No announcement yet.

Jersey got hit hard by Irene...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jupiter Jab View Post
    I live in Houston, so we get Hurricanes all the time.

Sucks so bad when the power is out for an extended time. When Ike hit, power was out for like a week.

Sorry to hear about your cars getting damaged.
    It's alright, it was our Neighbors tree and it turns out he has insurance so our cars most likely well be repaired. Good thing it was the neighbor next door to use because if it was our other neighbors tree we wouldn't be able to get it replaced.

Comment

Originally posted by LegendOfLink View Post
      We didn't care that the trees smashed up the cars, well it bothers my dad a bit. But our basement was flooding and getting ruined. We had to manually take water out for about 7 hours. Climbing up crappy steps that my feet were much bigger then. I ran into stuff with my head constantly.

Our basement is old style and it must have been belt for midgets or something and I'm only 5'10 but when I walked up the steps my head would smack into the top of the basement door-way unless I remembered to lower my body.

We don't usually get storms this bad here. My dad is going to buy a good generator from the store, because we don't want to go through something like that again. No more cheap brands that don't start up when you need them!
      So because the south goes through this more often it isnt as big of a deal.

Look im sorry you had any damage at all.

But when we have hurricanes down here...if our basement floods....we got lucky.

We are worried about losing neighborhoods, neighbors, and businesses

a little water in your basement and 7 hours without power is a good outcome considering what could of happened

after Katrina we were down here 2 or 3 weeks without power, gasoline, or any food other than the government issued MRE's

Comment

Originally posted by MidnightSpecial View Post
        So because the south goes through this more often it isnt as big of a deal.

Look im sorry you had any damage at all.

But when we have hurricanes down here...if our basement floods....we got lucky.

We are worried about losing neighborhoods, neighbors, and businesses

a little water in your basement and 7 hours without power is a good outcome considering what could of happened

after Katrina we were down here 2 or 3 weeks without power, gasoline, or any food other than the government issued MRE's
        Yes, we all know the south has it worse. Get off your high tractor for once.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
          Your father is a faggot.

Comment

It would be like me crying about 1 inch of snow to a New Yorker.

Comment

Originally posted by CRASH DUMMY View Post
              Your father is a faggot.
              Your father is a fag and a coward. I punched him in the face and made him salute the British flag and sing God Save the Queen. He didn't even put up a fight.

Originally posted by MidnightSpecial View Post
              It would be like me crying about 1 inch of snow to a New Yorker.
              Luckily NY had it much easier than NJ last night into the morning. And what lower NY get in terms of snow isnt even that big of a deal. Buffalo NY once had a blizzard in October. Roofs were collapsing under the weight of the snow over there.

Comment

Your father is a fag and a coward. I punched him in the face and made him salute the British flag and sing God Save the Queen. He didn't even put up a fight.
                Come to Santa Monica pier and say that to my face, George.

Comment

Luckily NY had it much easier than NJ last night into the morning. And what lower NY get in terms of snow isnt even that big of a deal. Buffalo NY once had a blizzard in October. Roofs were collapsing under the weight of the snow over there.
                  exactly my point

it would be silly and selfish for me to cry about 1 inch of snow in the south when people lose their homes to it up north

Comment

that fu*King sucks

at least you are alive

Comment

Originally posted by CRASH DUMMY View Post
                      Come to Santa Monica pier and say that to my face, George.
                      Sorry, I don't have access to private jets like you, the airports are closed and I don't have the money to just take off whenever I feel like. Visit me in NY in a few days, punk.

Comment

Working...
                      X