Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones [TV] Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• screencap of brandon stark choking himself trying to save his father from the first season trailer. the scene was never aired.

the trailer if anyone wants to see it. the scene is very brief.

Comment

• Really? honestly at first i thought it was just sean bean and thought what the hell you were going on about lol..

But i see it now..

Really it would be nice if they showed some flashbacks of Roberts Rebellion/lead up to it..

Seeing why Oberyan wants revenge rather then just being told it would be great for casual viewers also i think and make you hate the lannisters and flunkies even more..
      Last edited by BEDROOM BULLY; 04-18-2014, 04:58 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by AntonTheMeh View Post
        screencap of brandon stark choking himself trying to save his father from the first season trailer. the scene was never aired.

the trailer if anyone wants to see it. the scene is very brief.

What I wouldn't give for some proper flashbacks to Robert's Rebellion. I understand why they wouldn't show some things, like the Tower of Joy, but I would love to see Robert vs. Rhaegar or Brandon choking himself while his father burned. Even if it was just glimpses for a few seconds.

Comment

• Originally posted by BEDROOM BULLY View Post
          Really? honestly at first i thought it was just sean bean and thought what the hell you were going on about lol..

But i see it now..

Really it would be nice if they showed some flashbacks of Roberts Rebellion/lead up to it..

Seeing why Oberyan wants revenge rather then just being told it would be great for casual viewers also i think and make you hate the lannisters and flunkies even more..
          I read the 1st book after finishing the first series but I didn't enjoy the book as much as I did the show (which is the first time this has ever happened with me, usually I enjoy the novels more than film/tv adaptions) and so I am puttin off reading the rest until the show is finished.

But I am now considering reading the books again, for this very reason. I assume the novels are rich with the backstory that is only hinted at on tv.

Comment

• Originally posted by Welsh Jon View Post
            I read the 1st book after finishing the first series but I didn't enjoy the book as much as I did the show (which is the first time this has ever happened with me, usually I enjoy the novels more than film/tv adaptions) and so I am puttin off reading the rest until the show is finished.

But I am now considering reading the books again, for this very reason. I assume the novels are rich with the backstory that is only hinted at on tv.
            Yeah there is many dream sequences.. stuff hinted at.. prophecies.. foreshadowing etc.. the show barely touches on any

I would hold off reading 2nd half of book 3 (this season).. i have a feeling it will adapt even better to tv.. After being spoiled Joffrey being murdered i just decided to read it.. but that's just one of many shocks in store this season.

I would start reading after this season though.. there is to many things going on with different characters for it to work so well on TV imo

Comment

• Originally posted by -The Glove- View Post
              The ones that have read the books are the worst.
              Originally posted by Trigger Nasty View Post
              This is my I had to read the books because of a-holes can't keep their mouths shut. Joffery's story line was spoiled for me a while ago but it was to sweet to see it on TV.
              Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              Some people, man. What is so bad in their lives that they have to spoil things at every opportunity? And then they say, "Read the books!"

I mean, I would recommend everybody read the books, but I'm not going to spoil the show just because I feel that way.
              Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
              That would be awesome.... i really want to spoil it for those boogers who think they're so awesome for spoiling
              I understand where you're coming from, and even as a book reader, if frustrates the hell out of me too

I don't get why people post spoilers on here (even if they hide them by whiting them out)
              There's a BOOK Readers discussion Group // Thread !!! no matter how many times we post that, there's always some dummy that wants to discuss spoilers / theories

some of my friends that love the show but haven't read the books, fish for spoilers some times, they'll give me their theories on things and then look at me for a reaction or to give them a yes or no I'm getting pretty good at not giving answers and just discussing what's happened on the show

Comment

• Originally posted by BEDROOM BULLY View Post
                Really? honestly at first i thought it was just sean bean and thought what the hell you were going on about lol..

But i see it now..

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                What I wouldn't give for some proper flashbacks to Robert's Rebellion. I understand why they wouldn't show some things, like the Tower of Joy, but I would love to see Robert vs. Rhaegar or Brandon choking himself while his father burned. Even if it was just glimpses for a few seconds.

i think we're do for a robert's rebellion movie when it's all said and done. i think i'd prefer it some time after it's r+l=j is known.

Comment

Last edited by AntonTheMeh; 04-18-2014, 11:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Mustang- View Post
                    I understand where you're coming from, and even as a book reader, if frustrates the hell out of me too

I don't get why people post spoilers on here (even if they hide them by whiting them out)
                    There's a BOOK Readers discussion Group // Thread !!! no matter how many times we post that, there's always some dummy that wants to discuss spoilers / theories

some of my friends that love the show but haven't read the books, fish for spoilers some times, they'll give me their theories on things and then look at me for a reaction or to give them a yes or no I'm getting pretty good at not giving answers and just discussing what's happened on the show
                    even though I know what's coming up because I spoiled some stuff online... it still irritates me that they do it.

Okay, recording reactions is cool and doesn't give away too much.... but outright telling major spoilers is irritating

Comment

• Originally posted by Ragnar Lothbrok View Post
                      what do you think is gonna happen to him if he did it?

they would slice his ass up piece by piece. unless he slits his throat after he does it.
                      There was a similar scene in The Color Purple where Whoopi Goldberg is shaving Sam L Jackson with a razor He'd been beating and raping her for years. It's a weird captive/capturer thing. She didn't cut his throat either...sorry for the spoiler but you guys can deal with this one.

Comment

Working...
                      X