No announcement yet.

Army of widows, orphans trail US Iraq war

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D.I.E.S.E.L View Post
    Depends on the war and what's to gain. If a war is going longer than usual because of a lie/mistake, winning is 'toughing' it out for as long as possible and make up things as time goes on to justify the time spent.
    don't take over iraq , take over iraq.

leave asap , stay as long as possible.

either would have its critics.

everyone gets on the "WMD" talk as a reason for the war but in reality there were tons of other reasons. WMD is just what they used to convince the U.N.

people forget now what a pain in the ass saddam hussein was post-1st gulf war.

people forget all the times , the u.s. had to mobilize everytime he massed troops on the kuwaiti/saudi border and he did this on a regular basis to jerk us around.

people mention all the billions spent fighting the war but we were spending billions just sitting around in the gulf anyway because of his constant threats to kuwait and the saudis who we signed defense treaties with.

also am i the only one who remember he tried to assassinate george bush sr. in kuwait?

not everything is black and white. things are not always as simple as right and wrong.

losing a war doesn't automatically make the war wrong just as winning one doesn't automatically make it right.

people make it seem like this war is somehow more "wrong" or more "unjust" than others.

world history is littered with wars that were much , much worse and fought for less.

people just sensationalize to try to make their own little political views.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
      don't take over iraq , take over iraq.

leave asap , stay as long as possible.

either would have its critics.

everyone gets on the "WMD" talk as a reason for the war but in reality there were tons of other reasons. WMD is just what they used to convince the U.N.

people forget now what a pain in the ass saddam hussein was post-1st gulf war.

people forget all the times , the u.s. had to mobilize everytime he massed troops on the kuwaiti/saudi border and he did this on a regular basis to jerk us around.

people mention all the billions spent fighting the war but we were spending billions just sitting around in the gulf anyway because of his constant threats to kuwait and the saudis who we signed defense treaties with.

also am i the only one who remember he tried to assassinate george bush sr. in kuwait?

not everything is black and white. things are not always as simple as right and wrong.

losing a war doesn't automatically make the war wrong just as winning one doesn't automatically make it right.

people make it seem like this war is somehow more "wrong" or more "unjust" than others.

world history is littered with wars that were much , much worse and fought for less.

people just sensationalize to try to make their own little political views.
      Tua, we don't really see eye to eye but still you're one of my favourite overweight pinoys in here.

But....
      That war was and likely always will be remembered as a disaster.. Perhaps it's because Saddam got overthrown 20 years too late... perhaps it's something else. But the 03' Operation Iraqi Freedom should not have happened.

The timing, the intel, the finances, the lack of planning foresight made it a trainwreck for everyone to this day.

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Champ View Post
        Tua, we don't really see eye to eye but still you're one of my favourite overweight pinoys in here.

But....
        That war was and likely always will be remembered as a disaster.. Perhaps it's because Saddam got overthrown 20 years too late... perhaps it's something else. But the 03' Operation Iraqi Freedom should not have happened.

The timing, the intel, the finances, the lack of planning foresight made it a trainwreck for everyone to this day.
        i don't really care about defending it. i'm not george w. bush.

i just like to point out not everything is black and white.

countries go to war. just how it is. been that way since the dawn of time.

countries go to war for economic and political interests. the value/worth of those interests depends on who is doing the valuing.

overthrowing saddam 20 years earlier was NOT a good thing.

iraq and iran was going at it at the time. everyone and their mama (except the ayatollahs) was hoping for iraq.

iran was very scary for the entire middle east at the time from the jews in israel to the shieks in oman , abu dhabi , etc.

the biggest problem i had about the whole war is how they executed the take over.

the military side to defeat the iraqi regulars was very good and as show quite adequate.

the troops however was not large enough for the task of taking the country over.

big difference between having a large enough force to destroy the enemy army and having a large enough force to take over the country.

don't know why they didn't keep the iraqi army together to help enforce the law and keep stability in iraq. when saddam fell , all the crazies came out of the woodworks.

Comment

Who cares about the excuse of weapons of mass destruction when they stopped the mass murder going on there under Saddam. It was almost as bad a Hitler.

