Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have You Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrownBomber1 View Post
    I've had it a few times. I was trying to shout onced to snap out of it and it feels as if something's got a hold of your internal organs in your neck or something .I always get a feeling as if something's grabbing my neck inside (asleep) but it's worse when you try to waken up and your mind's awake and it's as if your body still asleep .I'm sure I got told it's stress that does it and it says increased stress on wilkipedia
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis
    doctors can always try to explain it in a scientifical manner but we all know, the people that had this happen to that its not just "Sleep paralysis". its a demonic presence and only US can tell what it really is.

Comment

What a brilliant thread this is.

Comment

Originally posted by MEAT View Post
        doctors can always try to explain it in a scientifical manner but we all know, the people that had this happen to that its not just "Sleep paralysis". its a demonic presence and only US can tell what it really is.
        Whatever .I was bit embarassed to say but I was shouting for help onced and it sounded like hell to me , true story .For some reason you can hardly speak .I don't know if it was just I couldn't get the word help out because it felt like something had my tounge .It feels as if your swallowing your tounge as well or just dieing or something .I fought I was going into a deeper sleep that time , true story .That's why I was shouting .

Comment

Anybody seen the Jarhead movie ? He gets it on that .

Comment

Before i knew what sleep paralysis was i had experienced it 2 times. They were really creepy and horrible experiences and i asociated them with paranormal or demonic (i'm still not sure). As years passed i got to know what was the science beneath it and i started trying to find a way to control/cause it. With enough concentration before i go into deep sleep i can actually make my body completely paralyzed and then go into some kind of dream control where i can actually get up and walk around (it's a dream) and do anything i want as if i was actually getting up from being paralyzed. I'M STILL TRYING TO IMPROVE MY DREAM CONTROLLING SKILLS

Comment

I had this a couple of times when I was youngster. Horrible stuff, I couldn't even move my head or any part of my body for that matter. Hasn't happened to me for years now though.. (srs)

Comment

Originally posted by Jayseen View Post
                Before i knew what sleep paralysis was i had experienced it 2 times. They were really creepy and horrible experiences and i asociated them with paranormal or demonic (i'm still not sure). As years passed i got to know what was the science beneath it and i started trying to find a way to control/cause it. With enough concentration before i go into deep sleep i can actually make my body completely paralyzed and then go into some kind of dream control where i can actually get up and walk around (it's a dream) and do anything i want as if i was actually getting up from being paralyzed. I'M STILL TRYING TO IMPROVE MY DREAM CONTROLLING SKILLS
                I think this is different from SP,
                SP is more of a reality than a dream (coz in this state you're completely aware of whats happening around you and you're still there in the same room
                where you sleep, you can't do anything in this state rather than thinking what the **** is happening) its like waking up from a deep sleep and you'll realize that you can't move your entire body, which will cause you to panic and became delusional for a moment. (which i think is the reason why most of us are seeing things that we are not supposed to see)

I actually experience this since i was kid, and the last time was just last year. Whenever this **** happens to me, the first thing im trying to move is my TOES. I dont know why but that works for me.
                Last edited by Radke; 08-01-2011, 06:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Fan View Post
                  [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Teal"]
                  Now if SP can be scientifically explained away as just being an hallucination created by the human mind, then what would cause the "evil presence" I had experienced to immediately stop and go away after I had made the sign of the cross? Did something of the Divine nature save me? I really think so.
                  It works like the placebo effect.
                  If you are hallucinating, you natural instinct is to react with fear and confusion. Your brain treats the hallucination as real, and you see it as a manifestation of 'evil'
                  If you are religious, then you believe God and prayer are also real, and that God has the power to cast away all evil.
                  So its all in your head.
                  If you know the mechanics of why it happens, then why would God make demons disappear magically but not rapists, pedophiles or murderers?

How do you not its not a hallucination that appears to be totally real?

U think demons attack you when your sleeping.... the time when your brain dreams and conjures up imaginary visions? Strange coincidence isnt it?

Comment

Originally posted by The Noose View Post
                    It works like the placebo effect.
                    If you are hallucinating, you natural instinct is to react with fear and confusion. Your brain treats the hallucination as real, and you see it as a manifestation of 'evil'
                    Right. Technically the same i said in my earlier post.
                    Actually this is the one im seeing when im on the state of sleep paralysis.

this bastard never fails to scare the **** out of me, maybe some kind of childhood trauma that i can't get over, so she is the one im seeing whenever sleep paralysis attacks me.

At first i thought this is not common, But i read somewhere that everyone will experience this atleast once in their lifetime. I've experience this more than 10 times now and i just hope it will never happen again.

Comment

something else was there. something unexplainable, scientifically. our mind cant play with us for that long period of a time. that was like 10-15 mins long. i was awake too, reason why i jumped out the bed the second that presence disappeared.
                      Maybe one of you can relate to my description of this supposed "hallucination" that I've experienced. Anyway, this presence appeared to be translucent with a color similar to that of fire. It had orange, reddish hues to it that shimmered like flowing water with this repulsive looking head in the middle of it. I really can't describe the look of this ghoulish head. It's something I've never ever seen before. From what I can remember, it looked more horrifying than any of the horror characters in the movies. The size of this thing I would guess couldn't have been more than 3 feet in height. I was about 6 feet away from it.

As I kept viewing this thing, it seemed to be trying to communicate with me. I could see it moving its face and I'd have to say that it was trying to taunt me. I sensed some kind of laughter coming from this "entity" and it really spooked me. This was about the time in which I somehow made the sign of the cross and it went away. Very eerie. Has anyone seen something similar to this?

Comment

Working...
                      X