Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BodyBagz View Post

The Menu (2022 horror comedy ?)
    Star R Fiennes and alien eyed Anya Taylor Joy

Rich people are invited to attend an annual (?) by invitation only dinning experience on a private island by renowned master chef Slowik. Slowik has a special dish to serve these guests.

I wanted to like this more than I did but when the plot revealed itself, it threw me off.

6.5/10​
    Oh okay. I watch it anyway. What's the best movies of the end of the year you watched anyway?

Comment

• Originally posted by KillaMane26 View Post

Oh okay. I watch it anyway. What's the best movies of the end of the year you watched anyway?
      The Menu is stylish and interesting
      Billed as a horror/comedy....I didn't necessarily find it funny

All Quiet On The Western Front remake.
      2022 was not a good year for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by BodyBagz View Post

The Menu is stylish and interesting
        Billed as a horror/comedy....I didn't necessarily find it funny

All Quiet On The Western Front remake.
        2022 was not a good year for me.
        Yeah it wasn't all that. Just a few decent movies. I think this year and next year will be better especially since companies are slowly moving away from the agenda driven movies ...."slowly"

Comment

• Billy Elliot an excellent Irish film

Comment

• this movie has 95% audience score on rotten tomatoes and I bet you never heard of it.

Just rewatched The Grizzlies. I’m debating whether it’s a masterpiece. It’s close. A true hidden gem.

Based on a true story about this guy who starts an Inuit lacrosse team in Nunavut, Canada to fight that regions insanely high suicide rate. Some people might figure it’s a white saviour movie but I met the real life coach as he travelled around northern Canada trying to recruit kids before landing in Nunavut (probably his last stop because no one wants to live there) and he is indeed white so no problem there.

Great movie about building hope in a small town that doesn’t understand what hope is.​
            markusmod markusmod likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by markusmod View Post
              I just watched The Last of Us series debut, it was pretty damn good.
              Yea man,I've been waiting for this one. From the same producers of Chernobyl and GOT. Was going to watch it last night but wife and I decided to go finally watch Avatar. Going to give it a go tonight.
              Last edited by Sctrojan; 01-16-2023, 12:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sctrojan View Post

Yea man,I've been waiting for this one. From the same producers of Chernobyl and GOT. Was going to watch it last night but wife and I decided to go finally watch Avatar. Going to give it a go tonight.
                I'm a huge fan of the video game series. The show does it justice.

Comment

• M3GAN...........6.5/10

Sure you guys know the premise or have seen the trailer. Was a good horror/Sci-fi movie overall. Kinda drags a little with the character development in the beginning but second half isn't bad. With the success of this one,the sequel should be better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sctrojan View Post
                    M3GAN...........6.5/10

Sure you guys know the premise or have seen the trailer. Was a good horror/Sci-fi movie overall. Kinda drags a little with the character development in the beginning but second half isn't bad. With the success of this one,the sequel should be better.
                    I agree. It was a decent Child's Play type of movie.

Comment

• Transfusion (2023 Stan original, whatever the fck that is)
                      Thriller I guess

Retired marine and down on his luck single father of a ''son'', in need of cash.
                      His friend has a plan...an illegal one.

The ''son'' put me off.

I could have sworn he was a she for real.

It opens with a flashback, the dad and the kid in the woods hunting for food.
                      Dad gives the kid a rifle with a deer in it's sights.
                      Kid doesn't want to shoot it , in this whiny fcking voice.
                      ''I'd rather starve Daddy ...''
                      Dad snatches rifle and kills Bambi....Offers the kid a slice, ''he'' chews it and spits it out.

Fast forward a bit, and he's home with his expectant wife.
                      Something happens.
                      Fast forward to present day.
                      The kid is now 16 (I guess he was around 8 at the beginning).
                      And ''he'' is still bltch like.....and supposedly a school rebel.

He's in the movie too much for me to keep FF'ing past his parts.

1/10
                      Last edited by BodyBagz; 01-22-2023, 01:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X