Collapse
No announcement yet.

check this out..."Couple raise child as 'gender neutral' to avoid stereotyping"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

classic song by THE WHO..."i'm a boy"...i'm a boy, i'm a boy & my mother won't admit it, i'm a boy , i'm a boy & if i say i am i get it....or david bowie's "rebel rebel"...you got your mother in a whirl, she's not sure if your a boy or a girl....

Comment

Originally posted by *Boss Lady* View Post
      Kieran is an Irish name and it is a man's name.

That said-

These parents should be ashamed of themselves.

They are not doing this child any favours by causing him confusion. Any decent parent worth their weight in sense raises their child to respect all people, regardless of appearance, gender, race, religion, class etc. These parents have a completely different agenda. Most of these types are doing it for the notoriety. They are taking these innocent children and placing them into a mindset that will leave them vulnerable. There is good reason there is gender differences - WE ARE DIFFERENT.

Yes, I know this coming from the chick who posts on a boxing forum telling you guys to treat me as one of the guys; at the end of the day, I know I am a female, I like being female, I just prefer 'male' things to an extent.

They are going to damage his sense of self. I bet he grows up feeling ashamed for being a boy.
      i've only heard kieran as a girls name. i didn't know it was a boys name too.

Comment

What a fucking idiot she is. Sounds like their raising him to a bisexual fruit cup.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
          Considering that this couple is a heterosexual couple I would say that you actually are being ****phobic. Nowhere in any of the information posted, or in any of the many articles or op-ed pieces about this poor kid indicate in any way that he is being raised by same sex parents. The fact that you have leaped to such a conclusion is telling.

From the description of how this kid is being brought up it looks like the parents' view of "gender neutral" appears to be skewed to the "feminine" side of things. These parents are not unique in doing this. A lot of parents consider truly gender neutral toys like lego to be "boys toys" and think that letting your kid play with lego and wear dresses is truly gender neutral.

My feeling on this case is that the mother was disappointed to have a boy and wished she'd had a girl, so she set about rationalising her bias by concocting the gender neutral story.
          my bad...you are right kieran is a man..at one point it says Mr. cooper. i read it wrong...

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
            classic song by THE WHO..."i'm a boy"...i'm a boy, i'm a boy & my mother won't admit it, i'm a boy , i'm a boy & if i say i am i get it....or david bowie's "rebel rebel"...you got your mother in a whirl, she's not sure if your a boy or a girl....
            How about this?

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
              How about this?

lol! right on

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
                i've only heard kieran as a girls name. i didn't know it was a boys name too.
                Kiera or Ciara is the female version of Kieran.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                  Considering that this couple is a heterosexual couple I would say that you actually are being ****phobic. Nowhere in any of the information posted, or in any of the many articles or op-ed pieces about this poor kid indicate in any way that he is being raised by same sex parents. The fact that you have leaped to such a conclusion is telling.

From the description of how this kid is being brought up it looks like the parents' view of "gender neutral" appears to be skewed to the "feminine" side of things. These parents are not unique in doing this. A lot of parents consider truly gender neutral toys like lego to be "boys toys" and think that letting your kid play with lego and wear dresses is truly gender neutral.

My feeling on this case is that the mother was disappointed to have a boy and wished she'd had a girl, so she set about rationalising her bias by concocting the gender neutral story.
                  This....It seems they raised their first two normally, one as a boy and the girl as a girl. She is talking about being gender neutral but that's not the case since they are pushing the kid towards feminism or there I say ****sexualism. You can see that when they approve off a pink skirt but if the kid would want to wear a t-shirt with a skull they would say no as it is overly masculine.

"At their (television-free) home, Sasha, now 5, is encouraged to play with gender-neutral toys, as well as plenty of dolls (“except Barbie; she’s banned because she’s horrible”), and Beck won’t dress him in overtly masculine clothes: no skulls, camouflage or combats."

Comment

Originally posted by *Boss Lady* View Post
                    Kiera or Ciara is the female version of Kieran.
                    you are a fountain of knowledge & beauty...i sure would like you to me...

Comment

So if it's not a boy or girl do we refer the child as "it"?

Comment

Working...
                      X