JOHN CENA Verbally Destroys THE ROCK on RAW

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenBoy23 View Post
      It's all about bringin in the viewers. And from what i've heard wwe has gone down the ****ter in the past few years and that's with Cena as no.1. When The Rock was there, it was huge and now they need to bring him in to revive it. All ya gotta look at is that to know The Rock(or anyone from that era when i watched)>Cena

Yes the WWE was obviously bigger during Rock's prime years.

And he contributed a great deal to it, along with Stonecold and others, and the WWE pushing the limits in terms of content. The Competition vs WCW was also a huge part of the huge ratings. But it wasn't mainstream. The hardcore base was huge, but that's what it was, hardcore base.

WWE is making more money now than it did back then. They're a public company now with stocks and shareholders. Now that they have monopolized the Wrestling industry and have no real competition, they have toned things down on purpose. Their Wrestlers are being conserved and instructed not to put on too great of matches and risk getting injured, instead put in medium effort but keep showing up to house shows and make the company money.

The storylines have been dragged out and are purposely too long, I.E. John Cena never turning heel and being stale as hell. As much as you think people are tired of him, he is bringing in money via merchandise and advertisements to WWE.

NEVER were they under any threat of going down the tube like WCW, who was as big as it gets for a period but then dropped off like nothing. WWE is consistent.

WHen it's Ratings sweeps month and time to draw bigger ratings, they give us something extra, other than that, they play it conservative. When it's time for Wrestlemania, they step it up, after that they go back to Conservative.

The WWE has gotten away with some crap content, like the Guest Hosts last year, when they would invite non-wrestling celebrities to guest host Monday Night Raw, and yet they probably gained more than they lost with that crap, in terms of mainstream exposure.

They are Family friendly & mainstream now, as big as they were in the late 90's to early 00's, it was never mainstream. All the violent and obscene content we all loved the WWE for back in the day, was like the Janet Jackson of Superbowl moment. Or like the Jerry Spring Show, great for a while, but in the long run, you need to be a mainstream Oprah show-esque content show. And she is a friggin billionaire, like her or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
        Cena doesn't get the credit he deserves, he can't be edgy like Stone Cold because he has to do and say what WWE tells him he can do and say and they went PG, not his fault.

Even still without any real star heels to compliment him he has been the top face and doing well in that role since about late 2004 even before they put the strap on him when fans themselves not the company so much decided he was the man.
        You're right partially, they're telling him what is OFF LIMITS, and in what way he should present himself to preserve his purposely stale character who is supposed to be fan favorite.

Like for example, during his Rap Gimmick years, he used to come out every week with a different NBA Jersey. But WWE officials told him to stop promoting other companies merchandise and start wearing WWE stuff.

And fast forward to 2008-09-10 etc,....he is wearing the same colored shirt every week for months on out, like a cartoon character.

I'm sure what he says is his content though.

Comment

Originally posted by HOMELESS BUM View Post
          To be fair Cena hasn't had massive stars like HHH, Austin, Hogan, Mick Foley etc to feud with..

The likes of HBK, UT, HHH, Jercho are either gone or miss lots of time and Cena is left to carry the whole company. The WWE even gave money back recently because Cena was injured and couldn't appear at a show.
          All of the guys mentioned above also had one advantage, they switched back and forth between being a fan-friendly/face and bad guy/heel. Never were they stale. That's what helped them.

I remember fans whining about wanting Cena to turn heel two years ago, and it's 2011 now and he is still a face. I didn't like it at first, but I'm starting to see what they're doing with it.

Basically they're telling the hardcore know-it-all portion of the audience, a BIG **** YOU, to spite them. We know more about business than you snobs and Cena is making us money being just the way he is.

But that's why he is considered lame, and that's why the wrestlers of the past had an advantage, things were changing all the time to keep things refreshing.

Sidenote: I know a lot about this stuff but I'm only a casual fan these days. I don't watch Smackdown EVER and I only watch Raw because it Monday - first working day and nothing better to do on a Monday night. If they ever switched it to another day, they'd lose a follower. The days when I wore WWF T-shirts from Austin, Taker, Rock in High School are over.

Comment

Im sure in his little head HHH thinks hes as big as the rock and stone cold were, but in reality he aint got **** on those two. BTW that segment was a big wtf, they come out, look at each other, looks at the wrestlemania sign, then do poses at each other? Only positive thing is that its a retirement match and HHH loses cause hes ran his course.
            Rumor has it that Triple H is the Raw GM, and that he will no longer refer to himself as Triple H, but instead will be known as Mr. Helmsley - a spin-off and Tribute to the Mr. McMahon character.

He will tell the audience that he has accomplished everything he wanted as Wrestler and that it's time to turn to the corporate side of things and run WWE like his father-in-law.

He will mostly likely end up being a heel, and over period of time start forming a heel stable called Corporate Evolution - again a spinoff to past stables Mr. McMahon's "The Corporation" during the 90's and Triple H's "Evolution" group.

Which at some point, John Cena will join and finally turn heel.

Comment

Originally posted by sleazyfellow View Post
              That was no comeback....Rock didnt even spend that long totally trashing Cena and besides that he got the crowd to boo wwfs top babyface on his returning night back.

Whats around today doesnt hold a candle to the wwf 10 years ago. This Cena crap is a throwback to the hulk hogan eat your vitamins and say your prayers thing, only its that stupid loyalty,hustle,respect crap.
              so has orton,edge and triple h and they didnt even have to try hard
              it nothing special lol

all 3 where heels at the time and got cheer when they face cena

Comment

Originally posted by cupocity303 View Post
                Rumor has it that Triple H is the Raw GM, and that he will no longer refer to himself as Triple H, but instead will be known as Mr. Helmsley - a spin-off and Tribute to the Mr. McMahon character.

He will tell the audience that he has accomplished everything he wanted as Wrestler and that it's time to turn to the corporate side of things and run WWE like his father-in-law.

He will mostly likely end up being a heel, and over period of time start forming a heel stable called Corporate Evolution - again a spinoff to past stables Mr. McMahon's "The Corporation" during the 90's and Triple H's "Evolution" group.

Which at some point, John Cena will join and finally turn heel.
                That would the **** if it actually happened, where did you hear that? I used to go on lordsofpain.net for my spoilers when I was a real hardcore fan but I haven't been on any site like that in a while.

I do have to give WWE props for turning Michale Cole into a heel announcer, he is doing a great job and is easily more over as a heel than probably any active wrestler.

That is one of TNA's problems if you watch, they have two babyface announcers and you need a balance from the commentary team.

Comment

Word Life, this is basic Thuganomics. I'm untouchable but i'm forcing you to feel me!

Whether fightin or spittin, my discipline is unforgiven, gotchu backing up in the defensive position!

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                    That would the **** if it actually happened, where did you hear that? I used to go on lordsofpain.net for my spoilers when I was a real hardcore fan but I haven't been on any site like that in a while.

I do have to give WWE props for turning Michale Cole into a heel announcer, he is doing a great job and is easily more over as a heel than probably any active wrestler.

That is one of TNA's problems if you watch, they have two babyface announcers and you need a balance from the commentary team.
                    tna got way bigger problems than that like wasting money and time on guys like hogan,Bischoff and vince russo

Comment

Prime razor ramon was a character..

Comment

Working...
                      X