No announcement yet.

If Hulk Hogan came out today instead of the early 80's

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AL YANKAB*TCH View Post

HAHAHAA... that's good stuff. I agree with you.

At the same time Flair was 10x the performer that Hogan was. He was also just as charismatic if not more. Flair cut some of the best promos in wrestling history. I was a huge Hogan fan as a kid. My old man was a Flair fan.

LOL... those were good times.
    Well he may have been better in terms of in ring performance but ppl didn't pay to see Hogan in a 45 minute chain wrestling match they just wanted to see the usual where he gets beat up then no sells, points at his opponent, motions to the crowd, hulks up, punch punch, big foot, leg drop, 123.

In the wrestling biz its all about drawing no matter how you do it, just look at how good an in ring performer Dean Malenko was, but no one ever really cared about him.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
      Well he may have been better in terms of in ring performance but ppl didn't pay to see Hogan in a 45 minute chain wrestling match they just wanted to see the usual where he gets beat up then no sells, points at his opponent, motions to the crowd, hulks up, punch punch, big foot, leg drop, 123.

In the wrestling biz its all about drawing no matter how you do it, just look at how good an in ring performer Dean Malenko was, but no one ever really cared about him.

Don't forget how he would shake his head at his opponent after he was punched, usually while he was on one knee. hahaha.

Hogan was very charismatic, and that is what made him. It also helped alot that he was the size of a house. His gimmick would have never worked if he was the size of Bret Hart or Ric Flair.

Comment

What about my thread request spray?

Comment

Hulk Hogan daughter very big, but can still work in Whoreville
          Nick Hogan is Pretty Boy 32

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
            Hulk Hogan daughter very big, but can still work in Whoreville
            Nick Hogan is Pretty Boy 32

Brooke Hogan is huge. I think it's funny she's an amazon woman and his son looks like a scrawny *****.

Comment

Originally posted by Bastian Loc View Post
              What about my thread request spray?
              I would need to watch the videos again to refresh my memory but it was great watching it all go down, the competition between the two companies brought out the best product in both. It was a golden age of wrestling from 96-99 and Vince I bet it still bothers him today that the greatest wrestling storyline ever( NWO) has nothing to do with him or his company.

Comment

I would need to watch the videos again to refresh my memory but it was great watching it all go down, the competition between the two companies brought out the best product in both. It was a golden age of wrestling from 96-99 and Vince I bet it still bothers him today that the greatest wrestling storyline ever( NWO) has nothing to do with him or his company.
                Good years to be a wrestling fan.. I stopped watching soon after.

I thought it was because I grew out of it.... but it may just be because rasslin' sucks now and it's not entertaining.

Comment

I never watched wcw and always viewed it with contempt because it seemed like a second rate organization that took rejects the wwf didn't want.

What was so great about the nwo storyline?

I liked all those guys better when they were wwf stars like Diesel, Macho Man, Razor Ramon etc...

Don't forget to make it cuz' I wanna learn..

Comment

I never watched wcw and always viewed it with contempt because it seemed like a second rate organization that took rejects the wwf didn't want.

What was so great about the nwo storyline?

I liked all those guys better when they were wwf stars like Diesel, Macho Man, Razor Ramon etc...

Don't forget to make it cuz' I wanna learn..
                    It changed the business and was 100% responsible for WCW beating WWE in the ratings for about a year and a half straight, and was basically the back bone of the organization during its height.....the whole company revolved around it and no one would have cared about WCW without it.

WCW was poorly managed though by ppl who were new to the biz and or just had poor management skills, they basically let workers who had been in the biz for a long time(Hogan, Nash, Hall ETC....) run the show.

Comment

Must repost again and again.

OMFG dis video right here embodies everything Hogan was and brought to the table, genuine, smooth, fun, entertainment... Hogan could last and be successful in any generation, however if Bastion Boogers and Boosters, lead the charge in the 80's wresting would of had to do a lot more catching up in the 80's and 90's but at least maybe then 'wasslin' wouldn't be so gay now!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X