Here are many mass graves found full of women and children, if this is what they stopped I am glad!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/1474...s-in-Iraq.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...ass-grave.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...ssed-them.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...ave-found.html

Comment

It's real easy to brush of what another country that actually had the war at their doorsteps say, when you're American. I'm an American but I do not do that. I feel with all my heart for those countries that we invade and destroy. But even worse is that they use middle class and poor people taxes to rebuild those places while the richest people here pay a few republicans around a mill a pop to make sure it stays that way.

War isn't pretty, death is the major factor in war. A country sporting one of the greatest air forces on the planet dropping bombs like rain drops are going to kill many innocent people. But we'll never hear them admit that. Remember 9-11, now imagine that, only 90% worse, that's what I feel those people go through and I'm ashamed America turns a blind eye to it.

Comment

Originally posted by RINGG View Post
              Who cares about the excuse of weapons of mass destruction when they stopped the mass murder going on there under Saddam. It was almost as bad a Hitler.

Here are many mass graves found full of women and children, if this is what they stopped I am glad!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/1474...s-in-Iraq.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...ass-grave.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...ssed-them.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...ave-found.html
              And what about the mass graves that were created from the war? An eye for an eye will make the whole world go blind!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                It's real easy to brush of what another country that actually had the war at their doorsteps say, when you're American. I'm an American but I do not do that. I feel with all my heart for those countries that we invade and destroy. But even worse is that they use middle class and poor people taxes to rebuild those places while the richest people here pay a few republicans around a mill a pop to make sure it stays that way.

War isn't pretty, death is the major factor in war. A country sporting one of the greatest air forces on the planet dropping bombs like rain drops are going to kill many innocent people. But we'll never hear them admit that. Remember 9-11, now imagine that, only 90% worse, that's what I feel those people go through and I'm ashamed America turns a blind eye to it.
                most of the casualties of this war wasn't from bombs being dropped by planes tbh.

in fact , a majority of the casualties in iraq hasn't even involved american or british or allied troops.

the biggest mistake americans made was not that they killed so many iraqis to be fair.

the biggest mistake americans made is not being able to stop the iraqis from killing each other and other foreigners from killing iraqis.

the americans wanted to make iraq a big experiment. experiment with new military tactics , new military equipment , etc.

like i said before , having a large enough force to beat the iraqi army doesn't necessarily mean having a large enough force to control iraq.

saddam had a million soldiers , policemen , secret police , death squads , etc. to keep iraq under his control.

we tried to do it with a mere fraction of that amount and utterly ****ed it up.

Comment

Originally posted by RINGG View Post
                  Who cares about the excuse of weapons of mass destruction when they stopped the mass murder going on there under Saddam.
                  Saddam did cause unnecessary deaths and suffering, but he was similar to a lot of dictators the US continues to support around the world. Had he been a friend of Israel and the US, we never would have seen much in the media about his harsh repression of the Kurds.

If you compare the number of deaths and debilitating injuries caused by the Iraq War, it is at least a hundred times worse than anything Saddam ever did.

Both Saddam Hussein and George W Bush committed war crimes. But when you look at the numbers, it's obvious Bush caused far more suffering. He killed, crippled and blinded far more people than Saddam ever did.

But you won't see the photographs of THOSE mass graves in the Western media.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                    Saddam did cause unnecessary deaths and suffering, but he was similar to a lot of dictators the US continues to support around the world. Had he been a friend of Israel and the US, we never would have seen much in the media about his harsh repression of the Kurds.

If you compare the number of deaths and debilitating injuries caused by the Iraq War, it is at least a hundred times worse than anything Saddam ever did.

Both Saddam Hussein and George W Bush committed war crimes. But when you look at the numbers, it's obvious Bush caused far more suffering. He killed, crippled and blinded far more people than Saddam ever did.

But you won't see the photographs of THOSE mass graves in the Western media.
                    saddam hussein ordered use chemical weapons on kurds and iranians.

no matter how bad you think george w. bush is and how badly american troops acted in theater.

i don't think you can compare the two.

to do so is just ignorant and doesn't serve your propaganda purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom.
                      George W Bush used weapons of mass destruction on Iraq.

He killed and maimed about 100 times as many people than Saddam.

There's no good reason for you to lick Bush's ass the way you do. Saddam was bad, but Bush was worse.
                      You really believe that(bolded)Tunney?

Comment

Working...
                      X