Oklahoma Pharmacist Who Killed Armed Robber Gets Life

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
    Of course the first shot was justified.

People react differently to different situations, sometimes you get out of control and there's nothing you can do about it.

I could never convict of anyone of murder 1 for that. First off, it never happens if they dont run in to his place of business and stick a gun in his face. At worst murder 2. You shouldn't get murder 1 for instances that happen within 90 seconds of your life being threatened- especially if we don't know the whole story. It'n not like he sat down, cooled off, called police, and then decided he's gonna blast the kid.

Maybe this dude's been robbed a number of times, maybe he's on meds, maybe a million things could be going on.

This is a price you may have to pay if you do the crime. Mothafukas might go crazy on your ass, you rob the wrong guy. 20 years seems fair to me for dude because he's still a free man doing his thing if those kids didn't try to rob him and threaten his life.

I wonder what the other kid got as far as time.
    I hear you Walt but emotion doesn't excuse what he did.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
      I don't have enough points to gift you another Dildo .. for this post

edit: nvm
      dont involve me with your kiddie ****....

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
        No disrespect but you are simplifying this too much. What he did was premeditated murder and that's why he got life in prison.

Like I said before, we as a society cannot excuse emotion. Because I am angry doesn't mean I'm less guilty of a murder.

He was justified in the first shooting, they tried to rob him and one of the kids was armed with a gun.

When he decided to go to the back room and get ANOTHER gun and then shoot the helpless kid on the ground after he had already been shot (and wasn't the one armed by the way) he committed premeditated murder.

I will say it again, the penalty for robbery is NOT death in this country. You can't just go around executing people because you are angry.

If you were to react the same way, then you would be guilty of the same thing no matter how angry you were.
        I don't like it and think the kid had it coming but your right

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
          that's the thing. people are so adamant that it was premeditated. really a couple of kids just bust into his place of business pointing guns at him. what kind of mental state is he in? most people in here would **** their pants and cry tbh in the same situation.

the accomplice should get murder.

he commited a crime that resulted in a death.

it doesn't matter if the guy who died is his crimey or not.

you got it. he gets life, pharmacist gets 20 for losing his shi t and getting ANOTHER gun and emptying into a shot kid on the floor- that was only there because the kid decided to bust in and rob the pharmacy.

Comment

No disrespect but you are simplifying this too much. What he did was premeditated murder and that's why he got life in prison.

Like I said before, we as a society cannot excuse emotion. Because I am angry doesn't mean I'm less guilty of a murder.

He was justified in the first shooting, they tried to rob him and one of the kids was armed with a gun.

When he decided to go to the back room and get ANOTHER gun and then shoot the helpless kid on the ground after he had already been shot (and wasn't the one armed by the way) he committed premeditated murder.

I will say it again, the penalty for robbery is NOT death in this country. You can't just go around executing people because you are angry.

If you were to react the same way, then you would be guilty of the same thing no matter how angry you were.
            ehhh.....

you keep saying penalty for robbery is this , penalty for stealing is that.

if they had shot him , is that still robbery?

if they had killed him , is that still stealing?

yeah because the pharmacist knew they weren't gonna kill him? the pharmacist knew it was just a simple robbery?

the man is not a cop. the man is not a judge.

he was a guy minding his own business and a bunch of punks pulled a gun on him.

yeah he killed a kid. yeah he went overboard.

but that's not fucking murder.

he didn't walk into work expecting to kill a few a kids that day.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
              I don't like it and think the kid had it coming but your right
              And I hear you man, I really do. I feel bad for the old man, but he went overboard.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
                you got it. he gets life, pharmacist gets 20 for losing his shi t and getting ANOTHER gun and emptying into a shot kid on the floor- that was only there because the kid decided to bust in and rob the pharmacy.
                even 20 much in my opinion.

give him a couple of years in jail and maybe 5 years probation or something.

just to let people know you don't go overboard in these situations.

but to charge him with murder is too much for a situation not of his doing or his plan.

Comment

And I hear you man, I really do. I feel bad for the old man, but he went overboard.
                  He did, getting overly emotional doesn't excuse him thinking a few seconds to get another gun and plug this idiot a few more times.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                    ehhh.....

you keep saying penalty for robbery is this , penalty for stealing is that.

if they had shot him , is that still robbery?

if they had killed him , is that still stealing?

yeah because the pharmacist knew they weren't gonna kill him? the pharmacist knew it was just a simple robbery?

the man is not a cop. the man is not a judge.

he was a guy minding his own business and a bunch of punks pulled a gun on him.

yeah he killed a kid. yeah he went overboard.

but that's not fucking murder.

he didn't walk into work expecting to kill a few a kids that day.
                    Left Hook you need to understand one thing about the American judicial system that you are not going to like.

It's not about justice or truth, it's about the legality of the case and proving it in a court of law.

The old man was justified in his first shooting, I'm with you 100% there. Those kids were wrong and were committing a crime in what they did. The old man had a right to defend his life and his store, that's why him shooting the first time was completely justified and if he would have left it at that, he wouldn't be serving a minute in prison.

The problem is, you like most other people are interjecting emotion into this and somehow justifying the old man murdering the kid because the kid came in to rob him. I feel you on what you are saying but when the old man went back after the first gun jammed and got another gun and then walked up on the kid and shot him when he was on the floor bleeding, it was the definition of PREMEDITATED MURDER.

He thought about getting the gun, loading it and then coming out with the intention of killing the kid when he was no longer a threat.

We all have a right to defend ourselves but again, we can't go around executing people because we are angry no matter what they do SHORT of endangering our lives. In that moment, the kid was no longer a threat to the old man. He was laying on the floor, not moving.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                      He did, getting overly emotional doesn't excuse him thinking a few seconds to get another gun and plug this idiot a few more times.
                      lol

overly emotional.

a bunch of kids pulled a gun on him and he just got into a shootout (probably the 1st time he ever fired the gun at anything other than a paper target)

i think he's entitled to be "overly emotional"

lmao

you have cops and soldiers who are trained going cuckoo because of situations like this and you guys act like a pharmacist was pmsing or something.

Comment

Working...
                      X