Game of Thrones [TV] Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
    I loved how the show included this:

Lightbringer is supposed to be on fire, or at least glow.
    And Azor Ahai was supposed to be born out of the flame. But it turned out to be more of a metaphor.

Comment

• Originally posted by GTTofAK View Post
      Here is why I disagree. Why did Tywin hate Tyrion so damn much? Is it simply because Joanna died in childbirth and Tyrion is a dwarf or is it deeper? Did he hate Tyrion because he knew Tyrion wasn't his.

Tywin was a very deep developed character. Doesn't the explanation that he hates Tyrion because Joanna died in childbirth seem odd for Tywin?

Its like Ned Stark breaking the vow he made to his wife and fathering a child with some tavern wench. Ned Stark would never break a vow. It doesn't fit his character. Just as Tywin Mr. family is everything hating his own son. It doesn't fit.
      It's completely within Tywins personality. Tywin is all about the honor and continuation of the lineage, Tyrion is a whore monger, can't fight and his children likely wouldn't be able to neither, unless they came out normal(what are the odds of that?).

Tyrion being a Targaryen works in the books, actually, having read the theories it's down right likely. But it's too late for him in the TV series, it would be a cheap move. If they want to pander to the fanboys that badly just leave it an unspoken truth.

Comment

Yep that's exactly why. Tywin loved his wife, more than anything else.
        Exaclty, and Tyrion might not be his but Tyrion is still half her. That is why he could never totally disown Tyrion.

Ned and Tywin are totally different. Tywin doesn't love his children as much as he cares about his families name. Neds vow, to his sister, makes perfect sense.
        It doesn't matter if they are totally different. You are missing the point. We are breaking the 4th wall here and talking about how the author likes to tell stories. When Martin develops a character yet something is off in the story that doesn't fit with the character its because it doesn't.

Comment

Like I said before I totally reject the idea of Tyrion being a Targaryen. You don't have to be a Targaryen to ride a dragon, that's some weird myth/misconception. Hell, I wouldn't even rule out Bran warging into a dragon at some point. Or even further, a certain somebody has a certain dragon horn.
          Bran will warg with Danery's main dragon.

Comment

• Originally posted by GTTofAK View Post
            Exaclty, and Tyrion might not be his but Tyrion is still half her. That is why he could never totally disown Tyrion.

It doesn't matter if they are totally different. You are missing the point. We are breaking the 4th wall here and talking about how the author likes to tell stories. When Martin develops a character yet something is off in the story that doesn't fit with the character its because it doesn't.
            Yeah GRRM loves to tell stories and what better story is there then Tywin & Tyrions relationship? There doesn't need to be some crazy conspiracy about Tyrions parentage to explain why a father & son disliked each other. Tyrion was everything Tywin didn't want in a son and brought shame to his proud family name.

I don't buy for a second that Tywin would keep Tyrion knowing he was a product of rape, just because he's "half her [his wife]". He already has Jamie & Cersei for that. Tyrion is just an embarrassment (in his eyes) and with her dead, he would just get rid of the shameful bastard if that were in fact true. Like I said, Tywin is a cold man, it's not about loving his children it's about his family name (which is all he really cares about. He's always cold towards his children).

Further, Tyrion is almost a carbon copy of his father, besides being an ugly dwarf of course. That's part of what drives Tyrion so crazy, knowing that he is his fathers son! Tywin wanted nothing more than Jamie to be like him, but Jamie never grew to be the man he wanted him to be, it was Tyrion who has the characteristics of his father.

Comment

• ok, I have been watching the show since the beginning, some of my "friends" who have here recently caught up and are now on the bandwagon, they can remember details of the story line, they got caught up in like 2 months, I remind them that it isn't that fresh in my mind since I have been watching since it started

with that being said, I can only remember a few characters names, is anyone else like that?

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdlb12 View Post
                ok, I have been watching the show since the beginning, some of my "friends" who have here recently caught up and are now on the bandwagon, they can remember details of the story line, they got caught up in like 2 months, I remind them that it isn't that fresh in my mind since I have been watching since it started

with that being said, I can only remember a few characters names, is anyone else like that?
                I don't know like half of the families even.... , my girl basically tells me to STFU when I'm watching it so I don't ask those questions.....

Comment

• Originally posted by HiLo Rudyo! View Post
                  I don't know like half of the families even.... , my girl basically tells me to STFU when I'm watching it so I don't ask those questions.....
                  thats me too man, I was like "Wait, what happened to Arya, why is she blind?"
                  or I can never remember Melisandre name, I had to google just now, lol

Comment

• i don't buy tyrion being a targ. maybe he's some sort of targ/lannister/lannister chimera, but i definitely think he's more tywin's son than his other children.

i think many might accuse him of being a targ if and when he inevitably mounts one, though.

Comment

• I was thinking about this last night...the Iron people (whatever they are called) build 200 story stone buildings that last for thousands of years but connect them with wood and rope bridges that look like Tarzan made them.

Comment

Working...
                      X