No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones [TV] Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by _original_ View Post
    Lol I use to love both of those shows as a kid, Xena was probably the first tv character that gave me a boner lol.
    Yeah, she was hella' hot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Floyd Junior View Post
      They're doing the right thing by not overusing the dragons. This isn't a c-level Hercules or Xena Warrior Princess show. Quality, guys. Not Quantity.
      1. ive never seen any of those shows.
      2. thanks for outing your fapping pleasure of the 90s.
      3. have you ever heard or seen anybody watching anything dragon related and say:

"geez, that's too much dragon"

4. no you have not.
      5. stupid liberal cuckmeister.
      6. no offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post
        3. have you ever heard or seen anybody watching anything dragon related and say:

4. no you have not.
        6. no offense.

exactly...those dragons need to be shown in every episode...even if its just a scene of someone feeding their asses

Comment

4. no you have not.
          6. no offense.
          Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
          exactly...those dragons need to be shown in every episode...even if its just a scene of someone feeding their asses
          can you red k that mongrel?

im saving mine for NSB.

thanks in advance mak.

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS View Post

Hold the door was mind blowing. The writers had said before that was one of things that blew their minds, when they were talking to GRRM and he explained what Hodor means and the how/why, the fat kid actor ****ing nailed it btw, props to that kid he was awesome. But anyways regarding bran and the time travel, it seems to be a closed loop, like he affected the past yet it already happened, so we enter a deep paradox here.

So to further this comment of mine obviously we're entering free will versus destiny and ****. I just found this from a theoretical physicist that sides with how I interpreted it:
            Tech Insider spoke to Sean Carroll, a theoretical physicist at Caltech who studies time.

"Bran is in two places at one time, or rather, two times at the same time," Carroll said.

Bran's powers create a bridge between the two time periods.

"He's in the past with young Hodor, and somehow there's a connection made between the young Hodor and Hodor in the present moment," Carroll explained. "And with the fear of zombies catching them and running away, somehow that all gets transmitted to the younger Hodor, so young Hodor goes into a seizure."

Whoa. Hodor, Hodor.

"Young Hodor is getting an impression of holding the door and that's giving him a seizure, and henceforth he can only say 'Hodor,'" Carroll said. "He goes on to serve the Starks, later becoming the very person sending that mental impression to his younger self."

So did Bran change the course of history in Westeros?

"The short way of saying this is, he didn't change the past, he affected the past," Carroll said. "There's only one past, and only one Hodor that had that seizure."

[...]

"Interestingly, once you allow time travel into your universe, rather than saying everything that happens has as source," Carroll explained, "you're asking that everything is consistent, and that everything is actually information circling around in time without a source."

This is known as a consistent causal loop. People in later times come back to alter the events of the past, but this is consistent with how these events later play out, creating that future that sends back the time travelers.

Contrast that with an inconsistent causal loop, which occurs in Back to the Future. Marty and Doc's meddling in the past changes the course of history, causing some time travel-induced family photo editing. Unlike a consistent loop, this — along with the classic "become your own ancestor" trope — is a time-travel paradox.

[...]

"[Bran] has free will in the sense that, if you don't know what's going to happen, you have a choice," Carroll said. "But after it happened, no one has free will."

In other words, Bran had a choice until he made it.

"From a physicist perspective, you have free will to the extent that you can make choices," he added. "But in the sense that those choices need to be consistent, you do not."

http://www.techinsider.io/game-of-th...physics-2016-5

-----------

I think Bran and 3ER can tap into Weirwood.net which essentially records history and what he can "see" in the past is all connected to the Weirwood network. Most of these trees were cut down so he's limited to certain areas (they were widespread and covered everywhere until the invasion of Westeros by the Andals/Faith of the Seven ****s) so what he's seeing is recorded history, the ink is dry. 3ER/Bloodraven already said he tried to change the past and it's not possible.

There is a new theory I'm working on for the end game and it's kinda mind blowing in a sense but I don't want to talk about it just yet. But I assure some of you, changing the past to fix things isn't it. Sure, maybe there will be a couple other Brann/Hodor moments, where he "effects" the past which already happened (closed loop, time paradox), but it wont be "fixing" anything. Bran is extremely important but not the sole character I would say. His role is going to be something crazy but I believe his role is to be a bridge between The Nights King and someone/something else. There was an old pact that was broken...there's more to the White Walkers than simply kill humans and GRRM has confirmed it's not going to be so cut & dry about what is evil and what is good.
            Last edited by ИATAS; 05-25-2016, 02:16 PM.

