No announcement yet.

Allen Iverson Has No Answer For Financial Woes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by *Boss Lady* View Post
    It's sad to see stuff like this. Especially since he was good enough to take care of the people he grew up with. They probably took full advantage of his loyality and now he has nothing to show for it.
    Honestly, it's not that sad.

You made a 150 million in your career... and you blew it on jewlery, paying for groups of 50 people.

You can support people you love without buying 100k necklaces or putting 50 people up in luxury suites for weeks at a time.

I don't feel bad for people who blow their money. People didn't take advantage of him, it was him willfully doing it.

Comment

That's why when people say Floyd will never go broke, I simply laugh.

Tyson and Holyfield both blew 300 million +.. I don't even think Floyd has made that much yet.

And, look at his lifestyles... 30 different cars, multiple houses, boats(lol) posse's, buying out the bar, obsessive gambling.

You think when he retires Mayweather promotions is going to pay for his lifestyle?

Floyd will be broke before he leaves his 40's.

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
        Honestly, it's not that sad.

You made a 150 million in your career... and you blew it on jewlery, paying for groups of 50 people.

You can support people you love without buying 100k necklaces or putting 50 people up in luxury suites for weeks at a time.

I don't feel bad for people who blow their money. People didn't take advantage of him, it was him willfully doing it.
        Yes exactly, they didnt scam him outta his money. He chose to be "generous" and carry a 50 mam posse and they obliged.

Comment

Tyson and Holyfield both blew 300 million +.. I don't even think Floyd has made that much yet.

And, look at his lifestyles... 30 different cars, multiple houses, boats(lol) posse's, buying out the bar, obsessive gambling.

You think when he retires Mayweather promotions is going to pay for his lifestyle?

He's definitely going to be on the list of "Riches to rags".

Comment

Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
            He's definitely going to be on the list of "Riches to rags".
            He's on an even more rare list. "Rags to Riches to Rags"

Comment

It's not sad, that's what he gets. I like Iverson a lot but he's a dumbass. I feel bad not one bit.

Comment

Which is why i dont believe Floyd will retain his 0 lose record forever.

Eventually he will run out of money and he will fight wayyy past his prime, much like RJJ and that 0 will go.

Comment

Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
                  Yep. It's sad but kind of humorous at the same time. That stuff is still going to keep on happening years from now. That kind of money could have had benefited even his future grandchildren[If he had spent it wisely].
                  exactly.................

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                    People were saying the same thing for Iverson when he was still active

But Of coure it became a problem. I mean he didnt lose all of his money like Iverson but having a compulsive gambling addiction is a problem. Losing 2.5 mil in a 6 hour stretch is problem.

But yes he still has millions and that is mostly do to the fact that he has a high paying job with TNT. But he's still on a bad path
                    No it isn't. TNT is not paying him millions.

Comment

Originally posted by Oxn View Post
                      Which is why i dont believe Floyd will retain his 0 lose record forever.

Eventually he will run out of money and he will fight wayyy past his prime, much like RJJ and that 0 will go.
                      I've said this for years.. right after DLH, it became evident money was everything to him. He will fight way beyond his prime. He may even "retire" a few more times... but he'll still come back for that check.

Comment

Working...
                      X