No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones [TV] Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Tase View Post
    one thing ive learned from watching game of thrones is that its unabashed way of portraying the entirety of a human being, the things that make them great, and the things that make them not so great, thrones will show all of it. they will show the good and bad side of man and let the viewers decide what kind of a person they are. i love that about this show.

Jaime is a murderer, a sister ****er who throws kids off high buildings. But we learned last year that he is also a man with great honor and integrity.

Rob Stark as great and wonderful he was, got killed because he was dumb and was thinking about his little head instead of his big one.

Stannis, a great warrior, is justified in seeking the throne via conquest but he is also willing to sacrifice everything to get to the throne.

The Hound was a bad guy in the beginning but now he's a crowd favorite. You can do this with almost every character on the show.

That's what's great about this show, they will show the good side and bad side of man. They show that no matter how honorable and famous you are, you can die if you dont do the practical thing no matter how horrible it is.

There's nothing stupid about it. the only reason you feel that way is because you are your typical snobby book reader who loves to point out differences in books and tv adaptations.
    You obviously haven't ever paid attention to my opinions on the show to type the last paragraph. If it makes you feel better to think that, I don't care enough to try and change your mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by AntonTheMeh View Post
      anyone still hate new daario after that scene? i think he's alright.
      It's been a limited sample size. Hard to have too much an opinion on a guy whose had 2 different actors and about 4 scenes altogether between them.

That was pretty badass, though. Like a lot of people have said elsewhere, it was like Indiana Jones shooting the dumb **** swordsman.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
        I thought she did consent at the end. If you look, she fights him off but then at the very end she starts kissing him and going a lone with it.
        I don't think so, she did kind of kiss him while they were going to the ground, but then once they were on the ground she was pushing at his chest and telling him no again.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          I don't think so, she did kind of kiss him while they were going to the ground, but then once they were on the ground she was pushing at his chest and telling him no again.
          Until he slipped the sausage in and she loved it. I think she resisted until she finally gave in and gave up the punani.

Comment

• who's influencing littlefinger to pull this power play?

Comment

• Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
              who's influencing littlefinger to pull this power play?
              Stop asking for spoilers!

Comment

• Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
                Stop asking for spoilers!

PM me please

Comment

• So I read the sex scene in the book just to see what all the fuss is about.

Ok so she's on her period, she says no, no, no, this is wrong, not here, and even hitting him on the chest, but once his sausage is in her bloody pussu she's saying yes, yes, yes. So it's actually kind of minor difference. In the book it kinda started out as rape, but she gave in.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    It's stupid to have Jaime rape Cersei. He's not a rapist. He's never been portrayed as a rapist. He stopped a woman he didn't care about at all from getting raped last season.

To have him rape Cersei just destroyed the transformation Jaime was supposed to be going through since Catelyn released him from the dungeon.
                    I have to disagree, I don't think they portrayed Jamie as a rapist at all.

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
                    That wasn't really legit rape. It was more like "no we shouldn't, I want to and I'm not really going to try to hard to stop you, but we shouldn't, but I am enjoying it so don't stop, but we shouldn't because it's not right, but keep going" sex.
                    Originally posted by The Tase View Post
                    according to the show jaime has only been with one woman his entire life, cersei what he told lady stark when he was chained up. Joffrey their son being dead, they were alone, jaime hasnt had sex yet since he was captured by the stark, cersei not giving him any....

people use sex to deal with grief all the time. jaime and cersei doing it right then and there also added to their ****ed up sexualized brother sister relationship. You could say it was typical and shouldnt be surprising based on their incestuous relationship.
                    I agree, that's how I saw it anyway. This is a one fucked up incestuous relationship between two people who have forbiddenly loved each other since they were young. Their sex and desire is going to be very unconventional of coarse.
                    Last edited by _original_; 04-21-2014, 01:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2501 View Post
                      That wasn't really legit rape. It was more like "no we shouldn't, I want to and I'm not really going to try to hard to stop you, but we shouldn't, but I am enjoying it so don't stop, but we shouldn't because it's not right, but keep going" sex.
                      If that was your daughter, would you be angry or not?

I'd say it was rape...she said "NO" more than once, and "This is wrong" which I agree is a bit disingenuous as they've had about 12 children together but no doubt in my mind it was a seriously horny guy raping a woman who did not want to have sex with him.

Comment

Working...
                      X