No announcement yet.

Travelling Canada - tips, advice?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by *Boss Lady* View Post
    LOL! It always makes me feel proud when I see someone with a high opinion of our city. It is a great place to be, and you truly get what you pay for.

TS, I don't know if you have properly looked into visas at all yet and I have no idea how old you are, but if you are between 18-30, I use to work for Citizen and Immigration Canada, and had access to some programs. You said you wanted to come out here for a year, I think this would be the perfect program for you. And they offer loads of help. Here's a link.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...message&view=d

But you need to apply asap as spots are limited and fill up quickly.
    I'm 23 and that's the scheme I'm applying through. I'll be sending off my application in a few days so hopefully it will be successful. It has always been my dream to live and work in Canada and being able to experience what it has to offer through the IEC Visa is a great opportunity for me.

I've always seen Canada as an ideal mix between small Britain and big America. However, England's social cohesion and sense of community has long been eroded. All in all Canada seems like a bright and friendly place...somewhere you can raise a family and live a relatively quiet life.

Comment

Originally posted by timbatron View Post
      I'm 23 and that's the scheme I'm applying through. I'll be sending off my application in a few days so hopefully it will be successful. It has always been my dream to live and work in Canada and being able to experience what it has to offer through the IEC Visa is a great opportunity for me.

I've always seen Canada as an ideal mix between small Britain and big America. However, England's social cohesion and sense of community has long been eroded. All in all Canada seems like a bright and friendly place...somewhere you can raise a family and live a relatively quiet life.
      It's funny you would say that, I would move to England in a heartbeat

But Canada is a wonderful country and we are a pretty friendly bunch of people.

Oh and we get more footy on TV than you all do ... 3pm Kick off FTW!

Comment

It's funny you would say that, I would move to England in a heartbeat

But Canada is a wonderful country and we are a pretty friendly bunch of people.

Oh and we get more footy on TV than you all do ... 3pm Kick off FTW!

I think Vancouver will be my choice destination, so the Whitecaps will probably be seeing me on a regular basis. Definitely going to wear my Peterborough United shirt though...will be a good conversation starter in my efforts to snag me a Canadian vixen haha.

Comment

I think Vancouver will be my choice destination, so the Whitecaps will probably be seeing me on a regular basis. Definitely going to wear my Peterborough United shirt though...will be a good conversation starter in my efforts to snag me a Canadian vixen haha.
          I have never been to the west coast, I'm an east coast girl so I do most of my Canadian travel up and down this side of Canada. Vancouver is supposed to be amazing though. But, VERY VERY expensive. I am pretty sure it is one of the most expensive cities in Canada to live in.

If you are relatively attractive, (even if you aren't, really) all you will have to do is open your mouth, to be honest. We love English boys here

Comment

I have never been to the west coast, I'm an east coast girl so I do most of my Canadian travel up and down this side of Canada. Vancouver is supposed to be amazing though. But, VERY VERY expensive. I am pretty sure it is one of the most expensive cities in Canada to live in.

If you are relatively attractive, (even if you aren't, really) all you will have to do is open your mouth, to be honest. We love English boys here
            I'm from England...EVERYWHERE IS EXPENSIVE!!! We are taxed on everything.

And I'm like a 8-9/10, have a fantastic sense of humour, a cracking set of teeth, and oozing with sexuality. I'm also modest and have a keen interest in the welfare of others. Me thinks I'm going to go down quite well

^^^ None of that is true, but I do have the accent....so silver linings and all!

Comment

I'm from England...EVERYWHERE IS EXPENSIVE!!! We are taxed on everything.

And I'm like a 8-9/10, have a fantastic sense of humour, a cracking set of teeth, and oozing with sexuality. I'm also modest and have a keen interest in the welfare of others. Me thinks I'm going to go down quite well

^^^ None of that is true, but I do have the accent....so silver linings and all!
              It really is comparable cost wise, I travel to England 2-3 times a year for the past few years. Except pints are FAR cheaper in England actually alcohol in general is cheaper in England.

Speaking of tax, at least the VAT is already included in the price when you shop in England. You go pay for your item and you know exactly what you are spending. Here ... you pick up something to buy it for say $9.99, you get to the cash register and depending on the province you are in, you have to add another 12-15% on to the price

Comment

It really is comparable cost wise, I travel to England 2-3 times a year for the past few years. Except pints are FAR cheaper in England actually alcohol in general is cheaper in England.

Speaking of tax, at least the VAT is already included in the price when you shop in England. You go pay for your item and you know exactly what you are spending. Here ... you pick up something to buy it for say $9.99, you get to the cash register and depending on the province you are in, you have to add another 12-15% on to the price
                I go out drinking 3-4 times a week in England. Hopefully the added expense will put me off. To be honest, I want to get away from that culture, so it's all good.

VAT not included in the price sucks haha!

Comment

Vancouver or Toronto, thats what I want to know!

Comment

Originally posted by hayZ View Post
                    Vancouver or Toronto, thats what I want to know!
                    Anyone from Van City will say Vancouver and anyone from Toronto will say TO. You have to ask someone who has been to both, but not from either originally and it depends on what you like really.

But I love TO

Comment

I love Charlevoix!

Comment

Working...
                      X