into a really good defensive team.

LeBron locked down the MVP last year and just snuffed him out.

Iguodala is the captain of the best defense in the league

Watch more than just sports' center.

Comment

Shawn Marion. This guy defends 4 positions and locks down the other teams best players. for expletive in his 2 games vs la, he held Kobe to 14ppg. In their last meeting without Marion, Kobe torched Dallas for 30 something points and made it look easy. Marion wont get it, but he's a hell of a,defender.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
            Great defender, but karate chopping balls into the stands doesn't necessarily make you the best defensive player.

Tyson Chandler turned a horrific defensive team into a really good defensive team.

I'll cosign TC. He was the main reason Dallas was so tough defensively last season. His stats aren't great but on the defensive end there ain't much better at the 5 than Chandler

Comment

Dwight Howard is the best defendsive player in the league. Without Dwight terrorizing the paint, the Magic are one of the worst defenses in the league. His athleticism, size, and timing cover the weaknesses of the below average Orlando defenders. He prevents players from getting or wanting to get to the rim either through blocking or altering shots at the rim or intimidation (by reducing the other team to jump shooting). He isn't as good on the ball, but that isn't saying much given how good he is off of it.

Shawn Marion's been mentioned for good reason because he really has been one of the best defenders in the league. His playoff run was overlooked, but he's a big reason why the Mavericks were able to sweep LA and go 4-1 against the Thunder.

Comment

Lebron is the clear #1. He's a great on ball and off ball defender.

honorable mention: Tony Allen, Dwight Howard, Kevin Durant.

Comment

Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
                  Lebron James

Dewayne Wade

Joel Anthony
                  might as well include all the roster..

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post

Really... what sports show told you that chandler and iguodala is better than Dwight Howard?

Dwight howard is almost single handedly the magic's ENTIRE defense.

The paint is Howard's domain, and nobody in the nba right now can challenge the king in his domain. He is the single most dominant center I have seen since shaq

and I dont even watch sportscenter because i work evenings

Iguodala: Averages 6 RPG and 0.4 BPG http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/2386/andre-iguodala

Chandler: 9 RPG and 1.5 BPG http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/984/tyson-chandler

Lebron: 9 RPG and 1 BPG http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/1966/lebron-james

Dwight Howard: 14 RPG 2.5 BPG http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/2384/dwight-howard

Numbers don't lie.
                    Last edited by DARKSEID; 03-27-2012, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Really... what sports show told you that chandler and iguodala is better than Dwight Howard?

Dwight howard is almost single handedly the magic's ENTIRE defense.

The paint is Howard's domain, and nobody in the nba right now can challenge the king in his domain. He is the single most dominant center I have seen since shaq

and I dont even watch sportscenter because i work evenings
                      The Knicks went from giving up like 105 a game last year to like 93. The difference? Tyson Chandler. I don't watch sports shows. I watch sports.

Dwight Howard is a great defender. If I had to pick one guy to d up any center, I would pick Howard. But Chandler has had the most defensive impact for his team this year. Do you see what I'm saying? Same with Iguodala. His own individual impact might not be as much as Howard volleyball spiking balls through the floor, but he (along with Collins) has established a culture of defensive responsibility. If you watch Chandler on the floor, he's like a drill sergeant. He literally barks orders at guys on defense and even supposed "me-first" guys like Melo hop to, no questions asked.

Comment

Working...
                      X