Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there anything more redundant and useless than a degree in Theology?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd say something about him too, but I'm afraid he'd say I look like Charlie Z again for the eleventy-billionth time.

I'm scurred.

Comment

• Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
      My point is that theologists don't do shit for Africans either. I'm not telling you my job, but I work with Canadians in need of help.

He's paid by some presumably religious organisation to proselytize to people who need actual physical help. Charity is preferable to someone who earns a living selling myths to the needy.

Good is good, though, Piggy. . . It's not like they when Columbus, and other early explorers forced the natives to convert - while doing nothing but fugging and taking away. . . They provide food. . Teach them/provide them education. . Build shelters, schools, etc. .

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
        I'd say something about him too, but I'm afraid he'd say I look like Charlie Z again for the eleventy-billionth time.

I'm scurred.
        PMing you a tit pic to ease your suffering

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
          I'd say something about him too, but I'm afraid he'd say I look like Charlie Z again for the eleventy-billionth time.

I'm scurred.
          Who, me?

Comment

• Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
            Good is good, though, Piggy. . . It's not like they when Columbus, and other early explorers forced the natives to convert - while doing nothing but fugging and taking away. . . They provide food. . Teach them/provide them education. . Build shelters, schools, etc. .
            And then tell them that to avail themselves of these things that the mighty white man brought they must embrace the white man's religion.

Comment

• i know this is way out from left field but can someone tell me the name of the guy that kidnapped kids its like a documentary there was a thread about it not too long ago some help please

not kony this guy appeared on pictures of kids then they mysteriously disappeared

Comment

Senegal has rampant poverty and the country is in need of medical care and clean water. They may not be in a famine situation but they are certainly not safe from privation.

The Senegalese already have religion. The fact that these christians think that they need to be introduced to the "true" religion in order to learn "love, trust, respect and peace" is one more aspect I find objectionable. How very Victorian.

People show up with clean water and medicine and bibles and say "you can choose our religion. No really, it's up to you."
                nothing is free, one hand washes the other.

Comment

And then tell them that to avail themselves of these things that the mighty white man brought they must embrace the white man's religion.

Well, there are a lot of other races who are missionaries. . .

I don't think it's quite like that - they teach them, but it's not like if they refuse to be "converted" they will stop helping them and take away what they have given, and built. . .

It's just kind of hard to find negatively in selfless acts like this. . .

Comment

• Originally posted by Grand Champ View Post
                    Who, me?
                    No, not you, Jimmy Pop.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kingdelboxeo View Post
                      i know this is way out from left field but can someone tell me the name of the guy that kidnapped kids its like a documentary there was a thread about it not too long ago some help please

not kony this guy appeared on pictures of kids then they mysteriously disappeared
                      Joseph Kony. "KONY 2012"

Comment

Working...
                      X