No announcement yet.

Do You Believe In God?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HumptyHump View Post
    Exactly the point....atheist like you just like to poke fun at religion, but when I ask you a serious question look at you diverting and making jokes, not even attempting to seriously answer.
    There was no question to answer.

I asked you a serious question, you immediately tried to ask me a question without answering my first question, then you resort to making jokes to avoid answering the question.
    No, you asked a question that did not make sense without further qualifiers. You asked me a question about a very vague concept without explaining what you meant by the vague concept. It's understandable why you did it, as you are dishonest and also stupid, so you wanted to frame the question in such a manner as to be able to move the goalposts later. So if you want to give me your definition of "the laws of nature" so that I can answer your question properly then do so now, or it will be known that you are simply another god-botherer depriving both a village of an idiot and a bridge of a troll.

I have debated many atheists on forums
    No you haven't.

and a lot of them were very intellectually engaging,
    And yet you were still unable to learn anything?

buy you are no intellectual, you are just an atheist clown who repeats every atheist argument he hears and when it comes to really engaging the facts then you hide behind jokes and name calling.
    If you want to provide me with a novel argument that isn't completely stupid then go ahead. So far you've repeated the same apologist canards that I have debunked time and again so I see no reason to take you seriously.

You are exposed dude, your hallow
    My... hallow... has been exposed?

Comment

Squealpiggy is a devoted Jew. I think that's why Jack don't like him.

Comment

sqeal piggy got owned in this thread,....

Comment

Originally posted by Equilibrium View Post
          I do not, but you can beleive in anything if you want as long as you don't hurt others i honestly could not care less.
          I like this answer.

Comment

Originally posted by bcfc View Post
            sqeal piggy got owned in this thread,....
            Oh dear. Sit down and shut up.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
              There was no question to answer.

No, you asked a question that did not make sense without further qualifiers. You asked me a question about a very vague concept without explaining what you meant by the vague concept. It's understandable why you did it, as you are dishonest and also stupid, so you wanted to frame the question in such a manner as to be able to move the goalposts later. So if you want to give me your definition of "the laws of nature" so that I can answer your question properly then do so now, or it will be known that you are simply another god-botherer depriving both a village of an idiot and a bridge of a troll.

No you haven't.

And yet you were still unable to learn anything?

If you want to provide me with a novel argument that isn't completely stupid then go ahead. So far you've repeated the same apologist canards that I have debunked time and again so I see no reason to take you seriously.

My... hallow... has been exposed?

Ok sorry,I just assumed you understood what the laws of nature were.

Why is it that light travels at a fixed speed unless it changes mediums?
              Why is it impossible to travel faster than the speed of light.
              Why is it that water will always freeze at 32 degrees?
              Why is it that electrons all behave the same way?
              Why is it that any slight change in the forces of the universe and a life bearing universe wouldnt be able to exist?

Science operates off the principle that the universe has patterns that cannot be broken, and the laws apply everywhere. We cannot have proper science without that assumption. Why is it that the universe is this way? I submit that it is that way because it was created by an intelligence, who programmed that intelligence into the universe. What do you think the reason behind it is?

Comment

Funny how squealpiggy answers the easy questions fast, but when asked real questions he takes very long to get back to you. I smell a Google search.......or hes frantically looking at atheist websites so he can get his recycled arguments to post them here. You obviously let the famous atheists do your thinking for you dude

Comment

Ok sorry,I just assumed you understood what the laws of nature were.

Why is it that light travels at a fixed speed unless it changes mediums?
                  Why is it impossible to travel faster than the speed of light.
                  Why is it that water will always freeze at 32 degrees?
                  Why is it that electrons all behave the same way?
                  Why is it that any slight change in the forces of the universe and a life bearing universe wouldnt be able to exist?
                  All of these unbreakable "laws of nature" fail to apply in some circumstances. And just to clarify "laws of nature" are things that people have observed, considered to be constant (for the purpose of ease of reference essentially) and treated accordingly.

What you are doing is taking these observations and then imposing an imaginary "lawmaker" to make them happen. You are anthropomorphizing aspects of the universe that just happen to be.

No need to feel bad about it. You're doing the same thing that credulous simpletons have done since the first proto-human uttered its first syllable. For you it's "God stops you from travelling faster than light" and for them it's "God makes lightning come from the sky".

You are furthermore engaging in classic "god of the gaps" philosophizing. You think that because there isn't a scientific explanation for something (or because there isn't a scientific explanation of something that YOU UNDERSTAND) then that means that god done it (and of course by "god" you mean your specific god that you happen to worship due to an accident of culture and geography - had you been born in Yemen it would be Allah, had you been born in Calcutta it might be Ganesh, had you been born in CE650 in Scandinavia it might have been Wotan) but the trouble is that the gaps in our understand keep on shrinking to the places to squeeze your deity of choice into are similarly receding.

Science operates off the principle that the universe has patterns that cannot be broken, and the laws apply everywhere.
                  No it doesn't. Science operates on the principle of observation and experimentation. Certain assumptions are made, sure, but these assumptions are made on the basis of observations. For example you stated that water freezes at 32 degrees (farenheit). Actually that's incorrect. 32 F is the melting point of ice, not the freezing point of water, there is a subtle difference. But there is an observation regarding water and it's liquid state - water turns into gas at 100 C. We can make that assumption based on normal atmospheric pressures here on earth. But what about in lower atmospheric pressures? Here is water in a vacuum:

We cannot have proper science without that assumption.
                  Experimentation is all about isolating the variable we want to test. We can make assumptions because we can test those assumptions.

Why is it that the universe is this way? I submit that it is that way because it was created by an intelligence, who programmed that intelligence into the universe.
                  But you have absolutely no reason to think that apart from an insistence that your peculiar belief in the supernatural is true. There is no evidence of that. And considering you're making some pretty big claims about reality by positing such a designer you better have some shit-hot evidence to back it up or frankly I'm not interested.

Comment

Funny how squealpiggy answers the easy questions fast, but when asked real questions he takes very long to get back to you. I smell a Google search.......or hes frantically looking at atheist websites so he can get his recycled arguments to post them here. You obviously let the famous atheists do your thinking for you dude
                    As you can see I took the time to provide you with a good answer to your question. You're welcome.

And for the record it takes considerably more time to come up with my own answers than it does to copy and paste something.

Comment

Twenty nine minutes have passed since I posted last. Therefore according to humpty****'s logic I must have totally pwned him and made him disappear to google and suchlike.

Comment

Working...
                      X