No announcement yet.

I cant afford to eat!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BikerDude View Post
    What is your situation man? Kinda feel sorry for you.

Buy anything on offer, heck I have seen outside supermarket's, people raiding their bins which has ot of date stuff, but lots of it is good apparently.
    Well im just a student and im looking for weekend or bar work to help me out, right now i can pay my rent and have very little left over, and im not even drinking, i mean i go out and buy maybe one pint, other than that all my mates prop me up but i feel lousy for putting on them, they say they dont mind cause they work full time but still...

I have lost nearly 15kg since i went back to school because i cant afford to eat and that makes me too tired to go to the gym, i need some work badly but there just isnt any

Comment

There's nothing wrong with eating rice every day, there's something wrong with eating rice every day by itself.

You have to eat rice with meat and vegetables. Rice is a carb, you gotta eat with proteins which meat gives you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brick-Top! View Post
        Well im just a student and im looking for weekend or bar work to help me out, right now i can pay my rent and have very little left over, and im not even drinking, i mean i go out and buy maybe one pint, other than that all my mates prop me up but i feel lousy for putting on them, they say they dont mind cause they work full time but still...

I have lost nearly 15kg since i went back to school because i cant afford to eat and that makes me too tired to go to the gym, i need some work badly but there just isnt any
        That sucks. I had a meal card back in college and they had a pretty decent buffet, you could make your own waffles for breakfast and have them cook stirfry and stuff fresh for lunch and dinner. Instate tuition in Arizona was pretty cheap, as was the dorm and meal card.

Other than Top Ramen, rice, potatoes, chicken legs/thighs and hamburgers using bread for buns, don't know what to tell you, except good luck finding a part time job.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
          That sucks. I had a meal card back in college and they had a pretty decent buffet, you could make your own waffles for breakfast and have them cook stirfry and stuff fresh for lunch and dinner. Instate tuition in Arizona was pretty cheap, as was the dorm and meal card.

Other than Top Ramen, rice, potatoes, chicken legs/thighs and hamburgers using bread for buns, don't know what to tell you, except good luck finding a part time job.
          This...my first quarter I had the meal card and ate GOOD! Ask somebody at the school, I'm pretty sure there's some options for you there, either work-study or some kind of aid.

Ramen's always a good choice. Chicken drumsticks are very cheap. 3-4 bucks for a plate. Frozen burritos, pizza, veggies. Italian sausages w/ eggs and rice.

Comment

if youre REALLY in need of food, just get rice and pasta. THE cheapest foods you can eat, price to sustenance ratio.

say goodbye to meat and dairy, too expensive.

peanut butter is one of the cheapest forms of protein you can get, get a tub of the crunchy kind from WalMart and you should be OK for a while. peanut butter sandwiches will be a mainstay of your diet, go ahead and get some jam or jelly(or chocolate syrup) if youre feeling rich.

ramen is one of the cheapest things ever. it gets old, but if youre really hungry....

I dont know if they still offer them, but there used to be something called 'patio' burritos in the frozen foods section. disgusting burritos for 33 cents each. get em.

there are usually mid sized pizzas for 1.25 each in frozen section as well in walmart. they fill you up surprisingly well. more so with two of them.

Dennys has a deal thats all you can eat pancakes for 4 bucks. stay there all day.

Oliver Garden and Cicis are also options for buffets. 5 bucks can get you all you can eat pizza+salad at cicis, and you can get all you can eat soup and breadsticks at olive garden. only order the soup, its free refills(make sure you ask first).

Eggs are very cheap as well. keep them in mind. an big pack can go a pretty long way if you ration them.

go with groups of people out to eat. people are ******ed and dont eat all their food. eat theirs if they dont eat it. youre poor, its OK.

if youre desperate go to coscos on weekends(I think...). they have free samples. abuse it. fuk em.

tell me if you need more guidelines.

edit: OH! Oatmeal. You can get a huge ass thing of it for very little money. and its supposed to be very good for you too.
            Last edited by Steak; 05-23-2011, 10:49 PM.

Comment

I know how you feel man, my car died and it raped me of my savings fixing the bastard (i'm at uni too). I had 37 dollars to last me the fortnight for food. I bought cheap ass lamb with a couple of curry mixes, a bag of potatoes and carrots then cooked them in the slow cooker all day. Ate it with some rice and it managed to last me 5 meals. Basically any cheap meal you can make with rice/pasta is great. In aus they have mi goreng, which I think is the equivalent to raman noodles over there? I also just stayed at my gf house as much as possible. Cheap meat if you cook it in the slow cooker will still taste great, stir fry's are still pretty delicious and cheap to make, can get all the ingredients for like $10 and it should last you about 5 meals if you dont eat until you can't eat anymore. Good luck man!

Comment

what is the deal with Ramen?

i get that they are noodles but is there some cheap sauce you put with them or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Brick-Top! View Post
                  what is the deal with Ramen?

i get that they are noodles but is there some cheap sauce you put with them or something?
                  they come with packets of beef or chicken that are kind of like bouillon cubes. I think theres also shrimp and oriental flavors. after or while the noodles are cooking you add that spice packet and it adds a bit of taste to the noodles, kind of like chicken or beef stock sort of thing. so its sort of like really cheap chicken noodle soup, without meat.

theyre like 10 cents a cube. you can add stuff to them to make them taste better.

Comment

I did some noodles and vegges for breakfast, not the best but not bad either, think i might go stay at my folks for a week and feed myself up and bring some food back with me.

Otherwise i bought a big bag of flour and sugar so im gonna knock up a load of biscuits and stuff, whatever gets me through till i get a job

Comment

The cheapest and healthiest form of protein is beans.. go to the store. buy a bag of whatever kind of goya beans you want.. soak them in water and cook them.. for 2 dollars itll last you for like 3 days.. i beans are healthy..

PB is Ok.. not in excess

Comment

Working...
                      X