Collapse
No announcement yet.

got to drive 10 hours on thursday for my new job

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30 straight tens, $38.50\hr($1.50 pay cut), 10hour days everyday its 8 straight time & 2 hours x1.5, saturday allday x1.5, sunday allday x2.....$2964.50 gross every week...i'll gross $12000 & after taxes around $8000-9000...wish it was 12hr days....i make way better money in alberta shutdowns...2 years ago i worked 9 week shutdown with a few days off inbetween cycles & i made $40000

Comment

Nice, good luck

Comment

did you study to get these jobs or you're some kind of ''lucky'' laborer ?

Comment

Originally posted by Tiozzo View Post
          did you study to get these jobs or you're some kind of ''lucky'' laborer ?
          i'm a journeyman ironworker.i have been doing this for 15 years.i had to do 3 sessions of school over a 5 year period but now with so much work it can be done in 3 years now.i believe its like 6000hrs of work & completion of 3 sessions of school

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
            i'm a journeyman ironworker.i have been doing this for 15 years.i had to do 3 sessions of school over a 5 year period but now with so much work it can be done in 3 years now.i believe its like 6000hrs of work & completion of 3 sessions of school
            ok thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Tiozzo View Post
              ok thanks

local 720 ironworkers...edmonton canada here is a # to call to find out about work.you better be canadian or able to get a work visa.if you are canadian you would probably have a chance.they need rodbusters galore.hard work but good pay & lots of work in alberta,saskatchewan,some in BC...Ø*Local 720 is putting on a Rebar Pre-Apprentice Course; any interested candidates please contact the Training Department @ 780-482-0908. * starting out would be 60% journeyman rate...
              Last edited by joe strong; 09-21-2011, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
                the last 15 years i been making 5 hours drives up north & sometimes when things were slow id drive 5 hours for 40hr\week...ive done some long haul & i just stretch my legs when fill up for gas...where im driving to is prairies with nothing there.you can let you dog out & see it run for 3 days.flat prairies...i got some money in the bank...

what you worried about then, dog?

have at it

^^

Comment

damn that's alotta work! Good luck to you man

Comment

By the way, you're the epitome of "Work hard, Play hard ."

Comment

Originally posted by BLATANT View Post
                      By the way, you're the epitome of "Work hard, Play hard ."
                      surprisingly enough i slowed down quite a bit. i work lots so i can travel.im almost 37 & i don't even think about 40 coming,i see 50 13 years away so i'm globetrotting & entertaining myself.i have been addicted to sleazing out in cuba.i make any fantasy of mine reality...should have been doing this my whole career.my 20's were a complete waste of time & money.

Comment

Working...
                      X