No announcement yet.

China calls on US to retract Dalai Lama invite

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
    Well 100 dollar a barrel oil and the fact that it takes less than 8 months to start producing, has led to increased oil extraction from shale here in Texas:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/28/bu...pagewanted=all

Im actually glad to hear that I hadnt heard that story, but of course we need to get a lot more serious about it than a small part of Texas.But we've still got a long way to go. Yeah neither party is willing to cut government, it's what pisses me off the most about Republicans, that they keep claiming they will and never do.

No disrespect meant here, but its becoming increasingly unpopular to show common sense when running as a Republican. I have no issue with the party as a whole it just seems certain ones have found it beneficial to play to the crowd who hears less government handouts and votes so they can stick it the black man and those illegal mexicans. Its not reflective of the party as a whole, it just seems the more over the top you are the more coverage you receive. Neither party cares about principles and morals they do what they have to to get votes.
    2.2 million people in prison is ridiculous, expensive and a good place to start.

There is no reason to segregate non violent criminals from society.

Yeah, someone can have the best ideas in the world, but we're at a point now where you need to raise at least 500 million dollars to have a chance at winning, which is virtually impossible without the support of either party, or without making making yourself beholden to corporations, unions, special interest, etc. Not to mention a third party president would have to fight both parties in the house and senate.

Yeah, unfortunately I see it getting worse before it gets better. Its a game to these politicians, win at all costs, it doesnt matter the effect it has on the country as a whole as long as they get the win for themselves and their party. A third party president may have some luck because he wouldnt receive the hate the parties have for each other, but as soon as he agreed with one side the other would probably turn on him completely.

14.5 trillion in debt (somehow we went up from 14.3 without a ceiling increase) and 12 trillion in additional borrowing expected over the next decade, I just don't see how we survive that without much in the way of foreseeable growth to this economy.
    We're obviously heading downhill but apparently everyone is content with riding this motherfucker til the wheels fall off. Once we hit rock bottom though I expect things will change.

Comment

We got Israel to put Pakistan in it's place.

Comment

A war against China would be fought in China.... We would **** them up in the air and seas..... China wouldn't want that. They best keep their mouths shut.

Comment

Having a world war between the 2 strongest countries in the world would mean the world would be screwed.

i'd rather not see millions of deaths when china and the usa fire off thousands of long range nuclear missiles at each other causing nuclear winters all round.

I dunno what is the point of debating if us or china wins. The outcome would mean millions of deaths and it would be terrible on the world imo.

It took years to recover from world war 2 and i definately don't wanna see a WW3 in my lifetime.

At the end of the day, i doubt anybody can destroy thousands of nuclear enhanced missiles coming their way...it's just not technologically possible atm imo.

But i'm glad oil prices are rising in the us. At least now hopefully the usa can sort out it's carbon footprint.

Also, the usa love to meddle in foreign affairs. They created the taliban and of course there is taiwan and tibet. The problem is guant bay....you can't preach human rights when you already committed huge violations. That's the problem with politics...you are messing around with other peoples' business.
          Last edited by Xercen; 07-16-2011, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X