No announcement yet.

Yu Darvish to the Rangers, 6-year $60Mil Deal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yu Darvish to the Rangers, 6-year $60Mil Deal

The biggest star and top player in Japan is headed to the majors. **** Texas though

I'm done with baseball. Victor Martinez is on the shelf for the season. Just when I thought the Tigers were on the verge of big things.

Where is Texass getting all this money btw

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
      I'm done with baseball. Victor Martinez is on the shelf for the season. Just when I thought the Tigers were on the verge of big things.

Where is Texass getting all this money btw
      Weird that VMart is out with knee injuries after quitting the catcher position to prevent exactly that. Nolan Ryan is spending big, they've won two straight pennants. Probably still has a complex from his career, never winning **** while he was with a Texas team.

Comment

Did you hear about the Yankees signing Kuroda and Pineda? I'm tired of the Yanks signing old veteran pitchers who had their best days behind them, this is a pair of young pitchers.

They did something afterall. Now to get rid of Burnett is the next step.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          Did you hear about the Yankees signing Kuroda and Pineda? I'm tired of the Yanks signing old veteran pitchers who had their best days behind them, this is a pair of young pitchers.

They did something afterall. Now to get rid of Burnett is the next step.
          I'm surprised they didn't steal one of the A's starters when the fire sale began.

Comment

BTW what type of Japanese is he with the last name Darvish? Sounds Persian or some shit, not Jap, Chinese, Korean, Taiwanese, or anything I have heard of.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiranui View Post
              I'm surprised they didn't steal one of the A's starters when the fire sale began.
              They were close on signing that guy Gio from the A's.

Comment

They are mega rich and it doesn't hurt with the money got from their playoff appearances. lol

I think Darvish could do well. He isn't full japanese(smaller stature), so I think his body could hold up a bit more with the crazy action put on his shoulder. Daisuke had that small stature and his body couldn't hold up from the violent action on his shoulder in the ML.

For whatever reason he makes me think of my favorite pitcher of all time. Randy Johnson.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  BTW what type of Japanese is he with the last name Darvish? Sounds Persian or some shit, not Jap, Chinese, Korean, Taiwanese, or anything I have heard of.

Yeah, he's Iranian-Japanese I think. Some middle eastern descent.

Comment

Lol I said Kuroda is young, dude is 36. I meant young in the majors, he only has 4 years. But damn at 36 how many years can he give the Yanks. His ERA last year was great, just a bit over 3.00.

Comment

Working...
                    X