• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
    Star Wars The Force Awakens

7.5/10

The Hateful Eight

8/10

Star Wars was pretty good, but is being way overrated by the fan boys. Better than the prequels but not as good as the originals for sure. The Hateful Eight was good, solid. I wish it had gotten where it went a lot quicker, cause it was reallllllllllly slow for the longest time. But when it got there, boy it was pretty damn good. Not near as good as Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, or Basterds.....and not as good as Jackie Brown or Django, but better than the Kill Bills and Death Proof. It was good, but Tarantino would've been better off getting to the late middle and later parts faster cause it sort of dragged a bit for the first 60% of the movie.
    Eight dragged because of dialogue or a generally slow story? Dialogue is what you go see a Tarantino movie for right ?

I though Deathproof was hilarious, and a really good film too. Ok it ain't his best but the dialogue is superb, ain't anything like Resovoir Dogs but its a fine addition to a solid back catalogue, I think I enjoyed it more than Jackie Brown if truth be told.

Whilst we're on the subject of slow movies I saw Maggie with Svhwarzenegger, now I'm a massive Schwarzenegger fan and I can see where his and the critics ate coming from but I really enjoyed it, for its worth. I mean this movie couldn't have cost more than a hundred gino's to make with the exception of Arnold's wags of course. I felt it was a solid acting movie, showcasing the dude ain't no dunce when it comes to genuine acting. Some of the other trash he's done lately is down to extremely poor directors with no vision, direction or clarity I feel the director needs props for this one. If you like action stay away, but if you enjoy acting and are in fact an actual Schwarzenegger fan this is a good watch, nothing groundbreaking but enjoyable.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Scott-Weiland- View Post
      Eight dragged because of dialogue or a generally slow story? Dialogue is what you go see a Tarantino movie for right ?

I though Deathproof was hilarious, and a really good film too. Ok it ain't his best but the dialogue is superb, ain't anything like Resovoir Dogs but its a fine addition to a solid back catalogue, I think I enjoyed it more than Jackie Brown if truth be told.

Whilst we're on the subject of slow movies I saw Maggie with Svhwarzenegger, now I'm a massive Schwarzenegger fan and I can see where his and the critics ate coming from but I really enjoyed it, for its worth. I mean this movie couldn't have cost more than a hundred gino's to make with the exception of Arnold's wags of course. I felt it was a solid acting movie, showcasing the dude ain't no dunce when it comes to genuine acting. Some of the other trash he's done lately is down to extremely poor directors with no vision, direction or clarity I feel the director needs props for this one. If you like action stay away, but if you enjoy acting and are in fact an actual Schwarzenegger fan this is a good watch, nothing groundbreaking but enjoyable.
      Of course man. But even with Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, Django, Inglourious, etc. There was tons of extended dialogue, but it didn't seem to drag as much as Hateful Eight did. Perhaps it was because literally 90% of the movie takes place in one room, I'm not sure. I still said it was good and I gave it 8/10. It was good, but I've seen better more engaging films from Tarantino for sure. I kind of want him to go back to a Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, or Jackie Brown style of movie again. I dig his last three, I thought maybe Tarantino was done after Kill Bills and Death Proof, which was just OK for me. But I'm kind of over the Western or Western like movies from him.

Comment

• Star warts the forts are weaken.
        4 out of 100 I was Disappointed like their previous 4 film.

James bond in spiclandter....
        4 out of 50 Disappointed.... Moneypenny is still black. Story line is a tired Who have "information" control the world like in "1984"

Comment

• Originally posted by Amazinger View Post
          Star warts the forts are weaken.
          4 out of 100 I was Disappointed like their previous 4 film.

James bond in spiclandter....
          4 out of 50 Disappointed.... Moneypenny is still black. Story line is a tired Who have "information" control the world like in "1984"
          Has there been a decent Star Wars movie since Empire ? I thought Jedi was a hulking steamin mass of ..... I think the only part I enjoyed was when Luke was getting his shyt pushed in BIG time by Palpatine.

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
          Of course man. But even with Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, Django, Inglourious, etc. There was tons of extended dialogue, but it didn't seem to drag as much as Hateful Eight did. Perhaps it was because literally 90% of the movie takes place in one room, I'm not sure. I still said it was good and I gave it 8/10. It was good, but I've seen better more engaging films from Tarantino for sure. I kind of want him to go back to a Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, or Jackie Brown style of movie again. I dig his last three, I thought maybe Tarantino was done after Kill Bills and Death Proof, which was just OK for me. But I'm kind of over the Western or Western like movies from him.
          I'll watch it tonight if I can find it on 1080 on the box.

I love all of them tbh, and I'm sure Ill like Eight. Reservoir is a personal favourite, on dialogue alone it kills. I think I rate it as highly as Pulp Fiction though I'll admit upon first viewing I can understand why anyone would call it the best movie ever made, I would to be able to see that again for the first time like memory wiped and watch it as though I'd never seen it before, for groundbreaking, originality and being different Pulp can not be beaten, impossible.

I have a friend who claims to be a huge Tarantino fan but is of fairly low opinion of a few of his, I think it just admires more so the craziness of his plots and unexpected twists etc as opposed to the dialect itself. Shame for him. I panned Deathproof but I swear I laughed as much as I did at it like watching Big Lebowski, Fear and Loathing and The Men Who Stare At Goats. I suppose they're my tastes and I'd never knock anyone for their own unless of course they subscribe to that line Yusuf Mack aka Brush My Hair of NSB fame, has been putting out .

Comment

• pulp fiction, django, bastards, all have dialogue i could leave out.

reservoir dogs is a freaking masterpiece. i've seriously considered writing a script to turn it into a 3-4 man stage production. really. i think it can be done.

Comment

• Just finshed watching woodlawn, would give it a 4/10

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                I thought Jackie Brown is his worst movie Reservoir Dogs was slow and shot in the same place that was his best work.

1. Reservoir dogs
                2. Pulp Fiction ( 1 and 2 is interchangeable )
                3. Kill Bill 1&2 ( its one movie )
                4.Hateful eight
                5. Inglourious Basterds
                6. Django unchained
                7. Death proof
                8. Jackie Brown

Comment

• 7.5/10

Comment

• Watched The Departed and The Revenant.

I've never rated The Departed here, but you all probably know what a great, suspenseful movie that was.

The Revenant is one of, if not the best, DiCaprio starring movies i've seen.

Comment

• just finished watching

7/10

Comment

Working...
                      X