Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones [TV] Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too bad it's certain to be at bare minimum three years before the next book.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      Third book is my favorite book ever. It's unbelievable.

Only thing to worry about is whether they have the money for the big stuff. That's going to be a concern every year though, just because its a television show and not a hundred million dollar Lord of the Rings style movie. Otherwise, splitting this into two seasons pretty much means they can do this the way it deserves. CANNOT WAIT.
      The third is the best largely in that it forwards the plot the most. It's the culmination of all the events up to that point in the series, and at its conclusion sort of marks a new starting point. Books 1, 2, 4, and the bulk of 5 are more about buildup for major events.
      Last edited by Miburo; 11-14-2012, 10:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        That site is too addicting sometimes. If I ever actually posted, I'd probably never leave.
        I had to, the Cat fans drove me crazy.....the blindest most pig headed froup of women ever. I received at least 4 temporary bans.

Did have a nice convo woth some boxing fans about the westeros/essos top 10pfp fighters.

Comment

• Doesn't really matter if it takes 3 years for another book if there's 5 of 'em already.

They finished the last season really well with the white walkers and the war for King's landing. Who're they introducing in this next season that has connections with the current cast?

Comment

• Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
            Doesn't really matter if it takes 3 years for another book if there's 5 of 'em already.

They finished the last season really well with the white walkers and the war for King's landing. Who're they introducing in this next season that has connections with the current cast?
            Thats true, im on my 3rd read right now. A Feast for Crows

Comment

• I am reading feast for crows. soooo slow in comparison to the book that was before it,

Comment

Doesn't really matter if it takes 3 years for another book if there's 5 of 'em already.

I think it does though Game of Thrones was published in 1996 and 17 years later we are on book 5 the TV show is going to run out of material at some point it will be interesting to see what happens then.

I'm looking forward to the introduction of a few characters Mance Rayder the king beyond the wall, Oberyn Martell (not sure if he's been cast though) and the Bastard of Bolton are a few to watch out for.

Comment

• I'm sure there might be a little more urgency now his book has turned into an award winning tv programme.

Comment

I'm sure there might be a little more urgency now his book has turned into an award winning tv programme.
                    I disagree GRRM is well known for taking his time and now he's a lot more busy than ever because of the shows success touring with the cast, interviews and conventions all around the world etc.

The series was originally only supposed to be 3 books then it went to 5, now it's apparently 7 but GRRM has said that's not set in stone anymore I can see there being 8 or 9 books by the end. Can't see the TV show sticking around for that length of time.

Comment

• I think there'll be a fifth book by the end of season 4.

Keep in mind that book is going to be stretched over 2 seasons giving us 2 years on book 3 alone. Book 4 would obviously be another year.

It's quite a long time. I agree with Demise. There will be another book.

Comment

Working...
                      X