No announcement yet.

Serious question: why is golf a sport?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Real sports:

Football, Soccer, Basketball, Volleyball, boxing, swimming, gymnastics, hockey, cycling, rugby, etc....

Golf?

A hobby for rich white bankers.

Comment

Originally posted by INJECT View Post
      He would never be able to get away with that because basketball is a real sport.
      cmon bro, you can't seriously believe that baseball isn't a sport.

99.9% of ppl(especiall americans) would disagree with you.

you argue well so i guess it still gives you a chance to at least give the debate some integrity.

Comment

Tennis is a real sport as well.

I'm a great tennis player btw... I'll own up on any of you.

Comment

Listen, golf IS a sport. Its not physical like others but it takes a lot to be really good at it and master it.

Chess, Poker, Pool, Dominos deserve its own category of a mental sport or something. They dont require much action but more of how you set your play up

Comment

Originally posted by Frogs! View Post
            no.

it just makes them gay.
            Exactly.....

So just like Golf, its not a sport....

Comment

I don't fail.

In my definition of sport, a guy has to be a good athlete to be able to participate in it. My definition is the only one that matters here.

You can call a chess player a sportsman, but that would just make you look like an ass.
              That's your problem. You are creating your own definitions.

Speaking of sportsman.

Definition of Sportsmanship:

Sportsmanship expresses an aspiration or ethos that the activity will be enjoyed for its own sake, with proper consideration for fairness, ethics, respect, and a sense of fellowship with one's competitors. Being a "good sport" involves being a "good winner" as well as being a "good loser".

Comment

I hope your joking, Tennis is for ****s and girls

Comment

Originally posted by dj ♥ View Post
                  Listen, golf IS a sport. Its not physical like others but it takes a lot to be really good at it and master it.

Chess, Poker, Pool, Dominos deserve its own category of a mental sport or something. They dont require much action but more of how you set your play up
                  I used to get picked on by the Scrabble team in High School. Damn those meatheads.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    That's your problem. You are creating your own definitions.

Speaking of sportsman.

Definition of Sportsmanship:

Sportsmanship expresses an aspiration or ethos that the activity will be enjoyed for its own sake, with proper consideration for fairness, ethics, respect, and a sense of fellowship with one's competitors. Being a "good sport" involves being a "good winner" as well as being a "good loser".
                    Its because I've been a high level athlete all my life and I take it as an insult when someone calls a golfer or a chess player an athlete.

I played top level college basketball and now I gotta be lumped into the "athlete" category with guys who smoke while playing??

God damn all that Kelvin.

Comment

no it's not.

there's too much time in between points.

and i could literally finish two tobaccos during changeovers.

Comment

Working...
                      X