Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there anything more redundant and useless than a degree in Theology?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
    Nah, that's strike 2.

Lol so I still have another swing before ban?

Comment

No.

You get 2 1/2 strikes.

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
        No.

You get 2 1/2 strikes.

that's still another swing? half swing is a swing nonetheless!

Comment

come on man! it was just a little banter between me and J squared. . . i apologized and stopped before it got out of hand. . . it was all funny! if it was so bad, why did you co-sign and laugh? there is firing up on this scale all over the lounge? let it ride! no need to bust out "the ban stick" on ya boy!

Comment

You sound concerned

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus Sully View Post
              so? i answered your question.

do you have any more questions or do you just want to continue to ridicule religion?
              When people are starving and dying for lack of basic medical care and clean water what help is a theology degree?

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                When people are starving and dying for lack of basic medical care and clean water what help is a theology degree?
                what are you doing to help these people?

atleast religion teaches peace love and respect, thats alot more then your yearly 5$ donation does.

your comparining a chatrity to a job, you are failing on so many lvls.

for my job i work night shift with computers, whats your job? what does your job do to help the starving people in africa? do you not hold your self to the same standards as my friend with the theology degree, or because he deals with religion you automatically assume he should be an infinatly better person then you?
                Last edited by Spartacus Sully; 03-08-2012, 12:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                  Because the only thing I can think of that's equally as mind-numbing is having a degree in "Women's Studies".

Maybe.
                  there is no wealth greater than knowledge and no poverty greater than ignorance

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus Sully View Post

atleast religion teaches peace love and respect, thats alot more then your yearly 5$ donation does.

for my job i work night shift with computers, whats your job? what does your job do to help the starving people in africa? do you not hold your self to the same standards as my friend with the theology degree, or because he deals with religion you automatically assume he should be an infinatly better person then you?
                    This is a good point. I'm just a simple electrician and laid-off elevator mechanic but reading theological texts and things on the other side of the coin, like Paine's Age of Reason has enriched me in ways that words can't describe

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartacus Sully View Post

Im inclined to agree with Sully on this one. . .

A lot of people with theology degree (since that's the topic of the thread), like Sir Sullicus's friend or just religious people in general do A LOT of good. They devote their entire lives to helping others. . . Even if we may believe the foundation of these teachings of peace and love is misplaced, it's still making a difference by helping others. . .

Comment

Working...
                      X