Rate The Last Film You Saw!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
    What drew you in to watch it ?
    The trailer. Aside from the music in the trailer (an annoying Pink Floyd sonw that has NOTHING to do with Mexico) , it showed clips of intense, epic scenes, in addition to showing the minutiae of daily life in crisp, clear B&W, scenes that cant be reproduced in the same way in color.

I love movies from the 30s and 40s....the best B&W old flicks show light manipulated in ways that cannot be replicated in color.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnbook View Post
      You're welcome.
      Your 7.5 rating is about right. The twist and PC ending and the bifurcation detracted from this movie.

There wasn't that in the Sidney Poitier film.

Emergency call centers... I'm sure you know that Ted Bundy did that sitting next to Ann Rule. She thought he was the most wonderful caring person until...

On 2nd thought, do you think he did that maybe to scope for victims?
      Actually i just gave it a 7 not more cos i thought it was corny when he told the woman about his problem. What bifurcation are you talking about?

Got to admit i know fuckall about Ted Bundy other than he's a mass murderer.

Maybe wait till the movie about him comes out then i'd know more about him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Outworn View Post
        Actually i just gave it a 7 not more cos i thought it was corny when he told the woman about his problem. What bifurcation are you talking about?

Got to admit i know fuckall about Ted Bundy other than he's a mass murderer.

Maybe wait till the movie about him comes out then i'd know more about him.
        The bifurcation was just what you cited: The cop's own legal/moral problem messed up the movie. So we are in agreement. You'd like the Poitier movie more as I did.

RE Bundy, the first one on him remains the best
        I think. With Mark Harmon: The Deliberate Stranger

That and Brian Dennehy playing John Wayne Gacy in To Catch a Killer are perhaps 2 best films on Serial killers or the catching of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
          The trailer. Aside from the music in the trailer (an annoying Pink Floyd sonw that has NOTHING to do with Mexico) , it showed clips of intense, epic scenes, in addition to showing the minutiae of daily life in crisp, clear B&W, scenes that cant be reproduced in the same way in color.

I love movies from the 30s and 40s....the best B&W old flicks show light manipulated in ways that cannot be replicated in color.
          There are at least a couple of ''horror'' movies that are rated 10's across the board that I found painful to sit through due to the lack of horror....

The Innocence and The Devils Backbone.

The Devils Backbone was immaculately made. Captured that era to a T. As well made as it was, it was far far far farrrrr from being a horror movie. It was criminally boring.

I fell asleep 20 minutes into The Innocence. TBH, I'm not into dialog driven movies or ghost stories.

Comment

The bifurcation was just what you cited: The cop's own legal/moral problem messed up the movie. So we are in agreement. You'd like the Poitier movie more as I did.

RE Bundy, the first one on him remains the best
            I think. With Mark Harmon: The Deliberate Stranger

That and Brian Dennehy playing John Wayne Gacy in To Catch a Killer are perhaps 2 best films on Serial killers or the catching of them.
            I'll look them up...

Comment

I'll look them up...
              Let us know if you watch them how you liked them.

Do you know other great serial killer movies?
              I've seen 2 on the Green River killer. They were OK, but not great like the 2 I cited.

Comment

Let us know if you watch them how you liked them.

Do you know other great serial killer movies?
                I've seen 2 on the Green River killer. They were OK, but not great like the 2 I cited.
                Serial killer movies about real life serial killers or made up?

Top of my head about real serial killer are Monster and Zodiac. Monster was just alright but Zodiac was pretty good although its about the investigating of the killer.

Made up serial killer would be Seven and Saw.

EDIT: I've also seen Korean serial killer movies I Saw The Devil and Memories of Murder. I Saw The Devil was a made up serial killer but Memories of Murder was based on true events. Both are really good.
                Last edited by Outworn; 01-30-2019, 05:38 AM.

Comment

Serial killer movies about real life serial killers or made up?

Top of my head about real serial killer are Monster and Zodiac. Monster was just alright but Zodiac was pretty good although its about the investigating of the killer.

Made up serial killer would be Seven and Saw.

EDIT: I've also seen Korean serial killer movies I Saw The Devil and Memories of Murder. I Saw The Devil was a made up serial killer but Memories of Murder was based on true events. Both are really good.
                  Well I meant real life.
                  But your fiction ones were great too. Like Seven and Memories of Murder.

But there's something extra creepy when you know you're watching something that actually happened, if well made. Like the 2 films i cited

Comment

Well I meant real life.
                    But your fiction ones were great too. Like Seven and Memories of Murder.

But there's something extra creepy when you know you're watching something that actually happened, if well made. Like the 2 films i cited
                    Memories of Murder was based on actual events so its half fiction? I've looked up the two titles. Pretty lengthy.

If i do watched them i'll post it here.

Comment

Memories of Murder was based on actual events so its half fiction? I've looked up the two titles. Pretty lengthy.

If i do watched them i'll post it here.
                      My mistake. You did state that Memories of Murder was a real case.

And yes those 2 films were lengthy, but at times riveting, so it didn't feel that way, to me at least.

Comment

Working...
                      X