Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yu Darvish to the Rangers, 6-year $60Mil Deal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm still wondering what's going on with Prince Fielder. I think they are probably asking for too much, that's why he isn't signed but it still is a bit crazy. Usually a player of his ability is signed by now.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      BTW what type of Japanese is he with the last name Darvish? Sounds Persian or some shit, not Jap, Chinese, Korean, Taiwanese, or anything I have heard of.
      He is half-Iranian, through his father. Guy is a monster over there, 6'5.

Comment

The new ownership group in control of the rangers has 2 billionaires among the group that are willing to pay. Nolan Ryan is just the face of the franchise.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
          I'm still wondering what's going on with Prince Fielder. I think they are probably asking for too much, that's why he isn't signed but it still is a bit crazy. Usually a player of his ability is signed by now.
          I think it's more than just money. NL teams are afraid to sign him long term because they don't know how much longer he could play 1st base. So the NL is out of the question for him.

So i'd say it's between some teams in the AL.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
            I'm done with baseball. Victor Martinez is on the shelf for the season. Just when I thought the Tigers were on the verge of big things.

Where is Texass getting all this money btw
            I don't know where they're getting all this money, but the owners of the team are all billionaires and they have a nice little tv deal that's gonna kick in around 2014 or so.

they'll be set... I still believe they used Fielder as a smoke screen to get Yu to agree to the 6 year deal, because he wanted 5 years but who knows. If they get Fielder, the lowly(lol) AL West will have the best rivalry in 2012

Comment

Ah **** they outbid the Yanks. I thought we had our eyes on him.

Comment

Working...
              X