No announcement yet.

Rate The Last Film You Saw!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knuckle (2011)

Documentary that follows Irish families involved in feuds that have lasted decades and who fight each other bare knuckle for money put up by both sides. The people are called Travellers, and the filmmakers followed a few clans for 12 years, starting in the late ‘90s. What’s crazy is not only how long the beefs have lasted, but how some of these fights are sometimes between actual relatives (cousins vs. cousins). What’s also a trip is how the families send each other personal video tapes dissing each other and challenging each other to fight. This film definitely kept my interest throughout (the subtitles were good to have, too, for us non-Irish folks) and would recommend it, although it does feel like the ending could have been stronger. But I will say some of themes explored by the director do come through, including the question of whether or not each new generation is destined to follow in this violent tradition and if the appeal of the fighting is more than just family honor. (P.S. After seeing the movie I went online to read more about it, and found out some messed-up news about one of the families. They could probably make another documentary.) 7.5 out of 10.

Comment

• Saw the Pilot for this the other day, on Amazon series. Enjoyed it alot. Read it got picked up for a full season. Can't wait. I give it a 9 out of 10

Another Amazon series Saw all 10 episodes in 2-3 days. Got picked up for season 2. I give it an 8 out of 10

Mozart in the Jungle, an Amazon series too. Saw all season in one week. 7 out of 10.

Comment

• Terri (2011)

Tale of an awkward fat kid named Terri who lives with his mentally disturbed uncle. John C. Reilly is the school principal/ father figure. The movie is half serious / half funny. It definitely has the heavy vibe of a quirky “independent movie,” but if that doesn’t bother you, you might enjoy it. I thought it was cool and liked it enough to give it a 7.5. It captures that nervous feeling of being alone with a hot chick for the first time and it doesn’t shy away from the crude sex jokes teenagers really make at that age. But it also has a wholesome edge to it that may or may not be your cup of tea.

Starlet (2012)

Starlet feels like two movies competing against each other. This is really a total chick flick, but it’s just disguised as an edgy satire about the pr0n industry. Even though there’s a full penetration sex scene (using a body double for the actress and shot real “arty") it comes off like a gimmick to get people to watch this movie that is really in fact about a young woman and an old lady bonding. The movie is kind of slow, but I don’t mind slow movies. I thought the ending was weak. I don’t know, despite some of the drawbacks, I did still kind of like some of it. To me, the most interesting character was the main chick’s crazy roommate. I’d give it a strong 6 out of 10.

For all you pr0n fans, Asa Akira and Kristina Rose are in the movie for a few seconds, and there’s a recreation of the behind the scenes blowup that Tanner Mayes had on camera.

Comment

• Speaking of ****...i watched Don Jon.

Guy addicted to **** gets Scarlet Johanssan, blah blah blah...she looks super fit in it.
          Quite amusing how he is also a church going Catholic, and goes to confession every week and reports how much **** he has watched.
          Its alrite. Quite enjoyable.

And there are some shots of Alexis Texas at the beginning. I imagine that would of been great to see in the cinema. And there would be a lot of uncomfortable guys with their girlfriend. There is a lot of truth to the film i thought.

Comment

• Better than the trailer makes out.
            Good if you like a violent western.

Comment

• Just saw "Lucy" with Scarlet Johnson and Morgan Freeman. It's about a woman who accidentally taps in to 100% of her brain's ability, whereas the majority of the populace operate on 10%.

I have to say, I found it fascinating.....and give it a 9 out of 10. It really surprised me. Good action and it makes you think; a rarity.

Comment

• Originally posted by K-DOGG View Post
                Just saw "Lucy" with Scarlet Johnson and Morgan Freeman. It's about a woman who accidentally taps in to 100% of her brain's ability, whereas the majority of the populace operate on 10%.

I have to say, I found it fascinating.....and give it a 9 out of 10. It really surprised me. Good action and it makes you think; a rarity.
                I was quite intrigued by this film until i found out it was using the old we only use 10% of our brain myth.

Comment

• Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
                  I was quite intrigued by this film until i found out it was using the old we only use 10% of our brain myth.
                  Update me. What's the current accepted percentage?

Comment

• Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
                    really... I use more in the neighbourhood of .0007% of my brain... my IQ is 5 & it takes 10 to bark...

Comment

• A walk amongst the Tombstones... Liam Neeson movie i'm sure many have seen or heard about. 6\10 it was kind of slow & it was your typical liam neeson movie... he is always so calm in every situation

Comment

Working...
                      X