Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rate The Last Film You Saw!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Den skyldige aka The Guilty. A Danish film about a police officer dispatch when he got a called from a kidnapped woman. 7/10

Hollywood's gonna make a remake featuring Jake Gyllenhaal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Outworn View Post
      Den skyldige aka The Guilty. A Danish film about a police officer dispatch when he got a called from a kidnapped woman. 7/10

Hollywood's gonna make a remake featuring Jake Gyllenhaal.
      Good movie.
      Perhaps the original was this: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0059729...nm_flmg_act_29
      which was very good

Comment

• Originally posted by johnbook View Post
        Good movie.
        Perhaps the original was this: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0059729...nm_flmg_act_29
        which was very good
        Thanks. Didn't know about that film or that The Guilty was based on that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Outworn View Post
          Thanks. Didn't know about that film or that The Guilty was based on that.
          You're welcome.
          Your 7.5 rating is about right. The twist and PC ending and the bifurcation detracted from this movie.

There wasn't that in the Sidney Poitier film.

Emergency call centers... I'm sure you know that Ted Bundy did that sitting next to Ann Rule. She thought he was the most wonderful caring person until...

On 2nd thought, do you think he did that maybe to scope for victims?

Comment

• Saw Roma the other night. Awesome movie. You have to deal with the first 30 minutes being very slow, but the director is setting it up so that you know and understand the main characters. Amazing job of re-creating 1970's Mexico City; I don't know how they did it. The B&W cinematography is incredible. Also great acting by everyone, including the children. The main character, a young Indian maid, never acted before but she's completely believable.

There are 3 or 4 long, epic scenes that you can't believe what you saw. I won't give anything away but the last scene at the beach is something that sticks in your mind for days.

Again, you have to endure the first 30 minutes...I almost didn't make it but it was worthwhile.

10/10. A classic movie. I haven't seen the Polish film Cold War but Roma should get the AA award for Best Foreign Movie hands down. Screw that Brit film...another movie about the Royals:blow:

Comment

• A Simple Favor 3/10

This movie got good reviews on RT, but honestly I though it was quite sh|t.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
                Saw Roma the other night. Awesome movie. You have to deal with the first 30 minutes being very slow, but the director is setting it up so that you know and understand the main characters. Amazing job of re-creating 1970's Mexico City; I don't know how they did it. The B&W cinematography is incredible. Also great acting by everyone, including the children. The main character, a young Indian maid, never acted before but she's completely believable.

There are 3 or 4 long, epic scenes that you can't believe what you saw. I won't give anything away but the last scene at the beach is something that sticks in your mind for days.

Again, you have to endure the first 30 minutes...I almost didn't make it but it was worthwhile.

10/10. A classic movie. I haven't seen the Polish film Cold War but Roma should get the AA award for Best Foreign Movie hands down. Screw that Brit film...another movie about the Royals:blow:
                The plot doesn't sound interesting on it own...

''A year in the life of a middle-class family's maid in Mexico City in the early 1970s.''

Comment

• Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
                  The plot doesn't sound interesting on it own...

''A year in the life of a middle-class family's maid in Mexico City in the early 1970s.''

Yes, the plot sounds dull. The movie isnt for everyone, but its all the little details of this film that somehow bring it all together into a remarkale story.

Comment

• Watched Annabelle:creation

Honestly I really enjoyed it, probably my favorite so far from the conjuring universe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
                      Yes, the plot sounds dull. The movie isnt for everyone, but its all the little details of this film that somehow bring it all together into a remarkale story.
                      What drew you in to watch it ?

Comment

Working...
                      X