Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones [TV] Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The stuff going on at crasters was added for the tv show or not? i don't remember it.. This was probably my favorite episode so far.. i didn't know what was going to happen

They need to make deviations because some of these actors would barely get any scenes for whole seasons otherwise..

Comment

• Originally posted by ESB_reject View Post
      I'm really enjoying Littlefinger's journey up the ranks to power. I thought due to him believing all the Stark boys are dead he would try marry Sansa once the imp was dead to take control of the north but this was a nice turn of events. As for Bran, he shouldn't have too much trouble escaping at night. He has a half giant and 2 giant wolves he has control over along with a friend who has similar powers if I'm not mistaken.

I'm just guessing but I have the feeling the transformation of the new born children have some sort of significance to explaining what the Whitewalkers are and why they are here. Infant children are considered pure humans before they become corrupted by society. Maybe the Whitewalkers aren't the evil they are made out to be but some sort of force to keep a certain moral balance between men. One thing we do know is that they aren't mindless zombies but intellectual beings with a bigger purpose than just to slaughter anything that moves.

On an extraneous note I'm gutted Jamie gave his sword away but at least it went to a good cause. I'm still hoping he will attach some sort of switch knife to his metal hand and return to being one of the best swordsman in the Seven kingdoms. Also this season could every well see the both the Mountain and his brother the Hound in one on one sword fights. The Mountain against the gay man (I forget his name) and the Hound with Brienne.

The one thing I was confused about is why the man who chopped of Jamie's hand is on the wall. I presume it is because his house joined forces with the Lannisters therefore he needed someplace safe to go. He will probably end up like the king slayer in the sense that once we get to know him a bit he will become more likable.

Lastly can someone also explain what happens in the battles a bit. All we ever see is corpses. For example what exactly happened with the battle between the Whitewalkers and the men of the nights watch?

from my point of view (havent read the books dont plan to until the series is over) littlefinger did what he did to build alliances with the tyrells. they are one of the richest in all of the thrones universe. Not only is he gonna marry catlyn stark's sister who is lord of wherever she's from but he now has the secret alliance with the tyrells. littlefinger is all about power hence his version of networking. If you listen to all of Varys comments about littlefinger, he was spot on. Littlefinger wants everything.

i also dont think jaime gave up his sword if im not mistaken. he gave joffrey's sword to brianne. there were two swords made out of the one huge sword by ned stark. lord tywin gave one to jaime and when jaime and brianne were talking, they were in the same place where joffrey and his kingsguard were when they were making fun of jaime for only having one hand and not being able to protect the king anymore. joffrey's sword was on some kind of display case and jaime took it and gave it to brianne just before he gave her a new suit of armor.

a lot of people didnt like the ending with the white walkers but i thought that was the most interesting part of the episode. that walker who turned that baby is some kind of white walker king.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Tase View Post
        from my point of view (havent read the books dont plan to until the series is over) littlefinger did what he did to build alliances with the tyrells. they are one of the richest in all of the thrones universe. Not only is he gonna marry catlyn stark's sister who is lord of wherever she's from but he now has the secret alliance with the tyrells. littlefinger is all about power hence his version of networking. If you listen to all of Varys comments about littlefinger, he was spot on. Littlefinger wants everything.

i also dont think jaime gave up his sword if im not mistaken. he gave joffrey's sword to brianne. there were two swords made out of the one huge sword by ned stark. lord tywin gave one to jaime and when jaime and brianne were talking, they were in the same place where joffrey and his kingsguard were when they were making fun of jaime for only having one hand and not being able to protect the king anymore. joffrey's sword was on some kind of display case and jaime took it and gave it to brianne just before he gave her a new suit of armor.

a lot of people didnt like the ending with the white walkers but i thought that was the most interesting part of the episode. that walker who turned that baby is some kind of white walker king.

as a book reader, i thought the ending was lame

Comment

• Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
          as a book reader, i thought the ending was lame
          that's because you're a book reader. if you werent a book reader, you have no choice but to be interested. that thing looked real evil. plus how many times have show watchers in general have complained about how the show never shows the white walkers.

well now they show them and people complain?

i mean the dragons and white walkers are the two biggest supernatural subjects on the show.

of course they will be interesting. you have this whole show of realistic political upheavals and characters then you add dragons and zombie white walkers to the mix....

i didn think it was lame at all.

Not all watchers are adult super cool book readers. a lot of young viewers would be interested in such nonhuman scary supernatural things. its only natural.

Comment

that's because you're a book reader. if you werent a book reader, you have no choice but to be interested. that thing looked real evil. plus how many times have show watchers in general have complained about how the show never shows the white walkers.

well now they show them and people complain?

i mean the dragons and white walkers are the two biggest supernatural subjects on the show.

of course they will be interesting. you have this whole show of realistic political upheavals and characters then you add dragons and zombie white walkers to the mix....

i didn think it was lame at all.

Not all watchers are adult super cool book readers. a lot of young viewers would be interested in such nonhuman scary supernatural things. its only natural.

they have totally deviated from the books and it sickens me...the artistry and depth of the books have been dumbed down for the sake of simpleton tv watchers

Comment

• it's like watching the Rockets in 4th quarters...why must everything be dumbed down just to get a basket

Comment

they have totally deviated from the books and it sickens me...the artistry and depth of the books have been dumbed down for the sake of simpleton tv watchers
                Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                it's like watching the Rockets in 4th quarters...why must everything be dumbed down just to get a basket

rockets in seven b*tch.

Comment

A man in the Kingsguard,father or not , can not give away the king's possessions. The sword Jaime gave away was the sword that Tywin gave him in the episode before.

Comment

It really has gotten bad. I especially liked the graffiti "Kill the Masters" when the people from Mereen don't even speak Common/English

Comment

I read the books as well and its really tough to stay a fan of the HBO show after all they have done to George RR Martins masterpiece.But ... this is a discussion about the TV show ,so lets not drag it through the mud ok.

On a side note this is my % ratio of how each season was compared to the books.
                      1st season-- 95% exactly like the book
                      2nd season -- 80% like the book
                      3rd season -- 65% like the book
                      4th season -- less than 50% of what I watched was in the book.

There are still 2 books that need to be written and completed.
                      Season1 was book 1 and the start of book 2
                      Season2 was book2
                      Season 3-4 encompass book 3 , they are stretching it out but they are making up their own story. One part of me hopes that the show starts to bomb so that the mutilation of Martin's works will stop. Another part of me knows that once the avalanche starts , you can only wait till its done.
                      The thing that annoys me most is that instead of using all the material inthe books ,which would have been fine for 2 season per book, they are making up their own story and its not even half as good as the one they bought from the original writer.

Comment

Working...
                      X