Comment

So to further this comment of mine obviously we're entering free will versus destiny and ****. I just found this from a theoretical physicist that sides with how I interpreted it:

Tech Insider spoke to Sean Carroll, a theoretical physicist at Caltech who studies time.

"Bran is in two places at one time, or rather, two times at the same time," Carroll said.

"He's in the past with young Hodor, and somehow there's a connection made between the young Hodor and Hodor in the present moment," Carroll explained. "And with the fear of zombies catching them and running away, somehow that all gets transmitted to the younger Hodor, so young Hodor goes into a seizure."

Whoa. Hodor, Hodor.

"Young Hodor is getting an impression of holding the door and that's giving him a seizure, and henceforth he can only say 'Hodor,'" Carroll said. "He goes on to serve the Starks, later becoming the very person sending that mental impression to his younger self."

"The short way of saying this is, he didn't change the past, he affected the past," Carroll said. "There's only one past, and only one Hodor that had that seizure."

[...]

"Interestingly, once you allow time travel into your universe, rather than saying everything that happens has as source," Carroll explained, "you're asking that everything is consistent, and that everything is actually information circling around in time without a source."

This is known as a consistent causal loop. People in later times come back to alter the events of the past, but this is consistent with how these events later play out, creating that future that sends back the time travelers.

Contrast that with an inconsistent causal loop, which occurs in Back to the Future. Marty and Doc's meddling in the past changes the course of history, causing some time travel-induced family photo editing. Unlike a consistent loop, this — along with the classic "become your own ancestor" trope — is a time-travel paradox.

[...]

"[Bran] has free will in the sense that, if you don't know what's going to happen, you have a choice," Carroll said. "But after it happened, no one has free will."

"From a physicist perspective, you have free will to the extent that you can make choices," he added. "But in the sense that those choices need to be consistent, you do not."

doesnt he need a weirwood tree to do the flashback time travel???

how is he gonna do that now?

how are we gonna get the tower of joy reveal smdh....???

Comment

doesnt he need a weirwood tree to do the flashback time travel???

how is he gonna do that now?

how are we gonna get the tower of joy reveal smdh....???
                Oh yes indeed, I edited and put more of my own thoughts after you quoted me, check it out and let me know what u think.

Comment

Whoa. Hodor, Hodor.

[...]

[...]

-----------

I think Bran and 3ER can tap into Weirwood.net which essentially records history and what he can "see" in the past is all connected to the Weirwood network. Most of these trees were cut down so he's limited to certain areas (they were widespread and covered everywhere until the invasion of Westeros by the Andals/Faith of the Seven ****s) so what he's seeing is recorded history, the ink is dry. 3ER/Bloodraven already said he tried to change the past and it's not possible.

There is a new theory I'm working on for the end game and it's kinda mind blowing in a sense but I don't want to talk about it just yet. But I assure some of you, changing the past to fix things isn't it. Sure, maybe there will be a couple other Brann/Hodor moments, where he "effects" the past which already happened (closed loop, time paradox), but it wont be "fixing" anything. Bran is extremely important but not the sole character I would say. His role is going to be something crazy but I believe his role is to be a bridge between The Nights King and someone/something else. There was an old pact that was broken...there's more to the White Walkers than simply kill humans and GRRM has confirmed it's not going to be so cut & dry about what is evil and what is good.
                  Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                  Oh yes indeed, I edited and put more of my own thoughts after you quoted me, check it out and let me know what u think.

good job good effort natas.

Comment

Whoa. Hodor, Hodor.

[...]

[...]

-----------

I still don't get it.

Bran caused Hodor's seizure this time around...ok. That I can follow. But what caused it the first time? Bran wasn't even alive back then.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                      I still don't get it.

Bran caused Hodor's seizure this time around...ok. That I can follow. But what caused it the first time? Bran wasn't even alive back then.
                      Same paradox with The Terminator where the guy John Connor sent back to the past is his dad only because he sent him back to the past.

Comment

Working...
                      X