No announcement yet.

Problem In Job!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pretty Boy1 View Post
    I could have added that mail but I was trying to make a point. The girl that brought it down always brings it down at the last minute and I'm always scrambling about getting it added to the stuff I've packed. It worked aswell as she brought her mail down at half 4 instead of after 5 like usual today. My main problem is this old guy keeps questioning my work and what I do and lecturing me about things like this. He's not a manager and is the same level as me. For ages I've let it go over my head and bit my tongue. But recently especially today I could feel the anger building and it's really getting to me. I can't hit him because he's old and I would get fired and I don't want a bad atmosphere at work.
    Bolded part makes a BIG difference. It seems like your complaint is just and, honestly, even though it is not the most prudential thing to make points such as the one you did, I probably would have done the exact same thing. The guy is obviously an ass and has control issues.

Don't be combative, though. That will play into his manipulations. It is possible he has his read on you already and could be playing you for any number of reasons. Just keep doing your job efficiently. Without knowing your office politics and who are allies and who are not (as you mention, no one is trustworthy, kinda a toxic environment from the start) you might just firmly and resolutely tell him, 'I do my work efficiently and conscientiously. If you have a complaint, you know how to make it. Please refrain from telling me how to do my job and I will not report you for not doing yours.'

Comment

give him a *******

Comment

Originally posted by Nuurzhaelan View Post
        Bolded part makes a BIG difference. It seems like your complaint is just and, honestly, even though it is not the most prudential thing to make points such as the one you did, I probably would have done the exact same thing. The guy is obviously an ass and has control issues.

Don't be combative, though. That will play into his manipulations. It is possible he has his read on you already and could be playing you for any number of reasons. Just keep doing your job efficiently. Without knowing your office politics and who are allies and who are not (as you mention, no one is trustworthy, kinda a toxic environment from the start) you might just firmly and resolutely tell him, 'I do my work efficiently and conscientiously. If you have a complaint, you know how to make it. Please refrain from telling me how to do my job and I will not report you for not doing yours.'
        Thanks for the advice. I was going to confront him tomorrow and tell him to back off but I'm gonna leave it until he says something like this again, (probably next week), then I'm going to tell him something similar to what you have bolded. Hopefully then he will back off a bit. I don't know why it bothers him I didn't do the mail because if I got pulled up for not doing my job properly it's on my head not his.

Comment

Originally posted by Coca Cobra View Post
          give him a *******
          That's not really my style!

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy1 View Post
            That's not really my style!
            it will shut him up though

Comment

Originally posted by Coca Cobra View Post
              it will shut him up though
              I doubt it as he would still be talkin ****, if I made him swallow my load then he would shut up as he would have his mouth full but then I would have to chop my meat off in disgust at him having his mouth on it!!

Comment

Originally posted by TRAV1$ View Post
                If you can continue with the way things are going and would rather avoid any confrontation, don't say anything
                If you're sick of the way he's speaking to you, tell him.
                Pretty much my exact thoughts. But if you feel the need to confront him, try to remain as professional as possible.

Comment

boxing forum trolling during office hours is making you less productive for sure.

Comment

I'd be like...

1st off, get the **** outta my face unless 6 feet under looks good to you already. I mean i can send my foot priority first class up that ass.

2nd, you can't fire me, it's not like your doing your job perfect. don't be ****in mad at me because you gotta wear diapers again.

Thats me though, you should probably just snitch em him to the high up's if you like your job but I would never let some punk ass old man talk down to me.

Comment

Originally posted by h4te View Post
                      Pretty much my exact thoughts. But if you feel the need to confront him, try to remain as professional as possible.
                      I'll wait until he says something again then I'll tell him to mind his business. I'll keep calm and professional though!

Originally posted by brick wall View Post
                      boxing forum trolling during office hours is making you less productive for sure.
                      My work in early afternoon doesn't take long, I look at Boxingscene in between work but I put it off at 4 when mail starts coming in.

Comment

Working...
                      X