Ask a Chicano

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rocky... View Post
    did you get your arse raped inside
    Why, are you having fantasies about me again Rock???? Shame on you.....

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
      Why, are you having fantasies about me again Rock???? Shame on you.....
      you wish man

Comment

Why is Cinco de Mayo celebrated? I hear it was a relatively insignificant event in Mexico's history.

Comment

serious Queston:
          what does the word "Cabron" mean to you...?

Comment

Originally posted by [ DUBBZZ ] View Post
            Why is Cinco de Mayo celebrated? I hear it was a relatively insignificant event in Mexico's history.
            So white people can get drunk, wear a sombrero, and pretend to be "cultured".

Comment

Should I consider myself "more Mexican" than the common Chicano simply because I was born in Mexico?

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                So white people can get drunk, wear a sombrero, and pretend to be "cultured".

i did all of that anyway

superfluous holiday

Comment

How accurate is American Me?

Comment

It's not really celebrated in Mexico more than it's just observed. It was the Battle of Puebla, where the Mexican's defeated the French. It's celebrated more in the U.S for some odd reason, I think it's because most Americans think it's Mexico's Independence day but it's not.

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
                    serious Queston:
                    what does the word "Cabron" mean to you...?
                    Cabron means many thing to us, it's like the universal word for eveything. Something can be "cabron" like a nice car for example or a tough dude is "cabron". It can also mean a serious insult but I think it means something different for you PR's, it doesn't mean your wife is cheating on you.

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                    Should I consider myself "more Mexican" than the common Chicano simply because I was born in Mexico?
                    You could if you wanted to but I think it has more to do with culture. Why would you reject your brothers and sisters born on this side simply because Americans forced a border on us? All this land was Mexico before, the people were simply displaced. Playing these "I'm more Mexican than you" games is simply divisive and a tactic used by Americans to seperate us and try and make us forget our culture. We need to unite, not be seperated.

How accurate is American Me?
                    From what I read, pretty accurate I guess. I know the Mexican Mafia started in the prison system of California and the founders are all in that movie. It was based on the Italian mafia.

Comment

Do Mexicans realize that their food is really not that spicy? Or is gringo food so bland that in the US context its actually spicy?

I say this because when I went to visit my friend near Toluca ( in a small town) everybody looked at me like I was nuts for putting way too much chili peppers and juice in my tacos.

Brown food like Sri Lankan, Indian...is way spicier than Mexican food.

-----------

Where does the Macho stereotype come from?

I found Mexicans to be very nice and humble people, and light drinkers.

Having traveled, there are a lot more people out there who embody that male chauvinist image....(not saying its good)

---------

Who invented the buritto? No one knew WTF I was talking about when I said buritto. I guess its more common in the north?

---------

Why do Mexicans love aeropostale so much? Everyone had a shirt...

P.S. Cant wait to go back....my Ukrainian self has a lot more in common with the common Mexican than the common gringo.

Comment

Working...
                      X