No announcement yet.

Now post a picture of yourself

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
    Just to refresh your memory, this is the post you originally responded to.

Which obviously refers to the top Federal Income Tax rate. The average American pays about 13%. Glad to clear that up for you.

Which is what I was referring to, in regards to One Capitalist's post about Americans paying taxes, and them being too high, etc. I said that overall, we have it good, and it would be idiotic to completely do away with taxes. Thank you for fruther supporting my argument that we don't need to be complaining about taxes.

Comment

• Tim The Rock Horton

Comment

• Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
        Which is what I was referring to, in regards to One Capitalist's post about Americans paying taxes, and them being too high, etc. I said that overall, we have it good, and it would be idiotic to completely do away with taxes. Thank you for fruther supporting my argument that we don't need to be complaining about taxes.

Now, either post a picture pudge faced applejohn, or take your right-wing idiocy elsewhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
          I dislike the amount of taxes we pay, but it's not like we don't get anything back as we have free schools, hospitals, universities, health care, oldage pensions, reterementhomes, cheap kindergartens, social security, free institutions for disabled, no poor people etc.

Comment

• You're not Smokey?

You fail me.

(Cute nephew, BTW. Normally when people post pictures of children I want to boot them in the mouth, but not this time. )

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
              You're not Smokey?

You fail me.

(Cute nephew, BTW. Normally when people post pictures of children I want to boot them in the mouth, but not this time. )
              loooooooooool

thanks man.

Comment

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                I dislike the amount of taxes we pay, but it's not like we don't get anything back as we have free schools, hospitals, universities, health care, oldage pensions, reterementhomes, cheap kindergartens, social security, free institutions for disabled, no poor people etc.
                We get most, if not all of that, for underprivileged people in the US. In Arizona you can go to a state college based purely on Federal grants. K through 12 pubic schools are free, people in poverty (and many that aren't) qualify for Medicaid (free healthcare) as do people over 65 (Medicare.) At 65 you get a Social Security check every month. Not to mention food stamps (EBT card,) welfare, etc. We spend well over 1.5 trillion per year (and growing) on entitlements, about half our entire budget.
                Last edited by Jim Jeffries; 03-21-2012, 02:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
                  We get most, if not all of that, for underprivileged people in the US. In Arizona you can go to a state college based purely on Federal grants. K through 12 pubic schools are free, people in poverty (and many that aren't) qualify for Medicaid (free healthcare) as do people over 65 (Medicare.) At 65 you get a Social Security check every month. Not to mention food stamps (EBT card,) welfare, etc. We spend well over 1.5 trillion per year (and growing) on entitlements, about half our entire budget.
                  I'm no expert on US domestic politics at all, but common sense tells me that if the standard yank pays 13% and the average dane pays 45% there has to be a big difference in service from the public sector and when considering the astronomical military budget in the US the gap becomes wider.

Comment

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                    I'm no expert on US domestic politics at all, but common sense tells me that if the standard yank pays 13% and the average dane pays 45% there has to be a big difference in service from the public sector and when considering the astronomical military budget in the US the gap becomes wider.
                    There are additional services provided by individual states (funded by sales taxes and in many cases State income taxes) and of course our Federal Govt currently borrows 40 cents on the dollar, but yeah, you probably have more "free" goodies for your 45%.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
                      Yes Timboy!

Comment

Working...
                      X