Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

REQ: The Promise - HBO Documentary!!!! THE MAKING OF DARKNESS ON THE EDGE OF TOWN

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REQ: The Promise - HBO Documentary!!!! THE MAKING OF DARKNESS ON THE EDGE OF TOWN

We don't get HBO in Australia cause they're a bunch of racist ****s.

1 Million e-points to the wanker who can find me a quality link/torrent/download of this documentary.

It aired last week and I haven't been able to find it on the net.

http://brucespringsteen.net/news/index.html

Comment

Bookmarked a megavideo link a week back, didn't have time to watch it, came back later and it was killed.

All the others I'm finding are dead, too. HBO have patrols out, obviously. Not sure if it's up somewhere on usenet or wherever.

Comment

Originally posted by R O A ☪ View Post
        Bookmarked a megavideo link a week back, didn't have time to watch it, came back later and it was killed.

All the others I'm finding are dead, too. HBO have patrols out, obviously. Not sure if it's up somewhere on usenet or wherever.
        DAMN.

The reviews for this documentary have been all great. Literally. I haven't read one bad review.

I really want to see this man.

I've got this pre-ordered.

http://www.sonymusicdigital.com/bruc...pages/5634215/

It doesn't come out till next month though.

Thanks for searching anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by Stones! View Post
          DAMN.

The reviews for this documentary have been all great. Literally. I haven't read one bad review.

I really want to see this man.

I've got this pre-ordered.

http://www.sonymusicdigital.com/bruc...pages/5634215/

It doesn't come out till next month though.

Thanks for searching anyways.
          Yeah, I'm gonna add the official piece to the collectione, too.

I've developed a serene patience when it comes to these things...and I still get a buzz out of seeing things first in a theatre or on hard-copy, too, which helps with that. I remember when I was 19, 20, if Arthur Lee and Gram Parsons documentaries (or this Bruce one) had come out then I would've been FEENING to see 'em. By the time the stuff is all a reality I'm like chiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilled, hahahha.

Comment

Yeah, I'm gonna add the official piece to the collectione, too.

I've developed a serene patience when it comes to these things...and I still get a buzz out of seeing things first in a theatre or on hard-copy, too, which helps with that. I remember when I was 19, 20, if Arthur Lee and Gram Parsons documentaries (or this Bruce one) had come out then I would've been FEENING to see 'em. By the time the stuff is all a reality I'm like chiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilled, hahahha.

Yeah man, that's how I feel. I'm mad crazy about Bruce. I've been going mental downloading every bootleg I can find from the 70's.

Basically everything from this site;

http://btxmp3index.freeforums.org/1967-1975-t4.html

I just can't be bothered waiting another month to see this though. I'm sure it would pop up sometime this week.

BTW, I can't get 'Brass Buttons' out of my head since you posted it in some thread, can't remember which.

I ended up downloading G.P. and Grievous Angel

Comment

Haven't heard either album in full. Just Brass Buttons lol.
              Last edited by PEBBLES!; 10-17-2010, 12:09 PM.

Comment

I'll keep scouting for you, man. There's a few places I haven't popped into for a minute that it might turn up in.

BTW, I can't get 'Brass Buttons' out of my head since you posted it in some thread, can't remember which.

I ended up downloading G.P. and Grievous Angel
                Add The Flying Burrito Brothers' 'The Gilded Palace Of Sin' if you can.

If you dig, there's a world more.

You know Gram was Keith Richards' boy, right?

Comment

I'll keep scouting for you, man. There's a few places I haven't popped into for a minute that it might turn up in.

Add The Flying Burrito Brothers' 'The Gilded Palace Of Sin' if you can.

If you dig, there's a world more.

You know Gram was Keith Richards' boy, right?
                  Thanks. I'm still searching too.

I had no idea he had any connection to Richards.

Parsons sounds really country.

I'll check them out too.

Comment

Thanks. I'm still searching too.

I had no idea he had any connection to Richards.

Parsons sounds really country.

I'll check them out too.
                    He's there in those massed background blends on 'Exile...'.

And he's in a lot of those pics taken at the sessions at Villa Nellcôte, too,

It's little publicized, but Mick was pretty jealous of that relationship at its height. It's always talked of that Gram became enamored of Mick's stage swag and would ape it (which was true of a spell in his career), but Mick took a lot more from Gram - check Mick in the video for 'Angie', then see the Burritos' earlier video for 'Hot Burrito #1'. He rubbed off a lot on Keith musically, too.

Gram, in his custom Nudies, was also the sharpest cat on that whole West Coast scene, hahhaha,

And just generally in music, he's responsible for so much, and wrote a lot of classic songs, even though he was never a star.

There was a documentary about the recording of one of Jagger's solo albums a few years back. At one point during the film, Jagger goes to the piano and starts to play and sing a slow, rolling 'Hickory Wind' (a song Gram gave to the Byrds),

Comment

Working...
                    X