Game of Thrones [TV] Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=JabRight;16669801]
    Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
    I think that was more of an HBO thing. In the books, he didn't seem like the main character. A major one, but not main character. HBO was smart because they got Sean Bean to play the role, who was the biggest name, and put his image on most all of the posters and advertisements. Brilliant job by HBO in that regard.

I agree it would have been terrible writing for Jon to die. His whole story, plus the mystery and hint dropping about his true parentage would have been completely pointless for him to die. Just because book readers, and TV show viewers, connected the dots a while ago and figured Jon would be brought back to life, doesn't mean HBO should have said **** it, let's just keep him dead to surprise people! That would totally kill off the entire story and I'm sure the "end game" Jon is essential to that story. GRRM has also stated numerous times he's not going to change anything just because fans figured out his clues. In the end, it's not about shocking people just for the sake of shocking people, it's about telling a story, an epic story at that. There is a bigger picture that some people don't see here, it's not really about the "game of thrones" obviously, it's something much, much bigger at play and ancient prophecies, etc. are apart of this.

Also, numerous people die in the books who are brought back to life. We don't really see that as much on HBO and I'm sure their reasoning, say cutting out a certain lady stoneheart for example, was to make Jon's death seem more important, otherwise it would cheapen the death so to speak. In the show even we had Beric Dondarrion and The Mountain both come back from the dead as it is. So what is dead isn't always dead and even more so in the books this is true (although I will point out, no one is ever the same after being brought back and I fully expect Jon to be a different person and a more "hardened" version of his former self).[/QUOTE]

Yeah I hope he's more no-nonsense, colder.
    There was a naivety to him as he learned, and tried to do right by others, now I want him to do what he wants and if people get in his way without hesitance he will slay them. We get a glimpse of that when he beheads that snake Janos Slynt, he just won't take any s.hit.

The man is born now. He will go through Ramsey when he has his chance.

(I want to see him take Winterfell, proclaim himself King of Winter and take upon himself personally to stop the WW.) A lot of power there, if the entire North pledged full loyalty to him and he got the Wildlings also whole heartedly on side. As he said regarding the WW "At least we'll give the fuckers a good fight".

These are things i'd like to see anyway. Definitely King of Winter be cool, if that where his destiny in the story's endgame, would it also make him the sword of the morning (even without Daynes sword) in the sense that he will bring the Dawn in beating the WW... Do the WW share Stark blood, or have a pact with Starks? They are the kings of winter, always. Anyway, tin foil hat is off now.

Sorry about the ramble on guys, stoned....
    In the casting they wanted a great warrior who carried a legendary sword. In next week's episode looks like we're getting a TOJ flashback. Even though they only show two kingsguard, I'm holding out hope that once they get pass those two, Dayne will be waiting for them.
    Also Sam is heading to around the area of House Dayne.
    Just some theories.

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
      She's freed entire cities, freed slaves. Keep in mind, she's essentially learning on the job with zero amateur experience and she was forced to turn pro as a pre-teen. She's was like a broke ass, malnourished Pacquiao but with even less experience. However, she's had good counsel and she's learned a great deal. Add to her team Tyrion and Varys, she essentially has "The Dream Team" that OJ Simpson had. It's not a lot different than Jon Snow at all if you think about it. He was dumb/naive and lacked experience. But after everything he's been through and with new team members of Davos and the Red Woman, he's going to be one of the best in the game. That isn't far off from Dany at all. She was young, naive, but with experience shes grown wiser. She is a good leader and the queen of ****ing dragons, which is a pretty big deal.
      Add Brianne, Sansa, Arya, Bran, HODOR DA GAWD, Sam Tarley to team Jon.

Dragons can't do **** to Jon, the Lord of light and most of all Hodor. Jon has the wildlings on his side as well and his loyal Wall supporters

Comment

• lots of people dump on dany, but when the walkers start pawning the 7 kingdoms, they're going to be crying mhysa, too.

also, i think I've watched the last episode about 10 times. it wasn't like episode 1 where i just couldn't wait for episode 2, I'm kind of enjoying the wait for episode 3, though there might be a sense of dread to it if the umbers do what i think they'll do.
        Last edited by AntonTheMeh; 05-05-2016, 04:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrushMyHair! View Post
          Varys and Littlefynger have unknown motives to the viewers. But both know of the motives of each other I believe
          The thing to remember is the Varys and Littlefinger are the only two characters in the entire series that are actually playing the game of thrones. The whole story is Varys vs. Littlefinger.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrushMyHair! View Post
            Dragons can't do **** to Jon, the Lord of light and most of all Hodor. Jon has the wildlings on his side as well and his loyal Wall supporters
            There are 3 dragons there will be 3 dragon riders, the 3 Targaryens, Daenerys, John, and Tyrion.

