Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Left Apple IOS and came back to Android. (My reasons why)----->>

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gimmicky? You have low end android phones on the ****tiest network and you're blaming Android for your experience?

Yeah, it would be nice if Android could guarantee a consistent experience, hmmm, if only there was a company that could...
    • The ability to completely interchange softwares on your phone is "gimmicky" ?

Sure, what the **** do I want to do that for? Even back in the day when you didnt know what an Android was this was pointless. Id prefer to have something that works well enought that I domt want or need to change...
    • The ability to overclock and underclock your phone is "gimmicky" ?

Another gimmick, why the **** do I care about this? I have no need for this. It should work well out of the box without me having to tweak the **** out of it to get a positive experience...
    • The customization ability you have on android is "gimmicky" ?

Another thing that really doesnt matter to me. ios os slick easy to use, intuitive as is. Again, i dont want or need to have to do the devs/designers jobs cause they failed to make a good product out of the box...
    • Widgets are a "gimmick" ?

I dont really use them. Most are just glorified shortcuts.
    • Being able to swap out batteries instead of being stuck next to a wall for 3 hours is "gimmicky"?

Having good battery life is what I prefer. I charge my phone at night. It should be able to last all day, the **** I want extra batteries for? **** reminds me of Game Gear back in the day. **** batteries.
    • Being able to enjoy FULL web browsing with flash is a "gimmick" ?

I cant knock this really. Its a nice thing to have. I rarely need it though. I only do light browsing on my phone and most sites are mobile. The nes that arent look like **** on the small phone screens and dont render right if zoomed.
    • Micro SD cards are "gimmicks" ?

Removable media is nice. Fragmenting, mounting, having to reinsert randomly, and other issues ive experienced are not.
    • twitter and facebook integration are "gimicks" ?

What integration? The fb app..?
    • Being able to change keyboards and use a keyboard like swype is a "gimmick"?

Same as before, just give me one that works in the first place.
    • Free google integrated turn by turn navigation is a gimmick ?

My battery doesnt like it.
    • Ability to control your smart phone from your computer is a gimmick?

Why do I want to do this?
    • NOt having your phone controlled by itunes is a gimmick?

I like itunes.
    • being able to upgrade your os in 15 minutes over the air instead of plugging it into itunes for 4 hours and it erasing everything is a gimmick?

Having a full back up, peace of mind etc is worth the extra time. Which is typically less than an hour, and thats if you sit and wait for the update to download. It can be dowloaded without installing...
    • Super AMOLED display is a gimmick?

Not any better than the retina to my eyes.

you want gimmick?

a "smart phone" that doesnt send or receive mms messages
    a "smart phone" that didn't record video, or cut and past, or have voice dial

Gimmick is advertising the hell out of an app like siri that you didn't create you only purchased from the people that created it and passing it off as something ground breaking while the apple sheep have no idea voice control has been around for years.

Personally when I review a product I judge it based on what it does and how well it does it. Not on what it doesnt do. Unfortunately for the Android, the iphone does everything better in my opinion.

Even more than all that though, the way you try to talk down to people, and be just a general douchelord makes me play devils advocate at times to offset your bias and fanboyism... Breakbeat can be annoying at times, sure, but at least he doesnt come across as mr holier than thou, android is god, cause I said, thats why. Android has things I like, and makes some good devices. We all have different preferences though. I want solid, simple, and smooth for a phone. Not a janky computer in my pocket. For those things and ease of use, apple fits the bill.

Comment

Comment

had both......

Android is better in every single way...

Comment

[IMG]insert good for you.gif[/IMG]

Comment

Why do Android people hate on itunes? I think it's fantastic, I love how it sets all my stuff up.

Comment

Hey TS, keep Xbox live out of this, nothing but great minds go there!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny MF Powers View Post
                As a loooong time Android user (since the G1, the mother of it all), and still android user i feel i should chime in to say that I HATE ANDROID. I have never been totally happy with any Android device Ive had, and the only reason I stay is cause Tmobile sucks and doesnt have the device I want.

On the other hand im very pleased with my iPad and iPod touch.

Android is cool at first sure, and the spec lists are all nice and whatever. But most of the **** i know of that Android does that Apple doesnt is silly and gimmicky imo.

Please tell me what is so great on Android that cant be done on the iPhone..?
                Originally posted by Kenny MF Powers View Post
                Gimmicky? You have low end android phones on the ****tiest network and you're blaming Android for your experience?

Yeah, it would be nice if Android could guarantee a consistent experience, hmmm, if only there was a company that could...

Sure, what the **** do I want to do that for? Even back in the day when you didnt know what an Android was this was pointless. Id prefer to have something that works well enought that I domt want or need to change...

Another gimmick, why the **** do I care about this? I have no need for this. It should work well out of the box without me having to tweak the **** out of it to get a positive experience...

Another thing that really doesnt matter to me. ios os slick easy to use, intuitive as is. Again, i dont want or need to have to do the devs/designers jobs cause they failed to make a good product out of the box...

I dont really use them. Most are just glorified shortcuts.
                • Being able to swap out batteries instead of being stuck next to a wall for 3 hours is "gimmicky"?

Having good battery life is what I prefer. I charge my phone at night. It should be able to last all day, the **** I want extra batteries for? **** reminds me of Game Gear back in the day. **** batteries.

I cant knock this really. Its a nice thing to have. I rarely need it though. I only do light browsing on my phone and most sites are mobile. The nes that arent look like **** on the small phone screens and dont render right if zoomed.

Removable media is nice. Fragmenting, mounting, having to reinsert randomly, and other issues ive experienced are not.

What integration? The fb app..?

Same as before, just give me one that works in the first place.

My battery doesnt like it.

Why do I want to do this?

I like itunes.
                • being able to upgrade your os in 15 minutes over the air instead of plugging it into itunes for 4 hours and it erasing everything is a gimmick?

Having a full back up, peace of mind etc is worth the extra time. Which is typically less than an hour, and thats if you sit and wait for the update to download. It can be dowloaded without installing...

Not any better than the retina to my eyes.

you want gimmick?

Gimmick is advertising the hell out of an app like siri that you didn't create you only purchased from the people that created it and passing it off as something ground breaking while the apple sheep have no idea voice control has been around for years.

Personally when I review a product I judge it based on what it does and how well it does it. Not on what it doesnt do. Unfortunately for the Android, the iphone does everything better in my opinion.

Even more than all that though, the way you try to talk down to people, and be just a general douchelord makes me play devils advocate at times to offset your bias and fanboyism... Breakbeat can be annoying at times, sure, but at least he doesnt come across as mr holier than thou, android is god, cause I said, thats why. Android has things I like, and makes some good devices. We all have different preferences though. I want solid, simple, and smooth for a phone. Not a janky computer in my pocket. For those things and ease of use, apple fits the bill.
                What's funny is that all these things you call gimmick, Ios is slowly transitioning into the Iphone, yet you call "Gimmicks", ohhh the Irony.

Comment

Originally posted by ANDROIDISM View Post

you want gimmick?

Wow this was an awesome own type of post. You know your stuff and you truely have class and grace. Green K on its way pal.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                    had both......

Android is better in every single way...
                    good call. I myself wouldnt have created this thread if i did not own both.

Comment

Kenny MF Powers

You have already been completely outclassed and owned on this thread by Androidisum. Please stop posting here, your only embarrasing yourself at this point it seems.

Comment

Working...
                      X