No announcement yet.

The Official God & Religion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
    Gerald Schroeder - orthodox Jewish physicist who believes in a young earth and attempts to explain away the fact that the universe is way older than this by using the time dilation effect of relativity.

I strongly suspect that you haven't watched this video because you wouldn't understand it.

I watched a little bit of this video. It's nonsense, there is no attempt at presenting actual evidence. It's use of semantic games based around the lexicon of physics. "Life knows it wants to reproduce... why is that?" No, "life" does not "know" it "wants" to reproduce. Life is a consequence of self replicating molecules in a competitive environment. No need for magical hoodoo in the sky to explain it.
    Why am I not surprised with your reply? Any staunch Atheist like yourself wouldn't ever agree with any "creationist" who presents a logical explanation to the creation of man.

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Fan View Post
      Why am I not surprised with your reply? Any staunch Atheist like yourself wouldn't ever agree with any "creationist" who presents a logical explanation to the creation of man.

There is nothing 'logical' about faith. It is the belief in things unseen. One CAN have an intelligent debate on faith and God, but not a logical one.

Comment

Gerald Schroeder - orthodox Jewish physicist who believes in a young earth and attempts to explain away the fact that the universe is way older than this by using the time dilation effect of relativity.

I strongly suspect that you haven't watched this video because you wouldn't understand it.

I watched a little bit of this video. It's nonsense, there is no attempt at presenting actual evidence. It's use of semantic games based around the lexicon of physics. "Life knows it wants to reproduce... why is that?" No, "life" does not "know" it "wants" to reproduce. Life is a consequence of self replicating molecules in a competitive environment. No need for magical hoodoo in the sky to explain it.
        'Scientific Proof of God' is a joke because it suggests that God-who by my belief created all things-must exist as part of and be dependent upon the system he created. That's absurd in my view. Moreover, you are reducing humanity, art, philosophy, good and evil to conveniences of chemistry.

It's a difficult paradigm to embrace if we believe we are alive and have value.
        Last edited by Nuurzhaelan; 07-27-2011, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Fan View Post

I'd be quite content to agree with one, if any were to exist.

Comment

The good book is HIS word ...

Comment

Originally posted by Nuurzhaelan View Post
              There is nothing 'logical' about faith. It is the belief in things unseen. One CAN have an intelligent debate on faith and God, but not a logical one.
              oooh i dont know. I wouldnt say faith is illogical. That would be like saying hope is illogical. I think we have faith in certain things and that its part of human nature.

Obviously having faith that your brother wont **** your wife and having faith that there is a God are quite different things.

In many ways i think religion has hijacked the word faith. You can have faith in your brother because you know him and believe he will resist the temptation of banging your big breasted slutty wife. Good faith. Based on trust.
              But faith in the existence of a being based on ignorance or pseudo science, or whatever, with no real evidence, that isnt really faith is it. Ignorance and self delusion maybe. Or psychological conditioning and indoctrination etc.

There are many examples of how it is logical to believe in things we cant see. Wind, atoms, all that quantum/dark matter *****.

Personally i think God is a Danish gaylord. And i defend his right to have a civil partnership with other Danish gaylord Gods. Now for ice cream.

Comment

Faith as defined by the religious essentially means believing in something with no good reason, and the less reason you have to believe it the more praiseworthy your belief is supposed to be.

Comment

Faith as defined by the religious essentially means believing in something with no good reason, and the less reason you have to believe it the more praiseworthy your belief is supposed to be.
                  What was that quote you posted that i said was 'ownarific'? Forgot what thread it was in.
                  Something along the same lines.

Comment

Originally posted by The Noose View Post
                    What was that quote you posted that i said was 'ownarific'? Forgot what thread it was in.
                    Something along the same lines.
                    Morality means doing what is right, no matter what you are told. Religion means doing what you are told no matter what is right.

Comment

Morality means doing what is right, no matter what you are told. Religion means doing what you are told no matter what is right.
                      Sweeet.

Take that Buddha u fat ****!!

Comment

Working...
                      X