Thing to remember when you are reading anything written my Martin. If its ****ing obvious its because it is.
            Last edited by GTTofAK; 05-05-2016, 01:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GTTofAK View Post
              There are 3 dragons there will be 3 dragon riders, the 3 Targaryens, Daenerys, John, and Tyrion.

Thing to remember when you are reading anything written my Martin. If its ****ing obvious its because it is.
              Like I said before I totally reject the idea of Tyrion being a Targaryen. You don't have to be a Targaryen to ride a dragon, that's some weird myth/misconception. Hell, I wouldn't even rule out Bran warging into a dragon at some point. Or even further, a certain somebody has a certain dragon horn.

Comment

• Well I wasn't right about John being reborn in the fire. Of course the fire witch saved him so its pretty much the same thing. He is Azor Ahai and I'm still certain that Longclaw is Lightbringer. The story of Azor Ahai is a parallel to Arthur. Lightbringer is an Excalibur parallel. John got longclaw from Mormont former lord of Bear Island. Bear Island is a geographic Isle of Man which is thought to be Avalon the final resting place of Arthur and Excalibur.

Comment

Well I wasn't right about John being reborn in the fire. Of course the fire witch saved him so its pretty much the same thing. He is Azor Ahai and I'm still certain that Longclaw is Lightbringer. The story of Azor Ahai is a parallel to Arthur. Lightbringer is an Excalibur parallel. John got longclaw from Mormont former lord of Bear Island. Bear Island is a geographic Isle of Man which is thought to be Avalon the final resting place of Arthur and Excalibur.
                  I loved how the show included this:

Lightbringer is supposed to be on fire, or at least glow.

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                    Like I said before I totally reject the idea of Tyrion being a Targaryen. You don't have to be a Targaryen to ride a dragon, that's some weird myth/misconception. Hell, I wouldn't even rule out Bran warging into a dragon at some point. Or even further, a certain somebody has a certain dragon horn.
                    Here is why I disagree. Why did Tywin hate Tyrion so damn much? Is it simply because Joanna died in childbirth and Tyrion is a dwarf or is it deeper? Did he hate Tyrion because he knew Tyrion wasn't his.

Tywin was a very deep developed character. Doesn't the explanation that he hates Tyrion because Joanna died in childbirth seem odd for Tywin?

Its like Ned Stark breaking the vow he made to his wife and fathering a child with some tavern wench. Ned Stark would never break a vow. It doesn't fit his character. Just as Tywin Mr. family is everything hating his own son. It doesn't fit.

Comment

Here is why I disagree. Why did Tywin hate Tyrion so damn much? Is it simply because Joanna died in childbirth and Tyrion is a dwarf or is it deeper? Did he hate Tyrion because he knew Tyrion wasn't his.

Tywin was a very deep developed character. Doesn't the explanation that he hates Tyrion because Joanna died in childbirth seem odd for Tywin?
                      Yep that's exactly why. Tywin loved his wife, more than anything else. The fact that Tyrion, a dwarf who in his eyes is a shame to his family, "killed" the woman he loved is all that is necessary. Further how Jamie refused to be the man his father wanted him to be only fueled the fire for his displeasure of Tyrion. But more importantly, if Tyrion was a product of rape, why keep him around and raise him as his own after his wife died? Makes no sense whatsoever, Tywin would just get rid of him. But because he WAS his son, he had to raise him. A ruthless man like Tywin wouldn't raise another man's son, no way in hell.

Its like Ned Stark breaking the vow he made to his wife and fathering a child with some tavern wench. Ned Stark would never break a vow. It doesn't fit his character. Just as Tywin Mr. family is everything hating his own son. It doesn't fit.
                      Ned and Tywin are totally different. Tywin doesn't love his children as much as he cares about his families name. Neds vow, to his sister, makes perfect sense.

Comment

Working...
                      X