Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This guy in my gym stopped talking to me because I wear Vibram fivefingers.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by triggerhapppy View Post
    I'm not a body building meat head. I want to do it naturally.

Comment

Originally posted by triggerhapppy View Post
      I have the komodo sport, treksport, sprints, and the KSO.
      Ah well as long as you're not wearing the classics they make you look like a total sandal wearing headbanger. With those you just look like a questionable healthnut.

I quite like the look of the treks to be honest but the classics lol:

Comment

Lol @ the hate for a pair of shoes. I'm bousta get a pair just to piss some people off...nah I'm playing. I've been wanting those tho just to rebuild my lower legs, feet, and just for training.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
          THOSE shoes scream douchebag..... Sad but true.
          Originally posted by Derranged View Post
          Those shoes suck. Seriously.

Also, Miami-Dade >>> Broward
          Originally posted by h4te View Post
          Those shoes are stupid. Just the latest trend among gym goers and fitness gurus. However they aren't as ridiculous as those stupid shape-up/bosu ball shoes that claim to tone your ass.

I don't see how they [vibram] develop your legs either. That's a load of bull****.
          might as well go workout barefeet. those monkey feet shoes are hidious. i agree with diesel. i would wanna drop a 45 lb'r on that douchebags feet if one ever do curls next to me this is a trend similar to the dbags wearin those giant Beats headphones. like really?! u need to hear music quality that bad, u had to wear those giant tiaras? :wt:

Comment

Originally posted by MEAT View Post
            might as well go workout barefeet. those monkey feet shoes are hidious. i agree with diesel. i would wanna drop a 45 lb'r on that douchebags feet if one ever do curls next to me this is a trend similar to the dbags wearin those giant Beats headphones. like really?! u need to hear music quality that bad, u had to wear those giant tiaras? :wt:
            Ima kick you with my vibrams next time I see u!

Comment

great shoes, really you have to own a pair to understand their greatness......but ill attempt to explain it.

your toes operate on the same mechanics as your ankles. when you run in these it allows your individual toes to straighten out and push off while running.

your toes spread apart, when you run in these the spreading of you toes absorbs some of the shock from when you put your foot down.

these advantages allow you to run comfortably for prolonged distances while only touching the ground with the front section of your foot.

running while only touching the ground with the front section of your foot is one hell of a work out for the calf area of your legs.

in normal running shoes when running with the front of your foot your toes tend to bunch up uncomfortably in the front of your shoe, in the 5 fingers there is no bunching up the supprot at the ankle and the support between each toe keeps this from happening. this allows your toes to straighten and fully work as the extra springs and shock absorbers as i described above.

there are things that you will never be able to replicate in a normal pair of running shoes that you get with the vibram 5 fingers.

as far as dropping weights? what do you wear when lifting weights? steel toe boots? theres really not much protection on most athletic shoes....if you get 50 lbs dropped on your foot its going to hurt with most any kind of shoe you would wear on the tread mill.

as far as the guy not talking to you any more, i go to the gym to work out, not have conversations. the guy sounds like he needs to meet people outside of the gym.

Comment

I don't mind seeing someone wearing it while they jog but seeing at the gym? It annoys me, idk seems obnoxious as if that person has a sense of entitlement:" i.e I have these shoes on so I'm in better shape than you cause its better for me, you should get them too!...

I wear Nike Free Tr Shoes(Grey&Red Combo), the best athletic type shoe I've ever bought; fresh look, comfortable, flexible. Simple.
                http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/?l=sh...55/pgid-301838

Comment

Originally posted by D.I.E.S.E.L View Post
                  I don't mind seeing someone wearing it while they jog but seeing at the gym? It annoys me, idk seems obnoxious as if that person has a sense of entitlement:" i.e I have these shoes on so I'm in better shape than you cause its better for me, you should get them too!...

I wear Nike Free Tr Shoes(Grey&Red Combo), the best athletic type shoe I've ever bought; fresh look, comfortable, flexible. Simple.
                  http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/?l=sh...55/pgid-301838

people tend to wear them on tread mills and people tend not to own tread mills. its hard to run long distance with them on. Im sure if you went out to do a 6 mile jog at the local park with some one who wears the 5 fingers they would not be wearing them to go for the 6 mile jog.

there is no im in better shape then you attitude but there is a "ive experienced this and you havnt, clearly your in better shape then me so if you try them perhaps youll be in even better shape then you allready are."

its more of a helpful attitude then a critiquing one.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus Sully View Post
                    great shoes, really you have to own a pair to understand their greatness......but ill attempt to explain it.

your toes operate on the same mechanics as your ankles. when you run in these it allows your individual toes to straighten out and push off while running.

your toes spread apart, when you run in these the spreading of you toes absorbs some of the shock from when you put your foot down.

these advantages allow you to run comfortably for prolonged distances while only touching the ground with the front section of your foot.

running while only touching the ground with the front section of your foot is one hell of a work out for the calf area of your legs.

in normal running shoes when running with the front of your foot your toes tend to bunch up uncomfortably in the front of your shoe, in the 5 fingers there is no bunching up the supprot at the ankle and the support between each toe keeps this from happening. this allows your toes to straighten and fully work as the extra springs and shock absorbers as i described above.

there are things that you will never be able to replicate in a normal pair of running shoes that you get with the vibram 5 fingers.

as far as dropping weights? what do you wear when lifting weights? steel toe boots? theres really not much protection on most athletic shoes....if you get 50 lbs dropped on your foot its going to hurt with most any kind of shoe you would wear on the tread mill.

as far as the guy not talking to you any more, i go to the gym to work out, not have conversations. the guy sounds like he needs to meet people outside of the gym.
                    When I used to run, I always tried to force myself on my toes. Not an easy task when most shoes are designed for you to hit the ground with your heels and roll onto your toes.

Have you tested your agility or jumping ability after wearing these for awhile?

Comment

Originally posted by -The Glove- View Post
                      When I used to run, I always tried to force myself on my toes. Not an easy task when most shoes are designed for you to hit the ground with your heels and roll onto your toes.

Have you tested your agility or jumping ability after wearing these for awhile?
                      not really, i only wear them for my 2-3 miles and take them off. since ive been wearing them my legs are stronger but ive never really looked to see if i can jump higher, and ive allways been quite agile. i guess im alittle better at sprinting across boulder fields.

mainly i find it easier to stay on the balls of my feet with my foot work.

Comment

Working...
                      X